“Will not go back” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas

Save Saved
You added Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas to your Saves list
Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Coral Harbour Road PO Box N-9750, Nassau, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Dallas, Texas
“Will not go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights with my boyfriend. The room was OK. We had to pay extra fees for the room service when we arrived, which I didn't mind at all but no service at all was provided on any day. Furthermore the senior member of staff made us check out 1h before the time offered initially by the hotel without any apparent raison.

We rented a car from the hotel but had the bad surprise of having a flat battery and couldn't start the car after our first stop. Fortunately, some nice people helped us.

The local food at the restaurant was OK but the service was extremely slow.

the senior member of staff was very un-profesionnal.

The other members of staff were very nice.

I got for what I paid and I won't come back.

I forgot to say that the internet connection was very bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I have never written a review for anything prior. This hotel is an exception, and thought I should write for it on priceline and tripadvisor at least.

It was raining almost every day during our vacation. This was a blessing in disguise as rain enables us to spend more time at hotel restaurant ( had amazing cheesy fries in gravy, jerk chicken, and sliders, met extremely talented chef ) and bar ( curry mutton). Met lots of local people at the sand bar, and learned a lot from them. The crowd is young and witty, also middle aged laid back people at the bar. And even when people are drunk, everyone is such respectful good drunks! You felt as though you are having drinks with your cousins or siblings. Sat on hammocks by the beach on last day, and wished I had done that previous days since it was so breezy and one of a kind experience. Our room has verenda that overlooks ocean, and the view is breathtaking.

Area is little out of way from local buses. Best if you rent a car. Car rentals are about $60 a day, taxi from airport to hotel is $20. There are no atms in the hotel. Hotel accept credit card, though cash is easier and cheaper without extra charges from credit card company.

You can take local buses if you ask hotel staff to call for bus ahead. This would delay some plans as buses run scarcely to the area during the day. I believe renting a car from travel package ( hotel,flight,car) would have been the cheapest and most efficient. We did not go to any other islands outside of nassau; locals told us that we could have gone to Andros island for $60 by plane if we planned ahead. so, ask around, talk to as many people as you can to learn.

We will definitely come back to this hotel if we come to nassau next time. Will definitely decline free resort living accomodations for this treasure!

• Stayed May 2012
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I think this is my first ever hotel review, but I’m inclined to write it to dispel some of the negative critiques by other reviewers.
I stayed at Coral Harbour with my girlfriend for three nights and we loved the place. It has all the amenities we were looking for and none of the artificial glitz created by hotels on the north end of the island. With that said, and as evidenced by the other reviews – these estates are not for everyone. If you’re looking for a 4+ star hotel with exercise room and pool and sterile cleanliness, this may not be for you. But we thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed but very attentive staff, the cozy bar and beachfront restaurant, the outdoor patio, the food, the view, etc. We were definitely patting ourselves on the back for booking this place.
A few things to note:
Definitely rent a car. I’d recommend getting it at the airport that way you don’t have to rely on anyone else to shuttle your around, particularly for flights. The car allows you to get anywhere you want to go, and is easily parked at Coral Harbour when not in use.
We enjoyed the people, eats, and drinks at the restaurant (ate nearly all items on the short menu), but also loved our 2nd floor balcony. We bought some breakfast food at the store down the street for the mornings and enjoyed having some drinks at any time of day while overlooking the ocean. So peaceful!!
Don’t worry about the little things. No, our toilet wasn’t perfect, the shower drain backed up a little, the silverware supply was sparse, but really none of these things detracted from our satisfaction. We spent a day exploring Atlantis and had a blast, but were so happy to get back to our quaint little getaway off the path from the hordes of tourists.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this place to any of my friends!

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor with balcony, near the beach. I think 31 and 33
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The idea of a "villa" on the beach, out of the way of Nassau, and based on some of the reviews on here, made us book 5 nights in August 2011. The reservation included the room only, breakfast excluded, but we were told that the "restaurant" would be available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. After the experience on the first morning, where two toast breads, some synthetic jam and bottled juice and some tea (tea bags) set us back $25, we never returned.

Exploring the "private" beach, we found it full of washed up beer bottles, debris, dog poo and generally not a nice play to be, next to an abandoned house on the beach.

Keen to explore Bahamas, we very quickly realised that car rental is a must. Nearest super market is about 2 kilometers away, and since we didn't want to revisit the restaurant we had to stock up on essential breakfast supplies. Obviously we should have booked a car in the airport, but since the property offered car rental too, we took this option. We were greeted by a wreck of a Nissan Micra, where one mirror was knocked off, that badly pulled to the left and made some very worrying sounds when braking. The price was about twice what a rental from the airport would have been, as we belatedly discovered.

The "villa" itself was the ground floor of a row of houses, with the family of the owners staying in the top floor. Everything was very basic, with a small kitchen, a basic bathroom and a very small living room (the ceiling of which had a huge water damage). The bed room faced the back, so was quiet, and the air conditioning made the dampness of the room acceptable...

The overall feeling we got was one of neglect (the beach would have been a very nice feature if someone had bothered to take care of it), and the rooms were very basic. The final nail in the coffin is that the property is family-run and pretends to be very friendly and "folksy" as long as you don't question any of the deficiencies. As soon as you ask for anything out of the ordinary, such as a late check-out, or queries the state of the rental car, you are immediately met with a "not possible", or "that will cost you an extra half day rental".

All in all, a disappointing stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We were directed to this location for food, and the restaurant is indeed humming for an out-of-the-way place right on the beach! prices are, as expected, um, healthy. A cheeseburger will run you $12, and the drinks are also costly (if you ask for water, it will be bottled and there will be a charge). When we were there, they had just built a new deck (huge) and a fellow was industriously painting the railings white, even as people relaxed around tables at a safe remove from the paint, to have drinks and watch the sunset. This is a lovely spot, graced by nature. The interior of the restaurant is charming and basically beach-housy, but they have a large flatscreen TV showing golf, which obviously was a draw for some of the dedicated patrons at the tables that afternoon. However...

Only the restaurant seems to have a sense of industry. It is at the west side of the beach end of the hotel property, which extends to the road. The hotel's bar, also somewhat active, is small and partially thatched, and the tables and chairs are rescued from a variety of other eras and not all are in good repair. There is a room with a pool table (nothing much else) and a cage where a TV used to be, lighting with exposed (although insulated) wiring, and two restrooms, both of which worked (a plus). one gets a feeling of a deserted building from the ground floor indoors area. The parking lot contains (at the time of writing) at least one car skewed up on a cement block. The lovely rope hammocks shown in their promo photos all have gaping holes in them, there is too much trash lying around on the beach, there is a truly awful rental car rate ($60/day? One can get a car for $30/day at tony guest houses on the North Shore) posted on the door of a little office off the parking lot... could that be the office for the Beach House?

Overall, the strong impression is that while the restaurant is building both its infrastructure and its client base/reputation, the beach house has been coasting for a long time with little to no maintenance and is still attempting to charge the same rates that it might have merited had it been maintained properly. Clean this place up first, especially things like rooms, A/C, door locks, hammocks, trash clearance, and junked car removal, and then you can go back to charging high rates. At the moment, it is worth about $50 for the convenient 10-min drive to the airport, and assuming the room is scrupulously clean and the plumbing all functioning, but less if the room has no working door lock.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms seem to be preferred. Really lovely natural area, just not well-maintained.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed here as we needed a place close to the airport where we could sleep (arrived in Nassau at 10pm, departing the next morning to Treasure Cay at 9am). This hotel was fine for that. Everyone was really friendly, we had a late night snack at the bar/restaurant (some plastic tables right on the beach) which was really quite nice.

The room was clean...but very very very old. Everything was dated and run down. The bed was super comfortable...but the air conditioner was excessively noisy - it was hard to sleep.
We didn't make it to the beach, but did note that the sand was literally right outside our door.

All in all fine for a one night stay...but definitely too expensive for what it was. This one night cost us the same as two nights in a much better hotel in Treasure Cay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I am an avid traveler through nassau and tried this place for the first time in January 2012.
I gave permission to charge my credit card for a king suite/upstairs/balcony.
When I arrived i was told that the room wasn't ready and was put in a substandard room until suite was ready. Nightfall came and I was told I had to stay in the inferior room. I told manager this was unnaceptable since I had paid for the suite. When I requested a reduced rate for the lousy room the manager just laughed. Then I find out that THE FRONT DOOR LOCK WAS BROKE AND THE PATIO DOORS ALSO HAD NO LOCK. I FEARED FOR MY SAFETY. I learned my lesson, if the room you prepaid for is not what your given you need to find a new hotel. The only saving grace was the beachfront restaraunt...I would only go back for the food not to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas? Share your experiences!