“Wedding :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
“Wedding :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Okay so everyone that is writing negative reviews I am not sure what resort they are staying at. I am here for a wedding and yes I am currently stuck outside my room but the people here are working their hardest to get me in my room. Many thanks to Shareka at the market place for the Bahama mamas, Philip at the lobby bar, Gary at the poolside bar and Giorgio for being the best and leaving us a great thank you I our room. Treat the staff with respect and you will get respect back :) amazing place - you want to know why the halls are a little torn? Because they are narrow... We all have big travel bags that hit that hit the walls ... Get over it. Great staff great food - so excited for the I wedding tomorrow :) thanks Melia!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I spent a couple of nights here earlier this week. The property is lovely! The lobby is open and inviting. The rooms are beautiful and contemporary, and the view of the pools was picturesque. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly (bellmen, front desk, housekeeping, etc.). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently returned from a trip to the Bahamas with a group of girlfriends. We thought we were getting a pretty decent rate at the Melia, but unfortunately, they had a bunch of hidden fees that we didn't find out about until check in. At that point, it would have been a better deal to stay elsewhere. The hotel was fairly nice, though, so all was okay. Until, that is, we asked the concierge for help with a boat tour. They were rude and unhelpful, giving us one option that was "closed on Sundays". Deciding to take matters into our own hands, we went into town to find other tours. There were many options available, the hotel just didn't bother to look into it. Several bartenders and wait staff were friendly, but for the most part the service was extremely bad. One waiter told us that when the hotel shifted management (from Sheraton to Melia) they pretty much cheated all the staff out of decent salaries, which has created a hostel environment. If management thinks the customers don't notice, they're wrong. You could tell the employees didn't want to be there. Melia better start paying them decent wages, or they'll lose a lot of business.

The room was fine, the restaurants were okay, beach and pool space was great, and drinks were strong. Overall, definitely not worth the price, but not the worst place I've stayed. Look into other options before booking!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Pictures of this hotel make it look updated and large, however, upon entering the hotel, it is very dated and very small. The pictures capture the most updated aspects of the establishment.

We had lunch in the market and it was VERY GOOD! We really enjoyed the food, and our waiter was hilarious and very attentive.

All of the personnel we interacted with during our short stay were spectacular -- what the hotel lacks in updates, it makes up for with fabulous customer service!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Yardley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I brought my three children ages 9,10 and 12 during the Easter Holiday. We stayed 4 nights in the Level all-inclusive. I upgraded to the Level after seeing the dicey reviews, but I'm not so sure it was necessary. That is, I never saw huge check-in lines or anything else that reviewers complained about. That said, the Level staff were OUTSTANDING, especially Julia and Adrian.
I requested a refrigerator before my arrival, and got one, but I'm not sure if it was because of the request, or if it would have been there anyway. Check-in was smooth and friendly; we got into the room when I assumed we wouldn't, at around 12 or 1PM. Nice surprise!
The room (#802) was lovely, had wifi, balcony furniture, clean everything, nothing broken...I was heaving a sigh of relief and wondering if the bad reviews were over-reactions. Who knows, I just know it all went right for me.
All the restaurants were open, but I have a suspicion that they don't offer the really good dining times for the all-inclusive folks. One evening I approached the hostess of Cilantro with a smile, said we were hopeful to get a table even though our reservation was at least an hour later, and we were seated right away. Again, not sure if it was good luck or what, but I can definitely say that an easygoing, pleasant, polite demeanor and smile, accompanied by words of thanks and praise, will always get you farther than humorless demands.
The drinks were strong, the vibe pleasant, and the smiles abundant everywhere. The only disappointment was the Italian restaurant, which had below-average food (except the smoked Provolone app was good) and the one humorless, brusque staffer (waiter) that I experienced. The buffet had hot, delicious food, and there were no lines if we got there before 9AM.
The lifeguards are not too happy to be there, and sharply rebuke swimmers who get too enthusiastic, but I understand their job is safety.
I seriously have no significant complaints at all about Melia; we all had a great time in a pleasant, comfortable, friendly, lively resort. Going back for sure!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We liked the Cilantro best of all - Marco Polo - waiter - made our holiday - he is GREAT!
the Tapas Bar was also very good - the buffet was good all of the time so was the beach grill and panini place. Did not like the entrees at the Aqua - but the starters and desserts were good. The asian was also good. We ate well and used the stairs all the time to our room !!!!!

Room Tip: Get a higher room for better views - away from elevators and staff meeting areas as they were a li...