The idea of a "villa" on the beach, out of the way of Nassau, and based on some of the reviews on here, made us book 5 nights in August 2011. The reservation included the room only, breakfast excluded, but we were told that the "restaurant" would be available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. After the experience on the first morning, where two toast breads, some synthetic jam and bottled juice and some tea (tea bags) set us back $25, we never returned.
Exploring the "private" beach, we found it full of washed up beer bottles, debris, dog poo and generally not a nice play to be, next to an abandoned house on the beach.
Keen to explore Bahamas, we very quickly realised that car rental is a must. Nearest super market is about 2 kilometers away, and since we didn't want to revisit the restaurant we had to stock up on essential breakfast supplies. Obviously we should have booked a car in the airport, but since the property offered car rental too, we took this option. We were greeted by a wreck of a Nissan Micra, where one mirror was knocked off, that badly pulled to the left and made some very worrying sounds when braking. The price was about twice what a rental from the airport would have been, as we belatedly discovered.
The "villa" itself was the ground floor of a row of houses, with the family of the owners staying in the top floor. Everything was very basic, with a small kitchen, a basic bathroom and a very small living room (the ceiling of which had a huge water damage). The bed room faced the back, so was quiet, and the air conditioning made the dampness of the room acceptable...
The overall feeling we got was one of neglect (the beach would have been a very nice feature if someone had bothered to take care of it), and the rooms were very basic. The final nail in the coffin is that the property is family-run and pretends to be very friendly and "folksy" as long as you don't question any of the deficiencies. As soon as you ask for anything out of the ordinary, such as a late check-out, or queries the state of the rental car, you are immediately met with a "not possible", or "that will cost you an extra half day rental".
All in all, a disappointing stay.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Harbour Beach House And Villas Hotel
- Coral Harbour Beach House And Villas Hotel Nassau
- Coral Harbour Beach Hotel
- Coral Harbour Beach House And Villas Bahamas/Nassau
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Budget Places, HotelsClick, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.