“Not what it appears to be” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Nassau
London, United Kingdom
“Not what it appears to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Definately not a 4 star hotel. Quite overpriced. Hidden charges. Not for a romantic holiday too noisy. Service was terrible. Staff are rude and don't seem to want to be there. No fridge in the rooms .

763 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Needs updating, bed uncomfortable, no internet in room, nice people, good location. There weren't enough towels. Every night we had to request towels. The room attendants were nice and efficient. Not enough shaded seating in pool area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice hotel staff is very friendly and helpful rooms are clean, hotel is right in the beach kayaking and paddle boarding is free. Not far from downtown nassau or paradise island. When on the island you will save a lot of money if u catch the bus instead of a taxi. Had an issue with the phone in the room was never fixedother than that everything was great

1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Where do I begin..? Our family rarely rely on reviews to choose a place to stay because we find that some are exaggerated BUT not this time. The beach is the ONLY good thing about this place. Our family of 11 recently experienced our worst experience at hotels while staying here.

• The check IN/OUT process is verrrrry slow so be prepared to wait in a cramped lobby due to the ongoing renovations.

• Broken AC in our rooms and absolutely no AC in the hallways.

• The pools are absolutely disgusting. The walls of the pools are brown and green with mildew. We had to keep the kids in the beach beacuse of how disgusting the pools were.

•We never had enough towels in the rooms for the number of people in the rooms and had to ask for them DAILY as well as other things like toilet paper.

•The buffet sitting situation is also horrible. The wait was very long and We rarely got to sit together as a family while eating because most of the tables were reserved all day long for large parties who we never saw sit down. In addition, some of my family members found hair in their food on more than one ocassion. GROSS

• Absolutely nothing to do at night except the casino. I was celebrating my birthday while there and found nothing to do the night of since there is no nightly entertainment or nightclub on location.

• Very rude staff. While walking through the lobby one night, my sister in law took a bag of chips from the midnight snack bar which was part of the all inclusive deal when the attendant grabbed it out of her hand and demanded she pay for it. When she realized we had the all inclusive bracelets she said we could not take a bag of chips alone without also taking a sandwich because everything was counted.
Also, while walking around the "resort", my sister walked into an ice cream shop to ask for a spoon to feed my nephews some yogurt, she was asked to pay 25 cents for a PLASTIC spoon. Just ridiculous.

• Power outages. The power went out while my father was in the elevator and left him trapped until he had to force the doors open to escape.

The list is endless. We were very unhappy and don't even think we will be returning to Nassau. We do NOT recommend this resort to anyone. Perhaps not until they finish the renovations and completely replace the hotel staff.

Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I came here thinking the negative reviews couldn't be that bad. But...they are. And I've tried to keep an open mind, really I have. I'm here now and I just can't wait to write this until I get home. If you arrive before 3pm be prepared to wait for a clean room. At check in they don't have maps of the property so you'll spend your first day wandering around the tiny hallways wondering where things are. The rooms are filthy, the dining areas are filthy, the pool area is in bad need of repair, the chairs are falling apart and the towels are shabby. I have an oceanview room on the 9th floor that I paid an extra $40 per night for and I can't imagine what the lowest tier room looks like. Wifi only exists in certain spots in the lobby. Want to use your phone during breakfast or outside by the pool (both near the lobby), nope you can't. There are construction sounds everywhere. Jackhammering started near our room at 8:30am and didn't end until after 5pm. They have whole sections of this place blocked off. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2014
Bordentown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My 5 month pregnant daughter and I went for my 60th birthday from July 17-21, 2014. After reading some of these bad reviews , we couldn't believe how false they were. We checked in at 1:30 with no one in line, had our bands on for the all inclusive, dropped off our suitcases in our room and went to the buffet to eat. Food was really good with a variety to suit everyone's taste. We went to the Aqua three nights and tried almost everything on the menu between both of us. Food was outstanding and the servers were awesome, especially Kendrick's. The beach was beautiful and the pools were clean and refreshing. The evening entertainment at the lobby bar kept everyone up and dancing and the food there was also good. We checked out the night before we had to leave, was still able to stay in our room that night and the next morning was able to have breakfast with no problem. We then had our wrist bands snipped off with no wait and left. The only con was WiFi was only in lobby and it could have been more cooler in our room. All in all, it was a great birthday gift and we both loved it.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor close to elevators. Stairs took us out to pools.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed at this hotel when it was the Radisson and Sheraton and enjoyed my stays. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same now that it is the Melia. Check-In was the most chaotic experience I've ever had. It took over an hour just to check-in to be told the room would not be ready for another hour. Came back and waited in line again for 40 minutes just to get keys to the room. Bathroom near the lobby had a horrific smell and was not clean. Desperately needs to be renovated. Room was clean but had a strong musty odor. I was not feeling well and inquired about a late check out or possibly booking another night and was told to speak to the manager the next morning. At 8am the next day, the manager claimed that the hotel was booked solid and there were no rooms available and I would have to be out by the 11am check out time even after explaining that I was ill. My flight was not until 7pm that evening so I asked if there was at least a courtesy room or a bathroom with showers to be able to freshen up and change before my flight and was told no. I also was told that I should have made provisions when I originally booked. No compassion - No customer service - especially for the fact that I was ill. After being told this, I went online to their website and guess what? Rooms were available to book! I chose not to stay at the Melia and went to another hotel. I have been visiting the Bahamas for over 20 years and never received service like this before. I will not be returning to the Melia.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!