This was my first solo trip to the Bahamas and will not be my last.
I stayed at the Melia Beach Resort on Cable Beach. Yes, a few areas of the resort are still under construction, however the only time I really noticed it was when I walked right beside it. There was very little to be finished on the four new restaurants, which was only being done during the day as all the restaurants are open at night. The main pool and swim up bar is closed, however for those of you who prefer a pool to the ocean, there are two more nice pools to choose from. (Personally I will never set foot in a swim up bar pool , yuck.. People seem to think other people don't notice they haven't left that pool for hours , a disease looking for a place to happen...good luck to those who enjoy the pea pools...) All in all the disruptions from the construction were extremely minimal.
The employees at the Melia are exceptional... As I mentioned this was a solo trip. From check in to check out, everyone was spectacular. When dinning or relaxing in the resort waiters and bartenders were very polite and focused on ensuring my stay was comfortable and all my needs were met. The beach service was never more then 10-15 minutes. Yes, some previous trip advisor reviews mentioned long waits, but really, 15 minutes.. ??? If you realized how far they had to go to get you a drink or food, you would stop your complaining.. They would come back before my last drink was finished and I would order another one. I didn't seem to be without a cold beverage for long.. All the employees at the Melia were very friendly and always seemed to have smiles on their faces.. They were very helpful in means of suggesting town venues to visit and transportation to get there. ( the local bus is a great means of transportation.. No worries about feeling unsafe)
My room was a bit worn but always clean and comfortable. The maids were friendly and made sure if you needed something it was taken care of quickly. No complaints there... Apparently they will all be redone eventually..
All in all I really enjoyed my stay at the Melia and will definitely return.. As a single person I felt very welcome and safe at the Melia.. Thank you all for the great experience..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas