I travel for business and my wife is a travel agent, collectively we log over 100 nights in hotels each year.
By far, this is the worst service we have ever recieved.it's almost like the employees don't care. Disorganization is rampant, and you story from everyone about the resort.
- be prepared to wait 10-15 min for a drink at the pool bar (ended up going to the lobby bar and bringing drinks outside). Not busy, just bartenders who could give a crap.
- restaurants not open all days of the week. Check before you go...and there are so few, they will book up days in advance and then your stuck with the buffet...
- buffet: went for breakfast 2 mornings in a row (giving the benefit of the doubt). 10:15am...75 people in line, half the restaurant emtpy. Manager says they are getting ready to set for lunch. Enough pressure from the crows, now 75 people all seating themselves. Too many people all at once for the waitstaff now...no coffee, water service. People are now serving themselves.
- nightlife. None to speak of, but no problem...went out in town $20 cab each way.
- Rooms. Good, clean. Although speaking to the service agin, we waited until 4pm to get our room cleaned everyday. almost seemed understaffed in the area when you talk to people.
- Food. Good for an all inclusive...don't expect an Atlantis experience, but it gets the job done.
- overall the property is in good condition, but not indicative of a Melia Resort experience.
- Staff. One word, rude. I don't think I saw one bartender smile. 10 person line at the concierge for dinner reservations, front desk not willing to back then up. Left hand not talking to the right hand.
We had a good vacation, but would not come back to this Hotel. We seemed to have the same experience as many of the people we met.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas