“Melia girls Vaca in Nassau bahamas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
“Melia girls Vaca in Nassau bahamas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First impression: clean, spacious, very family oriented. My friends and I are on girls trip and were looking for something more lively. We stopped at the lobby bar and our spirits were lifted by Kenwood the bartender. He said, "ladies, I'll make you the best drink you ever tasted". He was right! Kenwood took excellent care of us, and turned our suspicious frowns upside down! Come see Kenwood at the melia in Nassau bahamas!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Denville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My first impression of the lobby was that it is trendy, but a quick overview of the remainder of the property disappointed. We planned our bi-annual girls trip and was expecting a more lively atmosphere. This property is very family oriented, so if you are looking for a more adult setting it is not the place for you. Just as we were finding ourselves in despair, Kenwood the bartender turned our trip around. He made us some "Kenwood Special"s and pointed out local attractions and places to explore. As a Food and Beverage Manager for a leading hotel and resort company, I would highly rate his service and personal attention. The room attendants were pleasant and the front desk/concierge helpful. Very friendly and helpful waitstaff in the restaurants as well.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Myself, husband, brother, sister in law and niece all visited The Bahamas and stayed here at the Melia! Myself and my husband picked the suite paying a good amount extra then a standard room. First off their is no difference! The room was a smide bigger and with a couch! And that was an ocean view! All we saw was the pool from our room! We booked the trip all inclusive prior to knowing I was going to be expecting. First off, it's not all inclusive! I have been to other resorts and have had a real experience of all inclusive! You did not get a fridge with water, beverages. You had to pay for all room service! You did not pay for the buffet, which was the same food every day and tasted disgusting! The italine restaurant was free but you will be waiting over an hour for your food to arrive! You needed reservations for the Mexican and again restaurants. The Mexican we made a reservation for 7. Didn't get in till 730 and didn't have not one person come up to us till about 8!!! After we asked the hostess 3 times! The final time we were not so pleasant asking and they decided to jump! It then took and hour as well to get your food! I chose not to go to the Asian restaurant but my husband and brother stated it was horrible! The steak restaurant food was amazing! But for 3 people for three steaks it was $475!!! The pools were freezing and never cleaned! The first day there we sat by the bar pool and I was attack by some sort of bug that seemed like sand fleas!! It was so terrible I ran to my room and jumped in the shower with my clothes on! There was never any service for drinks by the pool! When asked for a fridge for my medicine and to have water constantly due to being pregnant, I was given a HARD time! I asked one of the bars at around 1pm for a bottle of water and I was told they were all out!!!! REALLY?? If you want a place to be relaxed and not starve this is not the place for you! The staff was completely rude and disrespectful! We found maybe three amazing staff employees and we should them they were appreciative by only tipping them! We were told by a local they act this way because the tips are included! And a new resort is being built across the street! Causing two hotels to close down and taking all the "GOOD" staff to be trained for the new resort! Therefor leaving Melia with unwanted and angered employees! I refuse to every recommend this place to anyone!!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I would have to say that our overall stay was nice. That being said this resort has room for improvement.

The whole place needs a face lift. Peeling paint on outside and in stairwells, rusty banisters, cracking concrete around pools. Our room was clean, although a little worn, just a little and despite other reviews I found the bed very comfortable. The housekeeping staff did a great job, and again with a tip and a nice note we got extra towels that people have complained about. Upon arrival we had no chairs on our balcony, that was quickly resolved. Our safe malfunctioned again resolved quickly. Our in room phone never did work even after several complaints.

We found the food to be hit and miss, but I have to say we are in the food business and have high standards. The Market buffet was tasty and well prepared, cold a lot of the time. At breakfast the cook making omelets and eggs to order was awesome. We also ate at the Tapas bar off the lobby, very good. Cilantro (Latin restaurant) was just ok with one entre not good at all. We did not try the Pan Asian or the Steak House.I will agree with an other review, there is a bit of a fly issue. We ate off property at an area called the Fish Fry, very good fun place.

The staff. Overall we had little issues with service and staff. Front desk can use a training course, not rude just seem not interested. Concierge were helpful. We did think that the hotel could have supplied more info about what was going on around the hotel .Bartenders and servers, for the most part were good. A little trouble the first day but once you learn the lay of the land, things improved greatly. Be couritous, and tip a little. Take a minute and learn their names that helps, Gary, Calan, Patrick all good bartenders. Plenty of servers around the pool. Don't be impatient you are on Island time.

This resort is contracted to be part of the Baha Mar resort, convention and entertainment complex so I expect it will be improved and upgraded soon.

This was our first experience in The Bahamas. We had a great time. If you are going for the first time, get off the resort and go to some local places, you won't be sorry

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Granada Hills ,California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Loved this establishment. Had the all inclusive for one night wish it couldve been more. staff very friendly and accomodating. Food excellent I had the Japanese Teppan style and its was very good not quite Beni hanna's but very good. Love the pool area as well with all the waterfalls etc.
The beach was wonderful overall excellent stay/

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overall we had a great time! At night the bars inside were a little crowded and hard to get a drink sometimes,but your on vacation so b patient! We did tip, a couple of dollars and they appreciate it. The woman who made the omlets did a great job, agaim b patient!!! All inclusive hotels in my experience tend to party, good time fun. It is not quiet at pool although there is more then 1 and u can find one and they are very good about bringing u drinks and lunch.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Liberal, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Let me start by saying what I really liked about the Melia. First of all, the beach is very pretty, the water is very calm because it is reef-protected and there are some pretty fish and other things to see if you like to snorkel. If you are traveling with younger children, this beach would be great for them. The only time that there was much surge or current was when the tide was changing and even then it wasn't very rough. Other than some litter on the beach from spring breakers; the resort is very clean, including the rooms. (Our housekeeper was wonderful btw, besides doing a great job she was super friendly and very nice!) The pools are nice (although we didn't spend much time in them...there's a beach!) and they do have a swim-up bar that's open during the day.They have several pools with varying depths for kids to adults. (Only the main pool is heated as far as I could tell.) They also have daily activities for kids and adults but I really can't say much about them other than they sounded fun, we didn't participate in those. They also have local vendors that set up tables to sell items on the weekends. (The market across the street has about the same variety, similar prices, etc. if you miss it.)

Some of the things that I didn't like: The front desk staff is not overly concerned about the level of service they provide. They were nice enough, but never made us feel that they were overly interested in what they were doing. They have about 6 computer stations for check-in but we never saw more than two of them open at one time. Check-in was slow, but not as bad as some of the reviewers made it sound. Don't get there before three and don't be in a hurry and you'll be okay. Check-out was a surprisingly lengthy proceedure considering we'd confirmed charges, etc. the night before. We finally had to just leave with an "I'm sure it's all good" so that we could take the taxi to the airport. We had 2 nights with limited power - all generator due to power outage on the island. This wasn't their fault and wouldn't have been an issue at all except for the fact that when they run on generator or the power's out, the water filtration system doesn't work and that is not a good situation! (brownish yellow and stinky until the filters get back up!) But I don't think that this is a regular occurance, just a fluke. Some reviewers have said that none of the staff is friendly, but we didn't find that to be the case. Pretty much like everywhere else: some people are some people aren't! I do think that their restaurant personnel have the larger non-friendly to friendly ratio though. Staff in the pool area were great, friendly and helpful! You have to expect slow service though, and that doesn't matter where you go or what you do. Things are just more laid back. "Island time"...it's a thing...

It's very expensive to eat there if you don't buy the all-inclusive package. Of course, it's pretty expensive to eat in Nassau in general! (But there is a nice little sandwich shop in the hallway past the concierge station and down the escalator. They have great meat pies for breakfast that are inexpensive and tasty but they do sell out. They also have decent burgers at a reasonable price.) I think that the resort is pretty family friendly, there seemed to be things for kids to do. If you don't like to stay at the resort all the time, the buses are pretty easy to navigate and only cost $1.25-3.00 per person depending on how far you're going. But the trip downtown is only $1.25 per person and the bus stop is right across the street.

If you're looking for a place to hang out for a few days, this is not a bad choice. The rooms are decent enough and who's going to spend much time in the room when you're in the Bahamas anyway, right? If you're looking for a place to spend a long weekend or something like that than it's not a bad option if you can get a good deal on the price. Free wifi is available in the lobby and pool areas, but it will sometimes work in the rooms too.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!