I will start with what God has given the Bahamas--beautiful, unforgettable beaches and fantastic sea. You can spend hours walking along the beach or swimming, or snorkeling and it will never be enough. The hotel feels like a 3-star hotel but it has a 5-star location!
Some of the things we appreciated:
1. All areas around the hotel and the beach are beautifully maintained.
2. Good live entertainment (except for the karaoke night which was a disaster).
3. Handy Starbucks on the 2nd floor
4. Good (free) wireless connection everywhere
5. The hotel offers free beach towels, a couple of paddle boards and kayaks but the boards and kayaks are kind of laughable.
6. You can eat either in the hotel restaurants or outside (take the street in the direction to the airport) but there's no nightlife nearby.
Some of the things we disliked (not necessarily related to the hotel):
1. For no reason, your room may NOT be cleaned every day which also means you'll not get clean towels, water and coffee refills. We stayed 7 nights in the hotel and our room was cleaned only 3 times. Disappointing.
2. There is an obligatory 15% charge (they call it a "tip" for some reason) even when you buy yourself a pizza or ice-cream. I've got to say, though, that few people actually deserved to be "tipped" which made the "tip" charge frustrating. That's an unfortunate and totally demotivating country policy because it encouraged bad and reluctant service.
3. Do NOT take any snorkeling tours offered by nearby vendors because you will NOT see anything interesting where they take you. Not even a dolphin. They will promise you rainbows and unicorns but you'll get nothing. We made the mistake of buying a trip and all we saw were a couple of underwater cables.
Other than this, if you go to the Bahamas for the weather and the beach, you'll love it! If you expect good service, set your bar low.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas