I was concerned about staying at this resort after reading some of the negative reviews but after staying at Melia Beach last week, I can honestly say that my fears were unfounded. The vast majority of the staff were super friendly and ready to go above and beyond when I had any special requests. Sometimes there was an extended wait for service, but I didn't mind as I was on vacation and not particularly rushed for time.
Overall, I found the food to be rather average. Not great or bad, but for the most part, good or acceptable. I would like to say though that contrary to one review that I read, I found the beef burger at The Grill to be excellent.
In regards to my room, it was small (not a problem for me) but clean, the bed was comfortable and the view of the beach was spectacular.
As far as any criticisms that I have of this resort, I wish there were more organized activities. The hotel only had one scheduled activity per hour. I had a great time at water aerobics and Caribbean dance and wished they were scheduled more often.
The resort is also in desperate need of more beach umbrellas. Those that get to the beach early tend to covet them for the entire day and the rest of us are left to suffer under the intense Caribbean sun. I consider this a health and safety issue as my 11 year old daughter got a whopper of a sunburn which she continues to suffer from today.
All and all we had a great time at Melia Beach and I would happily return to this resort as well as recommend it to my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas