“Better Than Expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% Off
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Rockville, Maryland
“Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was concerned about staying at this resort after reading some of the negative reviews but after staying at Melia Beach last week, I can honestly say that my fears were unfounded. The vast majority of the staff were super friendly and ready to go above and beyond when I had any special requests. Sometimes there was an extended wait for service, but I didn't mind as I was on vacation and not particularly rushed for time.

Overall, I found the food to be rather average. Not great or bad, but for the most part, good or acceptable. I would like to say though that contrary to one review that I read, I found the beef burger at The Grill to be excellent.

In regards to my room, it was small (not a problem for me) but clean, the bed was comfortable and the view of the beach was spectacular.

As far as any criticisms that I have of this resort, I wish there were more organized activities. The hotel only had one scheduled activity per hour. I had a great time at water aerobics and Caribbean dance and wished they were scheduled more often.

The resort is also in desperate need of more beach umbrellas. Those that get to the beach early tend to covet them for the entire day and the rest of us are left to suffer under the intense Caribbean sun. I consider this a health and safety issue as my 11 year old daughter got a whopper of a sunburn which she continues to suffer from today.

All and all we had a great time at Melia Beach and I would happily return to this resort as well as recommend it to my friends and family.

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Painted Post, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a great time at the Melia Hotel & Resort in Nassau, Bahamas in July, 2014. We chose the "all inclusive" which was very nice. Food and drinks were all really good! The white sandy beach and clear blue water along with the pools were very refreshing. The resort provided many activities including snorkeling equipment, kayaks, paddle boards and floats for their guests at no additional cost. There was live entertainment and a casino for the adults and we all enjoyed the straw market right across the street. The local bus transportation to downtown picked us up right in front of the hotel and was only $1.25 one way for adults and $1.00 for the children.

We were very impressed with the "Kids & Co." activities provided for the children (our kids ages were 5, 7 and 11). Lots of crafts and fun things to keep them happy. :) I would like to send out a special "shout out" to two awesome ladies that are part of the staff: Dwynique Sawyer (aka Nikki) and Judelynnthia Stubbs (aka J-Lo). They have so much fun, positive energy and made us all enjoy our vacation so much more. They made the children laugh and played right along side of them. They made us adults laugh too! :) They are awesome! Whenever they saw us out and about during the day, they always made sure they came up and spoke with us.

We were able to share in the Bahamas Independence Day on July 10th. The resort decorated, had vendors on sight for us to shop local merchandise and they provided live entertainment. We also saw some fireworks outside the hotel (I think they were actually put on by another resort, but they were very nice).

At dinner, a couple was celebrating a Wedding Anniversary and the staff sang to them at their table and of course everyone clapped for the couple and the great staff! We met several people that were either married on site at the resort or had come to enjoy their honeymoon.

I would recommend this place and I would definitely go back again :)

The photos on line were exactly as they appeared when we arrived!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are really nice!
Huntsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our experience with the resort for the most part was wonderful. Starting with the check in being quick and then the room was very clean and spacious. The resort was laud out very nice with many places to eat, drink and relax. The only issue was sometimes the wait staff was slI w to coming to you, especially in the upstairs snack lounge and in the dining buffet the food didn't seem hit enough. The grounds were well kept and beach was nice. Once or twice we didn't have enough towels, but with a quick call to the staff they arrived with what we needed. All over experience was great. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I travel to the Bahamas from Portland Oregon for the first time to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary,we chose to stay at the Malia and we are so happy that we did.The staff were well trained and always on top of there jobs,I would like to take this time to say that we dine a lot in the market place and the service was wonderful,I give great compliment to Miss Yvonne Charlton,she bring a new meaning to the word manager,she is very hospitable and I can see that her staff respects her.Miss Shirley also get my vote.Over all the service was excellent,I will recommend Malia to my friends and colleague and I am looking forward to to my next visit.Keep up the good work. Rupert and Deloris Dallas

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing you experience with us. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Our associates work so hard to ensure our guests have a great time and I know they will be happy to hear that their hard work did not go unnoticed. Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed in other Melia resorts and I had great experiences that is why I picked and convince my family of 16 to go. I planned it and I feel really bad that it was not a great one for all of us. Not speaking about all the staff but there were quite a few that we're not friendly at all. Some were nice, very friendly, very polite and helpful while others were very nasty all around. Especially when the talked to each other talking about my family being the "Nasty Family" as they called us. They just took over the Sheraton and in transition to an all inclusive but have a long way to go. They have to work on there staff. Very disappointed

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We spent an unexpected night at this hotel due to an unforseen delay in flights and all I have to say is WOW! This hotel is BEAUTIFUL, the view from the rooms and the beach are spectacular and the staff was so incredibly welcoming. We ate at the marketplace and Dianne Johnson a waitress in the restaurant was very helpful and accomodating to our needs. She ensured that we had everything we needed and gave us helpful tips for the resort. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Melissa M,
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your short time with us and I will share your praises with Dianne. I am sure she will be happy to know that her hard work did not go unnoticed. I hope we have the chance to welcome you again for a longer visit should you return to the Bahamas.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed there from June 18 to June 21 and had a great time. The all inclusive is the way to go because the price for a meal is tremendous. The check in line was fast and they explain a lot of things to you there so I think that's why other guests were commenting about the lines being slow. The food was good. The pools were virtually empty so it was like having an entire pool for yourself since everyone was hanging at the beach. The only negative is they need more entertainment at night maybe a club and there were too much flies during the day at the restaurant so you could not dine outside. Overall, we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2014
Hello 1minibee,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your recommendations with my team for discussion. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau Bahamas.

Andrew Tilley,

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!