“Last minute christmas getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
“Last minute christmas getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The reviews definitely had me very concerned about the quality of the hotel. On arrival, the line for check in was outrageously long and moved very slow. Best bet is to get a drink while you wait. The food was moderate and not all restaurants on the property were included in the "all- inclusive". The outside grill needs more food selections. The rooms were comfortable and fairly updated.
The beach, pool and beach bar were the highlight of the trip. The bartenders were friendly. The beach activities were fun and contained a variety of sports and games. The water was clear and amazing. The buffet staff was nice but very slow in bringing drinks. The hotel was ok for a last minute trip within a Christmas budget. My boyfriend and I was able to escape the east coast chilly temperatures and relax for the holiday.
Date traveled: 25 Dec- 29 Dec 2014

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I understand that this hotel is under new ownership and perhaps the front desk experience is better, but our check in process was a little disappointing. It all resolved itself after a couple of hours as we were told to come back since the room wasn't ready (even though it was well after check in time). What I like about Nassau is being able to go for a long weekend since it is so close and the hotel is 15 minutes from the airport, therefore when the check in process is complicated it takes away from the short period stay. The rooms- Perhaps the rooms will be reno'd which ours was lovely, but it is a hotel with people coming and going which means dings and dents and scratches everywhere. It was still a lovely room with SUPER HOT hallway as the sun shines into the glass hallways and they are like a sauna. Thankfully it's only for passing through. The Area-The area around the hotel is safe with lots of restaurants to walk to. There is a Starbucks in the hotel (bonus) and a Daiquiri Shack across the street which is a must (double bonus). Beach is great, people are lovely, downtown is a little sketch, but the Fish Fry is a must. We had breakfast included in our stay which is worth it as there aren't many options other than the starbucks. TIP-Bring your travel cups and hit the liquor store, and 7/11 which is in walking distance to pick up mixers and booze. Better to mix your own and bring to the beach otherwise you are paying $15 a drink at the bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello Mona Z,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your Bahamas Vacation.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First the good. The buffet was excellent and staff was very friendly. It is crazy that they do not have a tea or coffee station, On some days you had to wait to be seated then wait again for hot beverages. They should change this policy. On our third night, I could not get bottle water anywhere which was included in the meal plan. The reason as i was told was that management removed it off the meal plan. You do this after people already paid for this !!! Then two days later the water appeared !! How about telling the guests,we ran out. I believe all the restaurants should be open every night,not if one is open the other closed. We had to eat the first 3 nights at the Italian Rest because we could not get a reservation any place else.I had a great time at the pool with the girls doing zumba, they made the pool fun. Yes, the pool edges need some work,I hope when the new hotel opens up ,Melia will do some cosmetic work. The male singer in the lobby was great, his voice was very enjoyable. We had room 968,great views,but the room did smell of smoke. I dont know if it was due to the construction crew who had been working in a associate door next to us or it was coming in from the air duct. My husband has asthma and at times he could not breathe.I notified guest relations before i left that we were celebrating our birthdays and anniversary and while I was there, they promised to send up strawberrys,cookies and a bottle of white wine.. We did get cookies,with a note with someone else s name on the card and never did see a bottle of wine. In the room,there was a coffee maker,but i had to keep calling or going into lobby to ask for creamers. This should be stocked everyday. Another thing, there is no booklet to tell you about the phone, how do you get the lobby, security, nothing,, I didnt like this one bit. They need to vacum the rooms everyday and the rugs out in the hall. This is not being done. I saw a cookie sit on the rug for 3 days on the 9th floor.. The day we were leaving, the rug was vacuumed.. I would go back,but i hope they do change some of their policys.

Hello Karenstribe,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our buffet and friendly associates.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We take your comments very seriously and we will use them to continue to improve our product and service. I hope we have the chance to welcome you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau Bahamas.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As young newlyweds my wife and I were suckers for the lower price and we stayed at the property for our honeymoon. The Melia claims a luxury resort experience and in fact is very underwhelming in its delivery of one.

I would liken our relationship with the Melia to one that someone might have with a semi absentee drug abusing parent. You know your mom or dad who always promises to make things right after messing up time and time again only to predictably show up slightly intoxicated and full of awkward, embarrassing and unwanted moments. You get your hopes up and they just keep letting you down with half fulfilled expectations and promises. In the end you just want them to go away and to stop being in your life! Melia was just like that.

All we wanted was a hot tub that was hot, food that was hot and delivered without hours of waiting, a room that the AC worked, a clean room with a phone that worked, the view we were promised, internet that worked, an unmoldy ice machine, chairs without holes, a check in time that was not over an hour the list goes on and on and on and on. Melia your empty promise to make things better just in the end made us want to run away from you YIKES!

Melia calling itself a luxury resort would be like Flavor Flav calling himself a prime time rapper and the world’s best dad. Maybe that was true years ago but today it just isn’t so. R.I.P. Melia Bahamas do us all a favor go to rehab, get some help but don’t keep being that disappointing relative no one wants to spend time with any more.

Dear SPF100SPF,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your Bahamas vacation. Please accept my apologies for the disappointments with your stay. We are continuously working to improve our product and service to ensure our guests receive the service they expect and deserve. I do hope you visit us again and give us an opportunity to regain your confidence in us.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great time,but i wish staff would smile a little and not ignore you.I am easy to please and usually tip $5 or more at breakfast,lunch,dinner, maids and for drinks but staff are experts at ignoring the guests, so i couldnt tip very often. Food was great.Staff should go to Mexico for training.

Dear Denis L,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach. I am glad you enjoyed our food however I do apologize for the disappointments with your stay. I will discuss your review with my team for discussion and improvement. I do hope you visit us again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a group of 18 mothers and teenage daughters and loved Melia! It was the perfect size resort and I have to say, the food was fantastic, far better than we expected with an all-inclusive! The staff was very courteous and helpful. Rates were extremely reasonable, especially if you join the Melia rewards program (It's free and was suggested by someone in reservations). Loved the restaurants and the lobby bar is fun either before or after dinner drink with some dancing. Will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: pool or ocean view rooms are best.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your mother daughter vacation.
I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and excited to know that you plan to return. We anticipate your return and cant wait to provide you with another enjoyable stay.

West Bay, null, Cayman Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The lobby area was open and welcoming. We were directed to our rooms within minutes of registering. The Hotel staff were very helpful especially Elaine, housekeeper who kept our room stocked with towels and kept clean. Dominick Noel, housekeeping made sure our every request was accommodated. Gary, at the poolside bar made the best Mojito's and kept them flowing. Needless to say we had a great time and would come back again.
Overall the only negative would be the bathrooms which need remodeling and updated.

Hello Manuel B,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with. I will be sure to share your comments with the associates mentioned as I am sure they will be happy to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Andrew Tilley,

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!