“Came here on our honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Special Offer
Up to 45% off
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
“Came here on our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The view from our room was absolutely amazing! The resort hosted great concerts every night and we would just go on our balcony and enjoy them. Staff was almost too helpful, the cleaned our room 2x per day, which got a little annoying, but otherwise we had a great time! A short walk away we were able to watch the sunset over the water, and the scooter rental was just up front.

Room Tip: Bring your own own shampoo, theirs smells bad.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Visited after the tourist season. Hotel looks a little worn in some areas, but they are renovating and updating large portions of it. My room was great - just like the advertisements. I didn't have any troubles except I disliked the low-flow showers that conserve water. Getting to and from the hotel was fine and so was getting to other areas on the local bus - everyone was helpful. I wish they had Wi-fi and if they did, I couldn't get a signal.

The only other thing was I didn't heed a reviewer's advice about eating at the hotel, which was pricey since I didn't want to get an all-inclusive deal. There just isn't anything in the way of food choices in walking distance. So I ended up spending more than I had planned. Otherwise, weather was great, rain showers short and it was a relaxing vacation.

If I go back to the Bahamas, I might try another hotel just to be closer to some attractions, but this one has it's own fairly large beach area (a big plus) so I might go back. Overall, I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dacula GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I went to the Melia for the sole purpose of relaxing on the beach from a Carnival Cruise. We did enjoy our day there thanks to beautiful weather!! The property seems dated. The property is also under construction so all the pools were not open for use. It cost $30.00 a person to use the facilities and the unmotorized sports activities including paddle boards and snorkel gear. We did take advantage of the snorkeling which was mediocre(go all the way out to the reefs to see any marine life). Drinks and food were expensive but the Burger was delicious! It was overall a nice day just a little pricey for laying on a beach!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and 2 kids In August and had a great time. The service, restaurants, and beach were amazing but our room and hotel in general are in needs of some updates. The beach on this property is one of the best in the Caribbean, so I'm really hoping they renovate this property so I can come back. The people in general are really friendly and the service both around the bar near the pool and restaurants was great.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello MaxLopez,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach! You will be happy to know that we are currently renovating our resort and anticipate being completed in December of this year! Our renovations include the upgrade of our lobby, pool area, and the addition of three new restaurants! We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our upgrades.

Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

They make you feel like home.Enid miss her already! wonderful person will never forget you,cause you made our stay even better.Jamal,Cornelius, Natasha,Pricola & Donald Many thanks for the excellent service. Jadena such a sweet person always there to chat with us. Beach is WOW! food delicious! room very clean. The person at the room service dont remember her name, but she was so nice. We had all inclusive package wich I suggest is better cause it's expensive. One little thing, the staff at the bar,not always there with a smile, except for Calan & Frederick. The Junkanoo Night wow will never forget. Our week was like a dream and we will return to the Melia for sure, very soon. Many many thanks for all the person we noted here, for making our stay: fantastic! you Bahamian people are the best! Love Luisa & Daniel

Room Tip: 7th floor premium room ocean view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Luisa D,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for sharing your experience with us.
I am so glad you enjoyed our friendly associates, beautiful beach, and delicious food. We look forward to welcoming you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

incredible staff....Georgio and Jacob made our stay incredible...treated as VIPs from day one....will return next year for spring break...bartenders were awesome making everyday a great party...food was great...and staff was flawless...perfect spot in the Bahamas...

• Stayed October 2014
Hello CindyDrastal,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to return! We look forward to welcoming you back next year for another awesome vacation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My twin sister and i went on a special holiday together and it was the first time i had holidayed outside EU. After we booked and paid for hol we found out that there was extensive renovations taking place, after telephoning the hotel from UK we were reassured that everthing would be ok. On arrival the first thing we heard was drilling, and a sign saying the "Sound of Progress". Discussing it in Reception we met Pamela a very helpful person,again we were reassured the work would not effect our stay. Pamela kept checking with us to make sure we were ok. Well what can I stay fab holiday, thanks to the staff, they are were great especially dancing Mo (little Mo),lakandra (Rappunzal) they deserve a special mention as they were exceptional and also Carisma, Carolyn, Myrtis, Colin were fabulous, they made our holiday and were as bright as the sunshine we had. The only negative was that due to the work being carried out we did not experience the full service of the resort and also saw quite a few workman wandering about the place and a little noise occassionally. This did not stop our enjoyment as the staff certainly help forget this they went out of their way, were kind thoughtful and I wish I could bottle their enthusiasm and bring it home to give some of the Uk CustomerService people a drop they could learn a lot. Overall if the work had been finished and full services had been on offer it certainly would have been my holiday of a lifetime, and would have been a five- hope this information is seen by their management,also whilst not a part of hotel service our thanks goes to Captain Godfrey for our great boat ride, very special

Stayed October 2014
Hello Lesley W,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to share your praises with the associates you have mentioned. Our associates work so hard to ensure our guests receive the passion for service that we stand by. I hope you visit us again upon the completion of our renovations so that you have the opportunity to enjoy the resort and its upgrades. Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach!

Andrew Tilley,

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!