We had a great time at A Stone's Throw Away. Thank you to all the staff, who made our stay romantic and quiet. We stayed in Rm#8 with an Ocean View. The view is amazing from the balcony or your King sized bed. The room is clean and has with small fridge, tv, and good shower. The B&B is really cool sitting atop a rock/coral hill. The pool is in a garden area and therefore has leaf debris. We ate one time at the B&B and the food was good. Drinks are on an honor system, which is convenient but can shock your budget at the end of your stay if are not careful. We hit the grocery on West Bay for beach snacks and bottled water. Tap water seems okay as we had ice and refilled our water bottles. It seems Bahamas has some of the cleanest water sources in the Caribbean.
The beach down the hill from the B&B is really non-existent, so you can go a half mile or so West to Love Beach and hang out for the day. It costs $5 per person but the view is great and there is a restaurant with great Conch to eat. Love Beach has pine trees covering the upper beach, so there is some debris on the beach. Still, it was a nice area and very relaxing. Love beach is under the approach for the airport, but the planes were not too loud.
This B&B is about 30 mins away from downtown Nassau, but you can rent a car at the airport or use the fantastic bus system. The local buses constantly run until 6-7pm. Sit back an relax to get a lay of land via West Bay all the way into Nassau, Paradise Island, etc. If you miss the bus back to the B&B at night, its about $27.
Thank you Marcie and all the staff for making our stay so memorable.
- Also Known As:
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel Nassau
- A Stone's Throw Away Bahamas/Nassau
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the west end of New Providence lies an exquisite hideaway. A STONE'S THROW AWAY is perched on one of the highest elevations by the coast. Here our Guests can indulge in a rare panoramic view of Nassau 's land and sea. The scenery boasts the best of the island's natural wonders, from the native pine forest by Lake Killarney to the brim of the coral reefs that protect the glimmering beaches of west Nassau. The property was recently built to echo the traditions of an old Bahamian home: wood floors and wood ceilings, louvered shutters and a large wrap around porch bring the visitors back to a quieter time long ago when the music of the islands could be heard in the whispers of the trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your A Stone's Throw Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.