“Great moments!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas

Save Saved
You added Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas to your Saves list
Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Coral Harbour Road PO Box N-9750, Nassau, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #13 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Great moments!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went there for few days, for relaxing. I first booked it because I was on a budget for accommodation and it was the cheaper ( Stoped in Bahamas on my way to go to Cuba from USA).
It was great!! You are far away from everything, so you can definetely disconnect!!
This is not a resort with lots of kids around playing and screaming!
The staff is nice and welcoming.
Ricky the bar-tender is helpful and good fun!!
The breakfast was not the best one, but you can eat properly. It was offered baggel, boiled eggs, breads, waffles, muffins, coffee, juices, cereals. All in self-service. It was much appreciated for me!!
The beach is not the beach in Bahamas but it is quiet, not many people. We were the only one for most of the time. It is still nice.
The food is nice, ask what you want you can have it! It is made on the moment, it takes its time and you won't be disappointed!!! The bar has a good atmosphere with local people coming at night for a few drinks so you can have good chats with them!!
The room was good enough for us! The water was not working when we arrived, told them and put the pomp on and all was good. A/C was working welll, comfy bed, terrace, wi-fi was working well.
To me, it was a good place to relax and disconnect from everything. You can be satisfied by this place if you are a tourist who like to travel simply and enjoy himself.
Will I go back? Yes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

i checked in Feb 2013 where i meet Jay he was the most amazing person you could ever imagine he made us feel at home and very much welcome he is very accommodating the place was well kept n the staff was great except for an older gentleman Mr Johnson who was very loud and pushy or should i say to excited when he saw people "kind of Creepy"when we came out our room every morning he pushed us to eat the continental breakfast that i taught was optional weather or not i wanted to eat it or not" that guy needs to not be there the beach was great the food was beyond exception

Room Tip: stay clear of the old guy that wheres a stalking
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We booked a night here because we needed a place to stay for twelve hours near the airport. Based on the other reviews, I was prepared for it to be bad, but it was worse than I feared: it's run down, the locks on the doors don't work, they gave us one towel in the bathroom, the carpeting in the rooms is gross and the room was mosquito infested. On the up side, the a/c did work. The beach is not very nice, especially for the Bahamas. The whole place had a creepy vibe. I would NEVER vacation here, and I wouldn't even stay for twelve hours again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
manitoba canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Returning from Eleuthera, we had to overnight in Nassau and stayed at this well maintained hotel. The staff were the friendliest and most helpful we have ever met. We enjoyed our evening and meal at the restaurant/bar situated right on the property, the continental breakfast and walk on the beach in the morning. I would recommend a stay at this establishment to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights with my boyfriend. The room was OK. We had to pay extra fees for the room service when we arrived, which I didn't mind at all but no service at all was provided on any day. Furthermore the senior member of staff made us check out 1h before the time offered initially by the hotel without any apparent raison.

We rented a car from the hotel but had the bad surprise of having a flat battery and couldn't start the car after our first stop. Fortunately, some nice people helped us.

The local food at the restaurant was OK but the service was extremely slow.

the senior member of staff was very un-profesionnal.

The other members of staff were very nice.

I got for what I paid and I won't come back.

I forgot to say that the internet connection was very bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I have never written a review for anything prior. This hotel is an exception, and thought I should write for it on priceline and tripadvisor at least.

It was raining almost every day during our vacation. This was a blessing in disguise as rain enables us to spend more time at hotel restaurant ( had amazing cheesy fries in gravy, jerk chicken, and sliders, met extremely talented chef ) and bar ( curry mutton). Met lots of local people at the sand bar, and learned a lot from them. The crowd is young and witty, also middle aged laid back people at the bar. And even when people are drunk, everyone is such respectful good drunks! You felt as though you are having drinks with your cousins or siblings. Sat on hammocks by the beach on last day, and wished I had done that previous days since it was so breezy and one of a kind experience. Our room has verenda that overlooks ocean, and the view is breathtaking.

Area is little out of way from local buses. Best if you rent a car. Car rentals are about $60 a day, taxi from airport to hotel is $20. There are no atms in the hotel. Hotel accept credit card, though cash is easier and cheaper without extra charges from credit card company.

You can take local buses if you ask hotel staff to call for bus ahead. This would delay some plans as buses run scarcely to the area during the day. I believe renting a car from travel package ( hotel,flight,car) would have been the cheapest and most efficient. We did not go to any other islands outside of nassau; locals told us that we could have gone to Andros island for $60 by plane if we planned ahead. so, ask around, talk to as many people as you can to learn.

We will definitely come back to this hotel if we come to nassau next time. Will definitely decline free resort living accomodations for this treasure!

• Stayed May 2012
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I think this is my first ever hotel review, but I’m inclined to write it to dispel some of the negative critiques by other reviewers.
I stayed at Coral Harbour with my girlfriend for three nights and we loved the place. It has all the amenities we were looking for and none of the artificial glitz created by hotels on the north end of the island. With that said, and as evidenced by the other reviews – these estates are not for everyone. If you’re looking for a 4+ star hotel with exercise room and pool and sterile cleanliness, this may not be for you. But we thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed but very attentive staff, the cozy bar and beachfront restaurant, the outdoor patio, the food, the view, etc. We were definitely patting ourselves on the back for booking this place.
A few things to note:
Definitely rent a car. I’d recommend getting it at the airport that way you don’t have to rely on anyone else to shuttle your around, particularly for flights. The car allows you to get anywhere you want to go, and is easily parked at Coral Harbour when not in use.
We enjoyed the people, eats, and drinks at the restaurant (ate nearly all items on the short menu), but also loved our 2nd floor balcony. We bought some breakfast food at the store down the street for the mornings and enjoyed having some drinks at any time of day while overlooking the ocean. So peaceful!!
Don’t worry about the little things. No, our toilet wasn’t perfect, the shower drain backed up a little, the silverware supply was sparse, but really none of these things detracted from our satisfaction. We spent a day exploring Atlantis and had a blast, but were so happy to get back to our quaint little getaway off the path from the hordes of tourists.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this place to any of my friends!

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor with balcony, near the beach. I think 31 and 33
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas? Share your experiences!