This hotel/resort was a waste of money, with the worst possible service. As a frequent traveller, I have never experienced such horrible service.
First of all, do not base yourself on their website description. It is false advertisements. The resort is nothing like the pictures on their website, especially not their outside pools. They claim to have heated pools, only one pool was open and it was FREEZING!! Their main pool was closed for renovations, although they had claimed their renovations would be over by December 16. (We were there on December 17 and were supposed to stay 5 days, we left the very next day). The jacuzzi was also very cold and very dirty.
The lady that greeted us at the reception when we first arrived appeared to be extremely annoyed by our questions, rolling her eyes and everything. We also asked about the 40$ resort fee, and was told that it was to pay the maid services, which is quite weird, since the fee we're already paying for the room doesn't even cover that.
When I booked my room, I was told it would be a classic island view. Well it wasn't. It looked out on some dirty sand, a wall, and a broken palm tree. It was room 119. Our room was also very cold, so we asked for extra blankets. It took them an hour and a half, and I had to call them 3 times. It was frustrating and annoying. The third time I called they said the person was in the elevator about to deliver our blankets. Half an hour later, our blankets arrived. It was around 8 p.m.
As for the food, we only tried out their buffet, which was really expensive with very little variety. The food in the buffet was also cold.
Overall, we had a terrible experience at this hotel. I definitely do not recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas