“My first visit.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% Off
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Portland, Oregon
“My first visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I travel to the Bahamas from Portland Oregon for the first time to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary,we chose to stay at the Malia and we are so happy that we did.The staff were well trained and always on top of there jobs,I would like to take this time to say that we dine a lot in the market place and the service was wonderful,I give great compliment to Miss Yvonne Charlton,she bring a new meaning to the word manager,she is very hospitable and I can see that her staff respects her.Miss Shirley also get my vote.Over all the service was excellent,I will recommend Malia to my friends and colleague and I am looking forward to to my next visit.Keep up the good work. Rupert and Deloris Dallas

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

656 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent an unexpected night at this hotel due to an unforseen delay in flights and all I have to say is WOW! This hotel is BEAUTIFUL, the view from the rooms and the beach are spectacular and the staff was so incredibly welcoming. We ate at the marketplace and Dianne Johnson a waitress in the restaurant was very helpful and accomodating to our needs. She ensured that we had everything we needed and gave us helpful tips for the resort. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed there from June 18 to June 21 and had a great time. The all inclusive is the way to go because the price for a meal is tremendous. The check in line was fast and they explain a lot of things to you there so I think that's why other guests were commenting about the lines being slow. The food was good. The pools were virtually empty so it was like having an entire pool for yourself since everyone was hanging at the beach. The only negative is they need more entertainment at night maybe a club and there were too much flies during the day at the restaurant so you could not dine outside. Overall, we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have been coming to this beach for about 10 years and this is the nicest hotel I have stayed at. It is clean, in good repair, stylish, has great amenities and offers a full buffet breakfast for $25 which is definitely worth it. I highly recommend this location. Our waitress SHARETA BOWE was excellent and made our dining experience very nice.

Room Tip: If you are going to the beach get an ocean view for only a few dollars more a night - Makes all the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Even though we had to wait to check in due to unforeseen circumstances, the staff was as helpful as possible. I still can not figure out how they make any money with the all inclusive food and alcohol (not that I am a food or alcohol abuser, but if I were, they would be out of business next Tuesday). Paul Cooper at Aqua restaurant and Prescola at the Market place, truly exemplify the kind and professional people you will meet here along with everyone else.
The hotel could do with some updates, but in the overall, it was very enjoyable.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We took our family (two adults and 12 year old son and 9 year old daughter) to this resort July 1-8 and were part of the all inclusive deal. We had an amazing time. The staff was amazing and friendly, especially Alexis Henfield! She went above and beyond her job to accommodate our family...THANK YOU!!
Pros: Great location, amazing powder sand beach, great layout of hotel, not too big. I felt comfortable letting my children run around by themselves. Great pools for kids! Lots of activities provided by the hotel if you look for them. Night life...karaoke, fireworks, bands, dancing, bbqs, local entertainers, outdoor movies in the POOL!! The hotel had a new entertainment every night. Hotel had great security, I felt super safe letting my children run around. Food was great! Great selections everyday...they offer three places to eat...The Market Place, which is a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. food was very good...had all the staples everyday, but they switch up the main course every day. For breakfast they offered a juice bar where you could have your own juice smoothie made just for you! My children are vegan and they were AMAZING at accommodating their needs, they had almond milk for them everyday. Omelet bar, where you can customize your own omelet! For lunch and dinner at the Market Place they have a LIVE PASTA station, where they will make you any pasta with any sauce combination you like!! The O'Grill offered outdoor lunch next to the pool...hotdogs, nachos, quesadillas, chix fingers, etc...(not amazing but okay). Aqua is their only restaurant for dinner... it serves Italian food, which was great! We chose the Market Place everyday as it had such a great selection and food was really good.
Rooms were fine...nothing amazing. Beds were fine, pillows were actually great! We brought our own and found theirs would have been just as good. Hotel was clean. You can tell it needs a lot of repairs and they recently "renovated" which clearly was just a bandage on the issues. I am not a picky person and as long as a location is safe and clean I am happy. I would come back in a heartbeat! I LOVE the size of this resort! I am so upset they are building a grand BAR MAR Resort right next door! I wouldn't want to stay at a resort like that...it's too big! Melia is the perfect size resort!
CONS: I hate to write anything negative about this resort, because I think for what it is, it is AMAZING! But, I do think if you travel here you should be aware of these cons. 1. Locals are very sensitive to tourist entitlement attitudes...if you want to be treated kindly, treat them kindly...say GOOD MORING, AFTERNOON, and GOOD EVEVING!! DO NOT BE DEMANDING! They are on island time and most don't look like they want to be there. Be compassionate...there is not a lot of job opportunities for them, you can tell some LOVE their jobs and enjoy what they do while others clearly are just working there because there is no other option for them. BE KIND they are human and have families to provide for too!! They are very kind and nice people if you talk to them. 2. Locals on the beach...be prepared to be solicited goods and services when on the beach. Melia has AMAZING security and the beach locals are allowed by the water but NOT up to where the chairs are...and security is on them like flies! The beach locals who are trying to make a living selling goods and services are very kind and polite and DO offer great deals! Once you have said no thank you to their offers they are great about walking away...but you will see them again tomorrow. But again, they are VERY NICE!! My husband brought his guitar and he sang with them and played songs toghether...it was very cool! Elvis, offered a great deal on a boat trip to the reef for snorkeling...it was spectacular!
I LOVED this resort...I hope you do too!

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When we booked this hotel it was under Sheraton management but it changed during the winter into a Melia resort.
I was a bit concerned about that Melia wouldn't honor the Sheraton booking but they did.
We had a fantastic room with perfect beach view and everything.
The room had a very high standard.
When it comes to the public areas indoor it has no atmosphere at all but the standard is average.
When it comes to the public areas outdoor, pool and beach this hotel has seen its better days.
The standard is very poor and everything is worn down and shabby.
The pool, the bar and the beach has no caribbean feeling what so ever.
Unfortunately we will never return to this hotel due to the low standard but once again the room we had was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!