“Visited December 7-14, 2014” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Edmonton, Canada
“Visited December 7-14, 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my first solo trip to the Bahamas and will not be my last.
I stayed at the Melia Beach Resort on Cable Beach. Yes, a few areas of the resort are still under construction, however the only time I really noticed it was when I walked right beside it. There was very little to be finished on the four new restaurants, which was only being done during the day as all the restaurants are open at night. The main pool and swim up bar is closed, however for those of you who prefer a pool to the ocean, there are two more nice pools to choose from. (Personally I will never set foot in a swim up bar pool , yuck.. People seem to think other people don't notice they haven't left that pool for hours , a disease looking for a place to happen...good luck to those who enjoy the pea pools...) All in all the disruptions from the construction were extremely minimal.

The employees at the Melia are exceptional... As I mentioned this was a solo trip. From check in to check out, everyone was spectacular. When dinning or relaxing in the resort waiters and bartenders were very polite and focused on ensuring my stay was comfortable and all my needs were met. The beach service was never more then 10-15 minutes. Yes, some previous trip advisor reviews mentioned long waits, but really, 15 minutes.. ??? If you realized how far they had to go to get you a drink or food, you would stop your complaining.. They would come back before my last drink was finished and I would order another one. I didn't seem to be without a cold beverage for long.. All the employees at the Melia were very friendly and always seemed to have smiles on their faces.. They were very helpful in means of suggesting town venues to visit and transportation to get there. ( the local bus is a great means of transportation.. No worries about feeling unsafe)

My room was a bit worn but always clean and comfortable. The maids were friendly and made sure if you needed something it was taken care of quickly. No complaints there... Apparently they will all be redone eventually..

All in all I really enjoyed my stay at the Melia and will definitely return.. As a single person I felt very welcome and safe at the Melia.. Thank you all for the great experience..

Room Tip: I had an ocean view on the fourth floor. I really enjoyed it. I could see the ocean and watch the cr...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our stay at Melia was delightful. The three restaurants upstairs were fantastic, and the service was even better. We had two servers that particularly stood out - Benjamin at Nikkei, and Antonio at Black
Angus. The 15% gratuity hardly seemed enough for the stellar service these guys provided. They were both so
accommodating, outgoing, and professional....kudos
guys!! The only place that lacked (to me, anyway) was Estevida, the Tapas Lounge. The food is more so bar food than tapas. Both times we ate there we had slow and not super friendly service. I was so impressed overall with the staff, most everyone that we encountered went out of their way to offer suggestions and make sure we were comfortable and well taken care of. Rooms were very clean, as was the beach and property. The casino that everyone seems to complain about is not affiliated with the Melia,as far as I'm aware. It is part of the closed Wyndham resort that is housing the Baha Mar construction workers. If you do venture out of the resort for meals, be sure to try Oh Andros! It was FANTASTIC!!
Thank you Melia for a truly wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2014
Bearsden, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

When we last visited this hotel it was operated by a different hotel group. We rebooked this trip based on our previous experience, how wrong we were. First of all the greeting by reception staff was depressing, to be greeted by such miserable staff when you are on vacation !! Perhaps you may think this was just one individual but, sadly no, we had occasion to 'stop by' reception to ask about some matter or another and, unfortunately, different staff and just as miserable! Upon arrival we were given wrist bands to wear, well not really given but TOLD to wear. Apparently it was for security reasons so that staff would be aware that we were resident in hotel - utter nonsense !! It was due to the fact that we were resident on a room only basis. Having travelled worldwide I find this unacceptable having never been required to wear such ever before. Needless to say we did not wear bands for duration of our stay. We dined for a couple of nights in the hotel and, unfortunately, on both occasions experienced dreadful food, cold when it should be hot, buffet area had food on floor and surrounding area and was just not looked after as one would expect stateside and worldwide and just as bad service with unhappy staff. However, Colin, one of the restaurant managers was very helpful and rectified our complaint. We did, however, later speak to certain individuals who told us to dine elsewhere !!! Pool staff and kids club great and friendly. Housekeeping fantastic !!! I must add that neither of aforementioned were the 'certain individuals' Given this was a 'special occasion' return visit for us, we were very disappointed and I wished we had booked our usual Hilton group of hotels.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This resort was under extensive renovations when we were there. We booked All-Inclusive which is how we always travel. Should mention , this was our first visit to Nassau, but have been travelling the Caribbean for over 25 years.
Resort did not have a lot of choices of where to eat, however food was decent. Lots of construction noise, so spent most of our time on the beach. No night life to speak of. The pool bar was the place to be day or night. The room we stayed in appeared to have been recently renovated, however was much smaller then most other resorts we have stayed at. The resort over all is in need of updating and Reno for sure.
Would consider going back, only after they finish the renovations.

Room Tip: Higher room away from pool, as that is where most of the construction is happening.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Ok so my friends and I came to Nassau celebrating a birthday. Just a quick long weekend trip (Fri-Mon). So let's get to the review....

We arrived at 1..wasn't allowed to check in until 3. We were given wristbands that let staff know if we were all-inclusive or not (which we were not...totally not worth it but I'll get into that later). Since we couldn't check in, we hit the beach. Beach was BEAUTIFUL!!! The pool area is under construction, which made me sad because the swim up bar was not open. But there are two other pools and a hottub, which was Luke warm.

Beach wasn't crowded but expect to be harassed by people selling wraps, bracelets and coconut drinks. They were friendly though lol.

Rooms were clean, decent. Nothing really fancy. Lobby was nice. Lovely smell throughout the 1st floor. Resort is connected to a casino. Didn't gamble so I can't speak on that.

Food was mediocre. We didn't do all inclusive because we wanted to try some local restaurants and I'm glad we made that decision. It's $20 for a burger and chips. It was good but not worth $20. We also ate at the breakfast buffet. It was ok. Drinks were usually good. Especially at the lobby bar.

Now the good part...at the lobby bar we met a bartender named Kenwood. He was very friendly and took pride in his work. His drinks were delicious! He went out of his way on more than one occasion to make sure that we were having a great time in Nassau! Look him up if you travel to this resort. You won't be disappointed!!!

Would I return to this resort? I would if I got a good rate. The beach is so pretty and I'm interested in seeing the changes after renovations are completed.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Travelled to this resort (Sheraton when we went) in 2012 (April 18 - 25). I couldn't change the travel date back to 2012, but it's 2012 and not 2014.

The weather was amazing in April.

Wife and I went with our two daughters (4 years and about 6 months) and a stroller...it feels like another child sometimes.

The ride from the airport to the resort was maybe 30 minutes. Nice to take in the local scenery so you don't feel the travel time to the hotel. Arrived there and check in was simple. Ocean view room is a must.

Food was fine, nothing special - no complaints.

As soon as we arrived we changed and headed to the beach. It was clean and we enjoyed playing in the sand. The last day at the beach however was a bit weird. There were all these little jelly-fish like things near the shore and it didn't look safe to go in, so we didn't.

We did not book any excursions as we didn't want to risk having to pull back with the kids incase. BUT, we did go exploring. We took a local bus (two adults, school-age child, baby, stroller) and made it to the ferry doc. Took a ferry down to Paradise Island. We didn't stay there, but we did go for the day. We explored the hotel - very luxurious and classy...and we explored the Aquarium and the rest of the hotel grounds.

We had some snacks and headed back to the resort in the evening.

We also took another local bus trip to recommended fish fry spot to grab some conch. Again, highly recommended.

It was a very relaxing trip and it was great to go exploring a bit and experience local culture--I'm a big believer in getting to know your surroundings and live a little outside the "box"/resort.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Ocean - it's a must. The Sunrise and Sunsets are incredible!! Incredible!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vaughan, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just returned from trip to Bahamas,

1. Wifi not in rooms - and barely works near pool area.
2. Main pool and swim up bar is closed due to renovation- very noisey with construction workers walking through the lobby
3. Best part was the Starbucks in the lobby - lifesaver for morning coffees.
4. Beach is nice
5. Rooms are too far off the elevator having to walk back and forth a long way
6. Rooms could have provided more towels
7. Very expensive taxi rides, so would recommend taking the bus for a $1.25 a person.
8. Downtown Nassau - all jewerly stores - expensive - same pricing as US for souviners - could be cheaper - no one really negotiates down there either...
9. Resturants close at 10 pm in the city. Mc d's drive thru 24hrs
10. No parties on the hotel resort - nothing to do at night.
11. Casino is just slots - small...and boring , closes at 12 no bar or anything.

Room Tip: Get one close to elevator... the rooms are far walk
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Natasha D,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am disappointed to know that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our beautiful beach and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach,

Andrew Tilley,

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!