Where do I begin..? Our family rarely rely on reviews to choose a place to stay because we find that some are exaggerated BUT not this time. The beach is the ONLY good thing about this place. Our family of 11 recently experienced our worst experience at hotels while staying here.
• The check IN/OUT process is verrrrry slow so be prepared to wait in a cramped lobby due to the ongoing renovations.
• Broken AC in our rooms and absolutely no AC in the hallways.
• The pools are absolutely disgusting. The walls of the pools are brown and green with mildew. We had to keep the kids in the beach beacuse of how disgusting the pools were.
•We never had enough towels in the rooms for the number of people in the rooms and had to ask for them DAILY as well as other things like toilet paper.
•The buffet sitting situation is also horrible. The wait was very long and We rarely got to sit together as a family while eating because most of the tables were reserved all day long for large parties who we never saw sit down. In addition, some of my family members found hair in their food on more than one ocassion. GROSS
• Absolutely nothing to do at night except the casino. I was celebrating my birthday while there and found nothing to do the night of since there is no nightly entertainment or nightclub on location.
• Very rude staff. While walking through the lobby one night, my sister in law took a bag of chips from the midnight snack bar which was part of the all inclusive deal when the attendant grabbed it out of her hand and demanded she pay for it. When she realized we had the all inclusive bracelets she said we could not take a bag of chips alone without also taking a sandwich because everything was counted.
Also, while walking around the "resort", my sister walked into an ice cream shop to ask for a spoon to feed my nephews some yogurt, she was asked to pay 25 cents for a PLASTIC spoon. Just ridiculous.
• Power outages. The power went out while my father was in the elevator and left him trapped until he had to force the doors open to escape.
The list is endless. We were very unhappy and don't even think we will be returning to Nassau. We do NOT recommend this resort to anyone. Perhaps not until they finish the renovations and completely replace the hotel staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas