Stayed at the Melia for a family holiday with 9 adults and 2 children.
When we arrived at the resort we found that they had one too many rooms booked for our party and they were unable to accommodate our request for ground floor room thus for easy access for strollers. However we were eventually put on the same floor however with some of our parties room overlooking a building site and skip. I appreciate that the new Ba Ha Mar is getting built next door however i think we seen more workmen in our hotel lobby than was on the building site. We also experience regular power cuts in the hotel which were unexplained and didn't seem to phase the staff as lots of them seemed used to it.
Now onto the food with many options we felt that it would be easy to find something for everyone at the hotel. However that was only found at the buffet the market. However it was closed on night with no notice which meant we had to go else where. At the Italian we were told it was very short notice to seat a group so large however we were never told the marketplace would shut to make prior arrangements. The Italian the meals came out cold and potatoes so undercooked they were raw, Mexican was OK but not spicy and portion sizes would have been about right for a 5 star restaurant not a family menu. The Asian fusion restaurant was great and would highly recommend it. Black Angus which is not included in our package was also a great place to eat even if it was expensive the service and food was brilliant.
We did go out to the fish fry for lunch and i would recommend anyone to do this food was brilliant and very good value. We watched stingrays and jelly fish swim past as we had lunch.
Services and amenities in the resort the main problem for us was that the wi-fi went down for 4 days with no information being past to any of the guest from what i could hear. They just said they couldn't give us a day that it would be back up and running and just stated there was a fault. The pools were great for the kids to play in however your better to wait till the sun heats them up as prior to this they were far too cold even for adults to venture in. At night the entertainment that was put on in the lobby was very good however i do believe whoever sets these acts up just has one volume setting which is TEN. If it was a tad quieter i possibly could have ordered a drink at the bar without shouting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas