“The smell of fresh paint and no Wi-Fi - Don't Book Here!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Clifton, New Jersey
“The smell of fresh paint and no Wi-Fi - Don't Book Here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had learned the hard way and although the prices and online photo's look great upon arrival on Aug 26th for a four night stay here I was very disappointed. This hotel is under arenovation where the focus apears to be more on that project then guests. The smell of fresh paint is everywhere, to go along with the mess that accompanies that. They actually checked me into a room that was being painted. I had to walk back down to the lobby eight floors for a new room that was not much better. In both rooms the furniture was worn and dated. The kids were complaining their was no wi-fi ..And how can you have a room in the sub tropics without a refrigertor or ceiling fan, to go along with an ice bucket the size of a shot glass. In addition, I did not find the staff accomodating or that focused on guests . For example, I should not have to argue for an extra towel at poolside. This lack of service is common throughout the place.. My dinner I almost gave up waiting for it took that long.

Luckily, after one night I had enough and moved onto another hotel for my last three nights. At the other hotel I was amazed most of all at the difference of the positive friendly attitude of thr staff, along with the service i received. The other hotel had refrigerators, free wi fi, ceiling fans and was very clean.. All for less cost then the Melia.. I found their are much better choices available in the Bahamas. Yes don't book here. I saved the families vacation by going elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Landeck, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Hotel was really perfect. We booked a room with Island view because it was cheaper. But to our surprise we got a room with pool and sea view. The beach and the sea is wonderful. We snorkeled every day and saw many colourful fishes near the stones. The stuff is really nice and helpful. Especially Tamara in the Market Place welcomed us every day really nice.
The Wifi was really good in our room.
The meal was fantastic and everything was for free with all inclusive, also Cocktails. Every tuesday and thursday there is a Barbecue night at the pool with special shows. The stuff also served us at the beach.
It was a wonderful and unforgettable Holiday for us!

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have just returned from a 5night stay at the hotel,with my family. I had read the reviews and found them helpful and a little apprehensive about what I would find. Overall the hotel is 3 star I would say. We had no problem with check in and it was brief and smooth. Rooms were lovely and clean with new furniture and fittings. One of our rooms only had a doulbe bed which was not suitable for our two daughters to share. But before I we could ring and tell reception one of the customer service employees knocked on our door and sorted it out spoor us, excellent!

The beach amazing here!!! Clear blue water and white sand. Only problem is the sunbeds are old and very uncomfortable when you have come for a relaxing break. Also not really enough umbrellas

We were staying all inclusive. Having read the reviews and seen that people had complained that things I were expensive I would agree that this really is the only option. There are no cooking facilities in the room or even a fridge to enable you to self cater , food very expensive on the resort .
Food was okay, I found it not very good but being realistic it is hard to cater for this amount of people. The aqua restaurant was limited and on the second night it was hard to choose something as menu stays the same. It would have cost over 300dollars for the four of us which is very expensive and the quality did not match the price tag.

Drinks were okay. Frozen sorbet and alcohol on top was the sum total of the cocktails. I really wanted a nice chilled quality cocktail. But again it's great value for money I the Bahamas.

Staff were a little lacking in customer service skills. Having just come form the ritz Carlton I suggest that the Melia could learn something from them.

Frederick the manager was very helpful when we had a problem and sorted it out. You just have to be persistent.

Overall this will be a great place to stay when the work has been completed on its adjoining hotel . If you want value for money in the Bahamas ,and this is hard to find ,,,, this is a good choice.

A good tip Atlantis is a ten minute cab away . We wanted to just see the aquarium which cost 40 dollars a person during the day. We went for dinner there one evening and entrance is free!!! Good choice when everything is so expensive.

Dominos ....deliver to the hotel if you are self catering,

Room Tip: All inclusive is the most cost effective way as food and drinks are expensive
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This review is a little late as we stayed there the first week of August but better late then never. First of all check your sheets when you arrive and make sure they have been changed, I read other people's reviews and they said to check your sheets on arrival so when we did there were men's hairs in our bed and lipstick marks..beyond gross. The only time we had towels was the first day we arrived because they were already I our room, we would call 3 times a day and finally get them around 8pm..not even a face cloth would be left. We are not picky so we didn't care that the carpet in the room was stained and unravelling, lampshades are dirty and bed frame scratched and worn.
The beach is beautiful and the pool area is run down but fun and the people working the pool bar are awesome! We went with all inclusive so price was good. Food is good also, we ate at buffet mostly, we made reservations for Aqua and I put on a dress for a romantic dinner but when we got there people were there in their beach wear so they don't take the restaurant seriously..buffet has better food. My husband and I were there for 5 days and 4 nights on a romantic getaway and we had a wonderful time enjoying the beach, bar, daq shack, downtown senior frogs and boat tour. The hotel was just a place to sleep and I didn't want to loose a day of our short vacation to look for somewhere else so we made the best of it. We travel a lot and we have stayed at the RIU on paradise island which was much better run hotel. It's up to you if you want to go here but this is the truth and the first time I have given a hotel a bad review. We don't waste time on petty things to complain about but clean sheets and towels are basics even for a motel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Check in was very smooth and not much wait time. We arrived around 2:30 and got our room right away. Rm 132 was close to the pool and beach-great room! Our room was always done and they also came in the evening for the turn down service to leave fresh towels. Because we were in the Kids & co room, room service came by to give the kids nice snacks(cookies/popcorn) in the evening. It was a nice treat! The Aqua restaurant was ok and very expensive. There was no A/C there but a fan blowing at our table. The buffets for breakfast(great fresh smoothies) and dinner was decent and my kids love the pasta and so did I. The servers were very friendly and there to help you. The best part was the pool/beach nearby. The kids loved it and could stay there all day. Talking to one of the lifeguard, Latisha?, very nice and she mentioned the outdoor pools will be in renovation soon. It does need some cleaning up in a few places but still nice. I'm sure by next year, the place will be much better to come back to once the renovations are done. We didn't see much workers or construction noise as mentioned in other reviews. Overall the service was good and everyone was friendly. We took the Jitney($5 for 4 of us) down to the Fry Fish area and ate at Goldie's(highly recommend) and ask for Patrick. Love the grilled conch dish! We used Cheryl's taxi for arrival/departure from the airport. Great service/price! I emailed her to confirm our arrival and they were there with a sign. My husband got sick and Nick from Cheryl's taxi drove us downtown to the walk in clinic before it closed and stayed with us till we were finished. They do tours as well but we had to cancel our tour with them. We went on the dolphin encounter at the Blue Lagoon and had a great time, an experience to remember. There's lots to do here if you have the time/money. All and all, we enjoyed our trip to the Bahamas and will come back there again.

Room Tip: Kids & co rooms are on the 1st level near the pool and beach. Very convenient for families with...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My girlfriend and I went to Nassau to celebrate, among other things, our 1 year anniversary. The Melia Nassau Beach Resort was a great choice.The hotel is very clean with nice rooms. It is in a great location with a beautiful beach and great ocean views. The awesome staff is the subject of a memorable story. The morning after the first night of our stay, I was awakened by a phone call. Security called to say that my wallet was found on the beach (I had not yet realized my wallet was missing)! On my way to the lobby, I felt blessed that my wallet was found, but I prepared myself to deal with the loss of all the cash I brought. The wallet was returned with not a dollar missing! The staff's hard work in maintaining the hotel led to my wallet being found and I will be forever thankful. I am especially thankful to Trevor and Deon (two very cool guys) who were personally responsible for finding and returning my wallet. I am glad I got a chance to meet and personally thank them! I recommend this resort for a great, relaxing, Bahamian vacation.

Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

long lines at peck time of check in, expensive meals if you do not purchase the all inclusive package, purchase online and read the fine print, 40 dollar a day resort fee added to online purchases at time of departure. This resort is in a very nice and safe location in the Bahamas.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!