The beach is nice, the drinks are nice but the service was horrible!! The staff seemed to be inconvenienced by anything we asked, even if it was to pay for a drink!! The pool activities were blah and even our kids were ready to leave after day 2..now that's bad when it gets to our beach bunnies who only need the sun and water on vacation!!
Our room was very warm and the AC didn't seem to be working at full capacity so we called the front desk and were told to "shut the curtains" to keep it cool. Seriously? The storm door was already closed and the curtains were pulled close but can we at least look out the ocean view window and stay cool while we are in the room?? lol! It was a joke to us!
We came from a 5 day stay at the Blue Water Resort up the street..much older resort (more like condos), needed upgrades but very clean, small Tiki bar by the pool, only 35 units and their customer service ran circles around the Melia!! It was shameful!!
Yes, it's true that most islands run on a more leisurely pace when it comes to customer service and we are used to that as a family. No problem mon..take it easy and wait. But the service at Melia was worse because most of the staff acted like they didn't want to be bothered with you. That is what's horrible!! It's the small things like a smile or "good morning" that mean more than a nice swim up pool bar.
No complaints with the wifi in the lobby, the towel service, the pool, the restaurant..that comes with the island territory but good customer service can turn the oldest, ugliest resort into the best experience ever!! And you will NOT find that at the Melia!
I would not recommend this resort for anybody who considers themselves worthy of good customer service..um, that means all of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas