“Not bad..good location and staff but managment can learn a few things” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Toronto, Canada
“Not bad..good location and staff but managment can learn a few things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel has a few things that can be annoying, like long line ups to check in but one VERY annoying thing before I go on is that check out is 11 or 12 and sometimes one's flight is late at night and they provide NO SHOWERS!!! Now I have traveled quite extensively throughout the world and I am no DIVA, however, at a resort on the beach, with sand, sunscreen, and salt water to have no way to wash this off and be told that one can 'freshen' up in the restroom is quite absurd. If this is not problem, then as you were. The beach is right there..no need for golf carts or a long walk. The staff is super friendly and amazing. For example the housekeeping staff is phenomenal. Anything you needed was there for you. Whomever is in charge of housekeeping is doing a great job! Also service on the beach. I met a young man named Anson (Johnson) I believe was his last name, great service with a smile and very friendly. The Bahamas is an incredible country and place to visit. I would go back to this hotel, provided I can get late check out.

Room Tip: ocean view is gorgeous!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Let's make it clear - the Melia is not the Atlantis. To compare them would be as reasonable as comparing apples and oranges. The Melia is a solid 4 star hotel, but it is not a 5 star, all glitz/glamor Ritz Carlton-y style resort. That being said, the Melia is an amazing deal for the money, offers solid amenities and has an incredibly accommodating, friendly staff. My boyfriend and I stayed there in early July 2014 under the all inclusive plan.

The beach area is beautiful. They really do have a great stretch of beach that offers snorkeling opportunities and space to just swim around. We never had a problem finding a pool or beach chair, and the staff worked hard to keep the areas as trash free as possible. There are multiple pools, and we never felt crowded by too many other guests.

All inclusive is the only way to go - it's a phenomenal deal for the delicious food and drinks offered. The buffet was the best, so many different food offerings that change nightly, so you're not getting worn out on the exact same items. The bartenders stay busy, so don't expect snap your fingers immediate service, but they still work hard to get you your drinks quickly, and they taste delicious.

The rooms are not incredibly fancy, but they were nicely decorated and cleanly maintained. We also had a great view of the whole pool area and part of the beach, which made it even better.

The keyboardist/singer who plays in the main lobby bar in the evenings rocks - I can't remember his name, but he is so talented, and is worth stopping in to listen to.

All in all, we could not have asked for a better vacation that came out to less than $800 a person for airfare, food, drinks, and lodging for 5 days, 4 nights.

Thanks, Melia, and we hope to stay with you guys in the future!

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor - better views!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Melia Nassau has alot going for them. For a resort that has recently changed hands and is in the process of updating we had a great time. Below i have commented on each section of the resort.

Service: The customer service we received was great in all the restaurants, bars, and beach areas. The beach waitress' were prompt and made sure who had more than you needed. The bar staff was alittle slow, but we didn't have a problem ordering two drinks at a time. The front desk agents looked alittle overwhelmed and clearly needed more training. We only had to visit them twice during our stay so it was not too bad.

Food: Some good meals and some bad, but overall is was good food. For breakfast we ate at the buffet everyday. They had the typical breakfast assortment including a made to order egg/omelette station. For lunch we ate on the beach everyday. The lunch menu had quite a few options on it and was really good for prepared food. As for dinner we ate at the Italian restaurant twice, which was extremely good. We also ate at the buffet for dinner once, which was a decent buffet as we are not buffet goers. The other two nights they had BBQ's at the pool. It was a nice surprise to have the BBQ at the pool and the food was good, lots of options at the BBQ.

Room: Nothing to rave about at all. The balcony was awesome and had a great views of both the pools and the beach. The resort is being re-done so I would assume the rooms would be upgraded. We did not spend alot of time in our room so it was not a problem with us. If you go there expecting the rooms to be extravagant I could see some disappointment.

Beach/Pool: WOW!!WOW!!WOW!! The water and the beach were just amazing. This resort has an excellent beach location. They offer free paddle boards, snorkels, and kayaks. There were some local's selling t-shirts and bracelets, but they did not walk the beach or bother you. They had two volleyball courts which were in great condition, we played everyday. The beach was raked everyday as well so it was nice and clean. They have four very large pools, one of which has a swim up bar. All pools were clean, but needed a little work.

Overall this was a great trip and we had great weather. I would be inclined to return to see what Melia has done to make this an even better resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room, great views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Firstly, the check in is understaffed so anytime I needed something from the front desk I waited exponentially longer than necessary. Even if I had a question I waited excessively. Secondly, My room phone went out on the first second night of my trip and I had no phone access. This was really problematic because I had other friends that I could not contact from the room. On my first night I lost my cell phone and I had calls to the room. Unfortunately, my fiends did not leave a number. The hotel had no way for me to see the numbers I had called earlier or to tell me the numbers of the people that had call me therefore I was stuck for the night. The hotel had no business center so I could not even access a computer to contact my friends via the web. On a happier note. The restaurant was really good. The people were really nice. More of a management issue seemingly than an execution issue by the staff. Had an ocean view which was nice. Notwithstanding the good aspects of the hotel, some of the things I mentioned really dampened my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Johnstown, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great stay! Food was fantastic, drinks were great, hotel was very clean and staff was friendly. The only downside (and it wasn't even a big deal) was that there were some inside renovations happening)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was a disappointment, primarily because it is evident that there is a failure of leadership and management. First, several days before our arrival I tried to contact the hotel at the 2 email addresses given on the hotel website, with particular questions. I never got a response from either address. This was not a good sign of things to come.
Showing up, there was a RIDICULOUS line to check into the hotel. I am a frequent traveler but I had never seen anything like this at all. After waiting a few mintes and the line not moving at all, I decided to start to time the process. Though they had 6 front desk stations, only 2 were active. It took 13 1/2 minutes to check a guest in, using an antiquated process that generated a lot of paper. From entering the line until reaching an attendant took us quite literally, 1.5 hours!
This hotel charges a "resort fee" which is a stupid, and in my opinion, unethical gimmick to advertise artificially low rates, but really charge you significantly more. Our "resort fee" was $200.
We had to wear a silly bracelet that didn't seem to serve any purpose. We weren't on the all-inclusive plan, so all it did was annoy us, especially when trying to sleep.
The bathtub drain was broken
Seriously Peeling paint in the bathroom
Swimming pools were dirty, full of floating debris
The room phone cut off for periods, losing power
There was a short electricity blackout during our stay
Housekeeping was inconsistent. Sometimes they left bottled water, other times they didn't. Sometimes they left 4 coffee creamers, other times they left one. I had to go to the front desk (a LONG hike) to get the water they should have left because they claimed they had nobody to bring it to me (lame excuse).
I had to leave a note for housekeeping because they only left 1 set of washcloths and hand towels the first night, even though we were booked for two.
While wifi worked ok for me, my date's smartphone could not connect at all, anywhere in the hotel, but if I used my phone or laptop to set up an access point, she was able to, so this tells me there is something odd about the configuration of the hotel's wifi.
Sometimes dirty water came out of the faucets, sometimes clean.
There was a significant seagull and fly problem at the outdoor restaurant. I know that some nature is to be expected, but nowhere else on the island where we dined al fresco did we experience this issue. There is something particular to this property. The fans in the outdoor restaurant were broken too, so that probably added to the issue.
Room service prices: $18 for eggs, toast, juice
Our room, #578 needed serious maintenance. Peeling paint, broken fixtures, etc.

On the good side:
Staff was friendly
Restaurant prices were not too awful (unlike room service!)
Lots of swimming pools
This has the potential to be a really nice facility. The design and location are attractive
Free parking (I think, at least I didn't get towed!)
In our party of 4, we had to stay at different hotels (2 each) and nobody hassled the other two when they spent the day with us in the Melia facilities. I was worried about this, but it was not a problem.
WiFi worked ok for me, and they had an ethernet cable in the room.
There was a decent view of the pool area, some of the coastline, and Atlantis off in the distance.
There is a grocery store in walking distance

Room Tip: Some rooms, like ours, are very far from the single bank of elevators. This didn't bother me too...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Front desk is very slow (1 hour for check in) and not competent (our room was occupied when we arrived, they give us a second one, but the key was not working). We also wait 30 minutes to have towels in our room...
No wifi in the room (there were plenty of customers sitting on the floor in the front desk to be able to go internet...)
Beach and swimming pool are dirty (platic cups everywhere)
Restaurant very basic

What a bad experience !
I'm travelling in about 30 hotels every year, this is the worst ever !

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!