I had learned the hard way and although the prices and online photo's look great upon arrival on Aug 26th for a four night stay here I was very disappointed. This hotel is under arenovation where the focus apears to be more on that project then guests. The smell of fresh paint is everywhere, to go along with the mess that accompanies that. They actually checked me into a room that was being painted. I had to walk back down to the lobby eight floors for a new room that was not much better. In both rooms the furniture was worn and dated. The kids were complaining their was no wi-fi ..And how can you have a room in the sub tropics without a refrigertor or ceiling fan, to go along with an ice bucket the size of a shot glass. In addition, I did not find the staff accomodating or that focused on guests . For example, I should not have to argue for an extra towel at poolside. This lack of service is common throughout the place.. My dinner I almost gave up waiting for it took that long.
Luckily, after one night I had enough and moved onto another hotel for my last three nights. At the other hotel I was amazed most of all at the difference of the positive friendly attitude of thr staff, along with the service i received. The other hotel had refrigerators, free wi fi, ceiling fans and was very clean.. All for less cost then the Melia.. I found their are much better choices available in the Bahamas. Yes don't book here. I saved the families vacation by going elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas