“I would rate it in the negative if I could DO NOT WASTE UR MONEY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Ottawa, Canada
“I would rate it in the negative if I could DO NOT WASTE UR MONEY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel/resort was a waste of money, with the worst possible service. As a frequent traveller, I have never experienced such horrible service.

First of all, do not base yourself on their website description. It is false advertisements. The resort is nothing like the pictures on their website, especially not their outside pools. They claim to have heated pools, only one pool was open and it was FREEZING!! Their main pool was closed for renovations, although they had claimed their renovations would be over by December 16. (We were there on December 17 and were supposed to stay 5 days, we left the very next day). The jacuzzi was also very cold and very dirty.

The lady that greeted us at the reception when we first arrived appeared to be extremely annoyed by our questions, rolling her eyes and everything. We also asked about the 40$ resort fee, and was told that it was to pay the maid services, which is quite weird, since the fee we're already paying for the room doesn't even cover that.

When I booked my room, I was told it would be a classic island view. Well it wasn't. It looked out on some dirty sand, a wall, and a broken palm tree. It was room 119. Our room was also very cold, so we asked for extra blankets. It took them an hour and a half, and I had to call them 3 times. It was frustrating and annoying. The third time I called they said the person was in the elevator about to deliver our blankets. Half an hour later, our blankets arrived. It was around 8 p.m.

As for the food, we only tried out their buffet, which was really expensive with very little variety. The food in the buffet was also cold.

Overall, we had a terrible experience at this hotel. I definitely do not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I he pools were freezing. The jacuzzi were even colder. Construction everywhere. The only redeeming grace was the water sports and staff on the beach. But the beach showers were brought Ken and they had no bar areas close by. Would not do this again unless the pool situation was resolved.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The first problem was that our room was not made by the time we would come back from the beach each day (around 4.30) and even when it did eventually get made, there were no fresh towels! On more than one occasion we had to call reception, and my partner even went to the front desk demanding towels at 6pm!! What sort of hotel Doesn't give you towels by that late in the evening??

Secondly the construction was soo loud and dirty and there were builders everywhere. Even laying on the beach wasn't relaxing because there were drills going off all day long! Parts of walls were randomly being pulled down to reveal the renovated areas which is disappointing to guests who leave.

The jacuzzi was ice cold the whole time we stayed, there were absolutely no activities to be done and the service was below average.

The all inclusive food package was very good though and the island itself and the views of the beach are incredible. But I guess that's props to the Bahamas, not Meliã.

We spent one day at the Atlantis doing a dolphin swim and could instantly see an improvement.

If we were notified of the construction prior there is no way I would have booked Meliã and I wouldn't recommend it

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Maple, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I were supposed to stay at Melia Nassau from December 11-14th BUT we checked out the next day. The construction noises were not that bad but it was the lack of activities, night life and I burnt myself on one of the food dishes...that did it for me. There aren't many adult type activities, no night club or disco, no movie theatre or entertainment. There was supposed to be a live band on the first night but they cancelled.

When I asked reception what to do there, they stated to we can visit downtown or go to Atlantis. So we went to Atlantis for the day and loved it. We booked the rest of our vacation to stay there instead and lost out on our money from our stay here.

When we returned to Melia Resort, we had lunch before checking out. I burnt my wrist/hand on the steam coming from one of the dishes. The heat was on too high and when I lifted the lid, the steam came out full force. Besides that, the buffet restaurants have tasty food and a great ambiance.

At this point I would not recommend this resort to anyone but hopefully after the renovations there will be for to do and more improvements made to the resort.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had such a great experience here the food was amazing from the buffet to the new restaurant's! The beach was beautiful! The staff was wonderful n the service was phenomenal. If you are lucky enough to make it you MUST go see Kimberley, Dicienzo, Jody-ann, Carl and just to let you know Kendall Sands is the man! We had a blast. The Heckels

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In my opinion, this does not qualify as a four star hotel, yet. It will be when the construction is done. But don't come here expecting four star anenities or four star treatment from staff. You will be disappointed. If you lower your expectations it might feel better. Currently I have found is no food or drinks available at the beach. Actually no food available even within view of the beach due to the 10 foot walls hiding the construction. I think the work in progress looks great. But I doubt it will be complete for several months or a year. If you stay here wait until the construction is complete. No wifi on the top floors. My food is awful. Pros - great beach. The place is very clean. Has big big potential. Price is competitive for the area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here one day before making our way to Atlantis. We were given a room with better than expected view. We found locker not working and had to call in to repair. Then we found it was extremely cold and they sent a technician who found it was broken. We were also told if we were cold just turn it off and thats the best you can do as there is no heating. My feeling was on our side of hallway was extremely cold as there were workers working right in front of our room and they kept it extremely cold in the hallway while other side of the hallway was warm. So even though AC was off in our room, extremely cold air was making it in our room from the hallway. The workers were working until midnight. As far as I could tell I did not see any security cameras on our floor and that also made us somewhat nervous with so many outside workers working on it. Also, we were charged $40 resort fee. Not sure for what. We were told that we would not be able to use non motorized vehicle due to choppy water. However, I would interior of room was satisfactory.

Room Tip: free wifi in the lobby