“Run Down - Staff very unhelpful” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Houston, Texas
“Run Down - Staff very unhelpful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel used to be called the Sheraton Hotel. This is a very poorly maintained hotel that had pretty much nothing to offer except a room and a beach. No room WIFI. We had to go down to the hotel lobby to login to the WIFI and there was no where to sit while using it. The hotel staff was not very helpful. They did not want you leaving the hotel, so they never would tell you what was around the hotel. We ended up asking cab drivers and they were extremely helpful. One of the cab drivers told us that the Meila is the worst hotel on the island because it is very poorly managed. I would never go back to their hotel. The locals suggested other hotels that were much better and cheaper. Next time we will be staying somewhere else.

Also we were awoken by renovation work at 7am. If we had known they were going to be renovating while we were staying there we would have definitely stayed somewhere else.

942 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at Melia Nassau in August and I have to say, it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. From the rooms to the beach, everything is so well kept and gorgeous. And the service was great! Everyone I met with a Melia name tag was so friendly and welcoming. The best part though (besides the yummy conch salad, friendly bar staff, and delicious drinks) was the entertainment. The piano guy is awesome and while I was there, they had a Caribbean night BBQ with a Junkanoo parade. I had never seen anything like it before and it was a blast! The food was so tasty- that Mac-n-cheese was to DIE for- the decorations were beautiful (I want those tables!) and the people in the parade looked amazing. They were so friendly with everyone. I am hoping to come back as often as possible! They are going through a renovation now and I can't wait to see the final product. The renderings they showed in the lobby looked incredible!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Beautiful surroundings. Clean comfortable rooms. All beach views. Helpful friendly staff. And very affordable.
Left my iPod behind by mistake and maid secured it. Easy friendly process getting it back. Thank you Amelia staff!

Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Melia surpassed my expectations. The reviews made me a bit apprehensive, but everything was great. At check in my husband asked for a room near the elevator ( thanks to tripadvisor and all the people that reviewed it). We ended up with a room right next to the elevator on the 5th floor, and we were pleasantly surprised to discover our room had wifi (even the staff was surprised when we were talking about it in the lobby one day). We enjoyed the beach (loved the kayaks and brought our own snorkel gear - my husband said the snorkeling was better at the hotel then the snorkel trip through Stuart Cove). The pools, the bars, the restaurants, and the adjacent casino which you can get to without leaving the building were all great. The drinks at the bar were great and my husband asked for the best rum which was part of our all inclusive. The buffet was ok. I enjoyed the pasta bar. The Aqua was very good. We tried almost everything but loved the steak and lamb). The salads and desserts were good too. Definitely glad we did all inclusive. The waiters were fabulous Charlie, Hubert, oh I wish I could remember all their names because they were all great. Even the host and busboy. Matter of fact every one I met in the Bahamas was nice. Went to town on the bus which is easy, but if you are just buying souvenirs you could walk across the street and get most of the same stuff. Beware that the dresses and scarves sold on the beach sell for much less in town so talk them down in price. Room was a good size with a nice view of pool and beach. I loved watching the cruise ships come and go everyday. Philip with 11 kids was a great bartender. Martha and Sherilyn were wonderful in the buffet. Marilyn was a great housekeeper. Watch your towels in you room. The first day the housekeeping took our towels and didn't replace them but my husband found housecleaning in the hall and got extras without any problem. I wouldn't definitely recommend the Melia if you are looking to just sit back and relax with some drinks and a great restaurant. (Aqua).

Room Tip: Near the elevator or you might end up with a long walk.
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I visited this hotel in July when it was going through some sort of remodeling. There is a big competitor opening next year just in front of the street so Melia is supposedly upgrading the hotel. We could have lived with this inconvenient but what really made our stay somehow unpleasant was the extremely rude attitude of the staff at all levels of services, from waitresses to front desk managers. A year ago we went to Dreams in Punta Cana and the level of service was totally different. I will likely not visit this place again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a beautiful time, all inclusive trip, food was delicious at all restaurants on site, most of staff Was very friendly. Beautiful pool...great entertainment. ..would go back again. And refer other couples there

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a wonderful full 8 days at the Melia. Property is clean, beautiful beach and choice of pools. Starbucks on the property. Go to Fish fry for local fish meals. I loved the grilled spicy grouper at Oh Andros!!! It was recommended by the locals. Took the bus into Nassau or around the area for $1.25 each way. Try to avoid cabs if possible. Went to paradise island to Atlantis aquaventure and one day there was enough!!! Couldn't wait to get back to Melia!!!! If you are looking to relax, Melia is the place. Enjoy!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!