My husband and I were supposed to stay at Melia Nassau from December 11-14th BUT we checked out the next day. The construction noises were not that bad but it was the lack of activities, night life and I burnt myself on one of the food dishes...that did it for me. There aren't many adult type activities, no night club or disco, no movie theatre or entertainment. There was supposed to be a live band on the first night but they cancelled.
When I asked reception what to do there, they stated to we can visit downtown or go to Atlantis. So we went to Atlantis for the day and loved it. We booked the rest of our vacation to stay there instead and lost out on our money from our stay here.
When we returned to Melia Resort, we had lunch before checking out. I burnt my wrist/hand on the steam coming from one of the dishes. The heat was on too high and when I lifted the lid, the steam came out full force. Besides that, the buffet restaurants have tasty food and a great ambiance.
At this point I would not recommend this resort to anyone but hopefully after the renovations there will be for to do and more improvements made to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas