“Family holiday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
“Family holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at the Melia for a family holiday with 9 adults and 2 children.

When we arrived at the resort we found that they had one too many rooms booked for our party and they were unable to accommodate our request for ground floor room thus for easy access for strollers. However we were eventually put on the same floor however with some of our parties room overlooking a building site and skip. I appreciate that the new Ba Ha Mar is getting built next door however i think we seen more workmen in our hotel lobby than was on the building site. We also experience regular power cuts in the hotel which were unexplained and didn't seem to phase the staff as lots of them seemed used to it.

Now onto the food with many options we felt that it would be easy to find something for everyone at the hotel. However that was only found at the buffet the market. However it was closed on night with no notice which meant we had to go else where. At the Italian we were told it was very short notice to seat a group so large however we were never told the marketplace would shut to make prior arrangements. The Italian the meals came out cold and potatoes so undercooked they were raw, Mexican was OK but not spicy and portion sizes would have been about right for a 5 star restaurant not a family menu. The Asian fusion restaurant was great and would highly recommend it. Black Angus which is not included in our package was also a great place to eat even if it was expensive the service and food was brilliant.
We did go out to the fish fry for lunch and i would recommend anyone to do this food was brilliant and very good value. We watched stingrays and jelly fish swim past as we had lunch.

Services and amenities in the resort the main problem for us was that the wi-fi went down for 4 days with no information being past to any of the guest from what i could hear. They just said they couldn't give us a day that it would be back up and running and just stated there was a fault. The pools were great for the kids to play in however your better to wait till the sun heats them up as prior to this they were far too cold even for adults to venture in. At night the entertainment that was put on in the lobby was very good however i do believe whoever sets these acts up just has one volume setting which is TEN. If it was a tad quieter i possibly could have ordered a drink at the bar without shouting.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had several problems while staying at the Melia. This is an expensive hotel, and I expected quality service.
1. There was a long wait every morning at breakfast (included) although there were tables clearly open. It was next to impossible to flag down a waiter to get coffee or water (for 7 consecutive days...). If you are male and white, it should be easier. If you are not, this will absolutely be an issue-- yes, including with a majority-black staff. If you are female and traveling alone, the same thing applies.
2. The wifi went out... and never came back on. I was there for work, but brought my family to vacation. They had a lovely time at the pool, and my 2 year old doesnt care about wifi. However, the staff continuously told us that it was an "external" issue and as such, nothing to do with them. Every day (for 7 days) we were told that it was coming back on "soon." The other problem: there is no other internet available, except for a 1/2 mile walk to the local Burger Kings.
3. I asked several times for the manager to call me about this issue. I'm still waiting...

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My friend and I came here for a long weekend, to catch up snd enjoy some R&R. It was a GREAT Trip. The resort was so nice. The beach and views from our ocean view room were spectacular. The ocean is so beautiful, and the breeze made it very easy to sit out the whole day,but I stayed under a tropical tree provided by the resort. There are several different pools but i liked the beach so much I didn't venture in. Thr staff was friendly. Nice food options, especially for an all inclusive. Also have a nice tapas bar for a before or after dinner drink. Would go back again,!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I booked a vacation for mine and my girlfriends 6 year anniversary, rom May 17th through May 23rd, at the Melia Nassau Beach Hotel and reserved "The Level Master Suite." The Level is Melia's VIP package when your staying at one of their resorts. I decided on their VIP package after reading about it on the Melia Nassau website (www.melianassau.com). The Melia website lists several amenities as exclusive to "The Level" guests (See Attached Photos). Upon arrival my girlfriend and I proceeded to "The Level" lounge to check-in. Thankfully despite our very early arrival (approx 10am on the 17th) they were able to check us into our room immediately. We couldn't have been more thankful for this! However, upon arriving to the room (Rm #365) we observed that the furniture was dated and had been obviously abused. The nightstand on on the right hand side of the bed (as you face it) was missing piece of veneer approximately 4 to 6 inches in length. I brought this to the attention of our "The Level" concierge and were informed that all rooms were booked and the earliest we could change rooms would be possibly sometime on the 18th, depending on check outs. I also spoke with the concierge about the following amenities which were missing, Wi-Fi, Pillow Menu, Level Bathrobe and Slippers and the "In-Room Aromatherapy Experience". I was informed that the hotels Wi-Fi had gone down a few hours early and would be fixed that day. I later overheard several guests complaining that Wi-Fi had been down since Friday May 15th, so my girlfriend and I were lied to regarding the Wi-Fi. We didn't regain Wi-Fi until sometime in the afternoon on Wednesday May 20th. Thanks to Adrian (The Level concierge), who brought a separate wi-fi router to our room and set it up for us. I was also informed that the aromatherapy was essentially fabreze, which was a disappointment. My girlfriend and I were expecting a tangible item, such as incense or a candle. As for the pillow menu, robe and slippers no one seemed to know what I was speaking about. The following are other "The Level" items/services that we didn't receive and weren't offered; Oshimori towel, sunscreen lotion, aloe vera lotion, exclusive "The Level" towel hut, and iced / chilled fruit skewers. Due to our early check-in our "Welcome Gift" wasn't immediately ready, we received it later in the afternoon. It was a small fruit plate consisting of two apples, one banana, one nectarine, a couple black berries, one wine glass and a small bottle of Fiji water (for TWO people). I also spoke to the concierge regarding the welcome gift and was told that the staff that prepares them weren't aware of the number of guests checking into each room. Also, there wasn't a designated pool area for "The Level" guests that we could find. This all taken into consideration I believe the almost $800 extra I paid for "The Level Master Suite" was a true waste of money. Now that is not to say that we didn't receive good customer service from everyone in "The Level" we did, we just believe that the hotel management sold "The Level" package as something more than it really was. (See Photos from Melia website)

As for the service received from staff I really can't complain. Everyone my girlfriend and I dealt with went out of their way to take care of our needs, besides the issues listed above. Everyone was extremely friendly and always welcomed us with a smile. We never had an issue getting a drink at the bar or on the The Level beach area thanks to Jerard (Beach Concierge). Who I might add on our last full day in the resort went and got my girlfriend and I drinks, during his own time after his shift had ended. Despite my insisting that his time was his and that he didn't need to do that for us. He really went out of his way and made us feel truly special.

Now onto the food, during our stay we ate at The Market Place Buffet, Cilantro, EstaVida, The O Grille and Aqua. That being said I can only speak to these restaurants, but with that in mind you would be hard pressed to find a bad meal at this resort. Our only complaint is that during breakfast and lunch it can be very difficult to get drinks ordered and your table bused in The Market Place Buffet. However, this was only a minor inconvenience.

Also, the location of the resort is great, it is located on Bay St and is only a short taxi or bus ride to Downtown Nassau, the Botanic Gardens and the Zoo. If you want to go to the Zoo or Botanic garden you just need to let the Taxi / Bus driver you want to be let off by the Fish Fry and follow the signs for the Zoo, it's only a very short walk. Its a beautiful little Zoo and I highly recommend everyone visit.

So overall, I would recommend the resort to other travelers but I could not in good conscience recommend paying the extra money for the VIP package. I hope this review is seen by hotel management/corporate and that someone reaches out to me regarding these concerns. It shouldn't be that hard for them to track me down. I left our room number and the dates of our stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I travel for business and my wife is a travel agent, collectively we log over 100 nights in hotels each year.

By far, this is the worst service we have ever recieved.it's almost like the employees don't care. Disorganization is rampant, and you story from everyone about the resort.

- be prepared to wait 10-15 min for a drink at the pool bar (ended up going to the lobby bar and bringing drinks outside). Not busy, just bartenders who could give a crap.

- restaurants not open all days of the week. Check before you go...and there are so few, they will book up days in advance and then your stuck with the buffet...

- buffet: went for breakfast 2 mornings in a row (giving the benefit of the doubt). 10:15am...75 people in line, half the restaurant emtpy. Manager says they are getting ready to set for lunch. Enough pressure from the crows, now 75 people all seating themselves. Too many people all at once for the waitstaff now...no coffee, water service. People are now serving themselves.

- nightlife. None to speak of, but no problem...went out in town $20 cab each way.

- Rooms. Good, clean. Although speaking to the service agin, we waited until 4pm to get our room cleaned everyday. almost seemed understaffed in the area when you talk to people.

- Food. Good for an all inclusive...don't expect an Atlantis experience, but it gets the job done.

- overall the property is in good condition, but not indicative of a Melia Resort experience.

- Staff. One word, rude. I don't think I saw one bartender smile. 10 person line at the concierge for dinner reservations, front desk not willing to back then up. Left hand not talking to the right hand.

We had a good vacation, but would not come back to this Hotel. We seemed to have the same experience as many of the people we met.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Amazing beaches, lousy service and facilities. Took literally 1 hour to check in, first they couldnt find my prepaid reservation, then wanted me to pay again, and then had to stand 30 minutes in another line to get my key. There are probably better options for the price.

Stayed May 2015
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Why stay at the Atlantis when you can stay in this all inclusive property for less than halve the nightly rate. The food, drinks and service were above average like a 7 out of 10. The beach front location is second to none plenty of chairs even during Easter week. All the rooms were beautiful with a great views and when the entire location is complete. There really is no reason to stay anywhere else when the other three Hotels open at this complex. Giorgio is the man to see if you should have any concerns at this beautiful property. I can't say enough about Giorgio and his staff. I am highly recommending this property to friends and family.
Thank you Giorgio hope to see you next year.

Room Tip: we had five rooms they were all beach front and great