We booked a late deal through BA and I was quite nervous as to what to expect given the mixed reviews. However, we had an amazing holiday, the hotel staff are lovely in the main(some reception staff are a bit jobsworth) but we were lucky enough to speak with a wonderful receptionist, sorry we didn't get her name she was tall and lovely, she provided us with a fridge and a kettle free of charge for our baby's fresh milk and bottle warming. A complete lifesaver!
The room was lovely and clean, we had plenty of towels and thanks to the wonderful housekeeping we were given extra water daily for our baby (after arguing with another receptionist who just kept saying the standard is 2 bottles per room).
We went on 9 Sept14 and it wasn't busy which was great. Despite previous reviews saying there was nowhere to eat nearby, god knows where they were looking! We turned right when came out of hotel and there is a lovely Thai restaurant, then a leisurely 15min stroll, this is the Bahamas folks!, you come across everything from Greek to Italian, loads of little eateries and a fabulous deli for dome fantastic lunch. You can also get the bus for $1.25. Then there is the large food store, supermarket really, where we stocked up on day to day things. I forgot my contact lens cleaner and they even had some of that! No need to go AI unless you are big drinkers as half pint if beer is $8! at hotel. Then it might be worthwhile. Go to fish fry o'Andros is a must, so reasonably priced and if you go early enough you can catch a bus back about 7pm for $1.25! Or a taxi for $15 if later.
Bahamians are so friendly and family orientated.
Pop over the road and buy your souvenirs from Cecelia a lovely lady who won't rip you off.
Biggest thanks to the Sottish ladies Mary & Jean from Oban who really saved our last day by letting us use their shower. And thanks to their brother Robert for the towels from his room. Checkout was at 11am but our flight was not until 10.30 pm and the hotel was going to charge $20 AN HOUR for late checkout, meaning we would have to pay $180 (an extra night was $200!!!) these wonderful,kind and generous people, without hesitation, offered us a solution meaning we could still enjoy our last day by the beach and be cleaned up fresh for our flight. We can't thank you enough and baby Milo thanks you too!
We were not charged any resort fee, in fact it was never mentioned to us.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas