“Beautiful Vacation pick ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Nassau
“Beautiful Vacation pick ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I were very pleased with this hotel, cannot wait to return next year. Their hospitality was beyond compare and they treat you like family. Always checking to make sure everything was okay for us. They will be opening the Baha Mar in December, we can only imagine how that will be since our experience here was superb. We recommend Melia very highly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

730 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Mahwah, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our week at the Melia was nothing less than wonderful. The food/drinks and the beach were above and beyond the all-inclusive resorts we've stayed at in D.R. Mexico and Jamaica. All-inclusive is the only way to go at this resort, and the Bahamas as a whole, as food and drink are pricey. Service was a bit slow at the Marketplace buffet but the staff at the Aqua Italian Restaurant and the outside grill was exceptional. A special mention to Lucinda at the outdoor grill. She greeted us every day with a great smile and impeccable service. Also, Jamal, Lamont and Kendrick at the Aqua were terrific and their service level cannot be beat. The resort is undergoing a major renovation where restaurants are being added and the pool/patio areas are being refurbished. So I'm not sure why people keep complaining about the poor conditions around the pool area and the cracks on the walkways when they know that the resort is still in transition from the Sheraton and those things will be fixed over the next few months. Once those things are addressed it will be a 5 star resort and we will be visiting again!

Room Tip: All ocean front/view rooms are breathtaking. If you don't want a long walk to the elevator then...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

For the most part my stay was good, the beach was wonderful as well as the location. Housekeeping who I named MSista In-Law was a blessing I would stay here again could get the elavator fixed from reading the reviews its been down for a long time!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Long Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I recently came back from Melia after spending 4 nights, and the negative reviews make it so much worse than it actually is. I can understand why some of you would be upset about wifi not being in the rooms, but full free wifi is provided in the lobby as well as in the gym and wetbar. It is ok to put your phones down for some hours. After all, you are on vacation. I was not a fan of Aqua, but enjoyed the food at the other restaurants, especially the pasta station at the Marketplace. I do not really have any complaints about the service. Although they were not as fast as the service in NY, it was not terribly slow either as others were saying. DEFINITELY GET THE ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION!!! Everything is wayyy pricey. One thing I did not like about the resort is that eveything closes so early.The staff at the hotel were pleasant. In my opinion, no one came off as rude or as if they didn't want to be there like the other reviews reported. Otherwise, If you're willing, definitely go downtown on the #10 bus to Oh andros! The food was great, and even though it was not that expensive, it was worth every cent. They cover every part of the plate with food! On a scale of 1-10 I would give my overall experience a 7. Before going I was worried about what to expect because of the negative reviews, but I still gave the hotel a chance, and I was not disappointed. If you are thinking about going to this hotel, don't go based off of th reviews. Experience it for yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Henrico, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The bartenders, Fredrick Cash and Gino because they were the most welcoming, knowledgeable, respectful, friendliest people with the greatest attitudes. I would also like give a big shout out to Paul who we met in the (The Market Place)and(The Aqua Bar) for making sure I was taken care of and left happy. Also Gary for making my fresh strawberry daiquiris.The only negative thing I have to say about this place is that yawl need a lot more (entertainment),a lot less (flies). Overall we had a good time. Oh and I think yawl need to make it an all inclusive stay resort for everyone so we don't have to sign a ticket for everything little thing we order.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed in this resort a number of times. Only 5-6 since it switched over to Melia. Although any hotel could always use an update, this resort is kept clean, the rooms have comfortable beds and the common areas are very nice. The beach at Melia is one of the best on the island and the staff is very accomodating. I appreciate Melia's attempt to bring more Bahamian culture to the resort. I'm not sure about turning the resort to all-inclusive. Many individuals who visit the Bahamas want to experience the local food (fish-fry) and may not want to eat at the hotel. Overall, I love this property and will stay many more times in the future!

Room Tip: Some rooms are very far from the elevators and the ones in the middle of the hotel do not work.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The bed was way to soft and so was the pillows, there was a big cockroach in our room the first day. And we didn't get the room we paid for with the ocean front view instead we had a pool view. We also didn't get any towels until late at night, everything is so expensive in the hotel, so we ate out everyday. Other than that we enjoy our vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!