We were at this hotel when it was being managed by Sheraton. The change is obvious. First of all the place is short of staff and seems to be short of supplies. Bring your own soap and shampoo. At the beach, there are 10 umbrellas for the 600 or so guests. We had to be at the beach at 7 am to avoid roasting under the sun all day. Bring your own IT, there is no business centre for checking in.
You can tell where the washrooms are from the smell. The place looks tired. On the positive side the food is good but avoid Black Angus Grill unless you fancy raw chicken. Priced at high at no reason whatsoever. Last time in Cable beach.
The staff seems to have taken a paycut with the change of hotel operators. They were vocal in saying that they preferred Sheraton over Melia. The staff is nice which is the culture at Bahamas, nothing to do with the hotel managment.
Keys are to be reprogrammed at least 4 times during our stay. We heard many guests complain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas