We traveled March 30 - April 3 on a great deal through Sunwing Vacations. After reading many reviews before we left, we went with an open mind and without high expectations. We arrived around 9:30 pm, did not wait at the airport for the shuttle to bring anyone else that was on the plane to the same resort. We only had carry on baggage, so we breezed through security etc. grabbed a cab and were there, checked in, unpacked, drink in hand in the lobby bar within a half hour of landing. Check in was fine, only a couple people ahead of us, front desk staff ok, nothing to brag about but not rude by any means, room was ok, we had requested a king, but instead got 2 doubles, tried calling down to discuss possibly switching rooms but was disconnected a couple of times so just gave in, not a really big deal anyway. View made up for the double beds. Room was clean enough, could be updated a bit more, tiles in tub a little grungy, fan in bathroom really dust covered, could see the age of the hotel mostly in the hall ways to the rooms, nothing a little paint and maybe new light fixtures, carpet could cure, but none of this makes for a bad vacation. Just mere observations.
The grounds are beautiful, many pool areas to choose from, and yes the main pool again needs a facelift which I hear is coming, by mid afternoon the pool could have used a good skimming, lifeguard did some one day. No problems ever finding a lounger, pool wait staff was around often enough, if you needed them sooner all you had to do was wave and they were right there. The beach was beautiful, clean great sand, snorkeling equipment available to use, but snorkeling very disappointing, there were a few vendors but they never bugged you, asked once and left it at that.
We did not do the all inclusive so we did not eat at any of the resturants. Starbucks in the lobby was great for a morning tea and muffin for a walk on the beach. There is a liqour store in the building, also a cafe which is open from 7am to 11 pm, everything from breakfast sandwiches to dinner plates, pop chips and ice cream also available. Very reasonably priced.
We did take the Jitney into town a couple of times, great way to get around. Downtown very touristy, lots of people especially with the ships in port, expensive shops and usual souvenir things at the straw market. The Fish Fry at Arawak cay was nice, we had a really nice lunch at Oh Andres, there are many there to pick from. There is the Daquiri Shack right across the street from the hotel, great Daquiri's, made with fresh fruit, great to pick one up before getting on the bus !!!
A short 15 min walk to the right of the property takes you to a nice area which has Milanos Bistro, great pizza and pasta dishes, a Subway, a deli, pharmacy, liqour store, high end beachwear store and a supermarket.
Construction beside the property did not bother us at all, no noise or issues.
Overall it was a very nice get away, would have liked to stay a bit longer.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Radisson Cable Beach
- Sheraton Cable Beach
- Sheraton Nassau
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Cable Beach
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Amex, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.