We visited this place on a day pass, coming from the cruise ship (so we only used the amenities and not the hotel rooms).
Check in was easy, but the staff at the desk was not friendly or smiling. They acted as if they didn't want us there, but we decided to stay anyhow.
It was a raining day (off and on) but we still made use of the pools. The pools were very nice with waterfalls, landscaping around them, grotto's, tunnels and caves. Very beautiful. However, every time we turned around the staff was yelling about walking or sitting at certain places around the pool area. We definitely felt "unwelcomed" when we were there with several glares from the staff. There was only a handful of people at the pool area because of the weather and we sat under an area by the pool with a roof. The staff stared at us like we were not supposed to be there, would whisper and then look back and stare. We were told not to walk on the rocks that is a walkway in the pool under the cave area, although we seen staff walking on it.
The HUGE hot tub located in front of the pool was about the only thing that we were able to use that day because of it being a little bit chilly. It was dirty and did have a lot of sand in it.
The grounds were under renovations and they have a huge wall dividing the pool area completely from the beach/ocean area. We did not hear them doing any work that day and they appeared to be busy painting the wall blue that they put up with some mural instead of working on what was behind the wall to get it done. In order to get out to the beach, you had to walk all the way down to the end of the furthest building and out. Then that was the only way in. It may be finished now, I'm not sure.
The pool at the end had several cleaning hoses in it and was unusable. The hot tub in that area was ice cold and unusable as well.
The grounds concrete sidewalks were in need of repair with a lot of it flaking and coming apart. I'm not sure if this is on their list of "things to repair" during the renovations.
The beach was nice and the sand was raked clear, however we couldn't use the beach because we were told the waves were too high to go out in the water that day. Not the fault of the resort of course.
There are conveniently located bathrooms by the pool and they were clean.
The day passes did not include any food or drinks and before going here, we were told they had a food stand to purchase meals. There were not any open the day we were there and finally had to leave in order to go eat. If we wanted soda's, we had to take the elevator back up to the 2nd/main floor and purchase it from a vending machine.
The place did have free wifi and it did reach out by the pools.
All in all, the place was beautiful and has a lot of potential. However, for the amount of money they charge for a day pass and not including any food or drinks and no way to get any, I'm not sure I would return again. The unfriendly staff and stares making us feel uncomfortable would also be another factor in not returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas