“Oh, you want towels?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Nassau Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Nassau Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Nassau Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence Island (Formerly Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino)   |
Ranked #10 of 31 hotels in Nassau
Louisville, Kentucky
“Oh, you want towels?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Yes, towels are a real challenge at this hotel, as were things like a room service menu and mini-bar (the latter didn't exist at all). The beach was good, as was the pool, price was very reasonable, but that comes with issues like a slow cleaning service (6pm one day), and towels are kind of special request items (as was the room service menu).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
wallingford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Melia just took over the property in December 2013. Hopefully they will update the rooms - I will say even though furniture was old, the rooms were clean, housekeeping did a good job. The location, Cable Beach, is good as there are a few nice restaurants or fast food places you can walk to.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This property isn't new, it was originally the Sheraton and has only recently been taken over by Melia. I must say that the resort was absolutely lovely! It had a private beach which wasn't too big, nor too small and the service was excellent. While it's far from downtown, it's easy to catch the local bus ($1.25) since it's right outside, and taxis are only about $15 from downtown, $20 from the airport.

The service was really good and the rooms were really nice! I would highly recommend this place to anyone else travelling in Nassau! I spent a day at Atlantis and was much happier that I had chosen Melia, since it was more relaxing and less showy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DC Metro area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We read the TripAdvisor reviews but for the most part part we had minimal complaints. The line at check in was not long, while towels were not always in our room, when requested they arrived within minutes and the beach was great!

We did not do regret not doing the all inclusive because the cost of $149pp per day was more than I'd ever spend on food. There are a few restaurants in walking distance 10-15, a food truck across the street or you take the 10 bus to the fish fry with about 15+ places. O'charleys give you more food than one can or should eat alone. It is about a 10 min ride away for $1.25 each way. With that said we never ate at the restaurants except when I paid $3 for a coke from the bar. Just stop at one of the stores on the way in. There is also a Starbucks which serves premade breakfast and lunch sandwiches.

Pool and beach chairs were plentiful even on a crowded Saturday. They had daily activities kickboxing water aerobics and even a band performed near the pool area.

Pros:
good price for a quick get away when not getting AI package
Friendly staff
basic accommodation were enough since you really won't be in your room all day
Free WiFi in the lobby which extends to the beach and pool area

Cons
hotel needs updating I.e some paint and new furniture
No safe in the room and you have to rent a fridge for $10 per day
Not sure why they charge a $40 per day resort fee because besides WiFi not sure what I'm getting...pool towels maybe?

Overall: Not 4 star or a true A.I resort, but a nice hotel with multiple heated pools, good beach and much cheaper than staying at the Atlantis.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello Neaseoul,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Upon arrival for our first trip to the Bahamas (4/5-4/12), we were not greeted by anyone and went to check in. The front desk attendant was incompetent and mumbled that her system was showing that we were required to pay at the hotel when we reiterated several times that our trip was prepaid and even showed the travel receipt. She went ahead and charged our card for $1600 and just provided us with a receipt to sign. When reviewing the receipt, my wife and I became very upset and she went to the back to consult with someone for half an hour and finally returned with a manager in order to issue a credit. When reviewing our credit card statement the following day, we noticed that there were additional charges for $1506 and $400 and when speaking with the front desk we were nonchalantly told that we needed to speak with the accountant the next day. After wasting time and stressing on a vacation, the accountant removed the holds and apologized. This was a very unfortunate start to our trip!

We also learned that the all inclusive package did not include top shelf liquor or room service and were disappointed as this was something we never encountered at another all inclusive resort. Fortunately, the drinks on the beach and at the lobby bar were pretty good.

Food choices were very limited for dinner with only one restaurant or buffet to select from (Kendrick and Dendrick were great servers at Aqua!). The outside grill was closed all week. Breakfast was fine and our server Eleanor was lovely. Lunch was decent and it was nice that we were able to order and eat on the beach. All of the beach servers (Monique, Lakendra) were fantastic! With such limited choices for food, vacationing for 7 days became very redundant and unappealing.

Rooms are undoubtedly outdated and need a major face lift however the bed and pillows were comfortable. The stairs from the beach on the west side of the hotel literally look as if they belong in a horror film and need major repairs. Watch your step!

The pools were old and filled with white debris. However, we did luck out with a PERFECT beach! The water is stunning and clear. The resort is situated on the best beach (Cable Beach) and is only 15 minutes away from the airport with no plane noise!

Reading many reviews before booking our trip, we were concerned about the customer service and how outdated this resort is and unfortunately the majority of negative reviews were accurate. There are many employees who are unapproachable, unaccomodating and SHOULD NOT be in the hospitality business. Hopefully with the guidance of new ownership, customer service will improve and be equivalent to other Melia resorts.

We will consider long and hard before we would return to this resort as there is so much potential based on the location and new ownership. However, a change this grand will likely take a few years to make a big difference. Vacationers BEWARE!

Room Tip: Ask for west wing on the third floor for wifi.
Phil D,
Please accept my apologies for the disappointments with your recent stay. Our property will be undergoing renovations this year which will include many upgrades and the addition of three new restaurants. We appreciate your comments as they help us to provide the best service to our guests. Please know that your comments have been noted and I will share them with my team for discussion and improvement.

I do hope you visit us again and give us the opportunity to gain your confidence in the resort. Thank you for staying with us.

Rockwood, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had read a lot of reviews and they had us a bit worried. I have to say we were there from 3/26 to 4/2 and our experience at the Melia was excellent. The staff at this resort are very friendly and always very pleasant. The food at the Melia was very good. We ate at the buffet and many selections to chose from. We did eat at the restaurant and it was excellent as well. I have to add that out of all the places we have visited the people in the Bahamas are the nicest and friendliest people. Would go to Nassau again. I cannot remember the names of the staff but Kenneth at The Grille was great and so were the other staff members at The Grille. And the Melia.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Jane B,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received the passion for service that the Melia brand stands by. I will be sure to share your praises with the associates you have mentioned I know they will be happy to hear from you. Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope you visit us again soon.

Highland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Melia this past week. Overall it was a wonderful trip. I had read the reviews so I was a bit nervous. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly check in went. We arrived at 1:00 pm so I wasn't sure our room would be ready that early but it was. And, check in took about 10 minutes! The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. We went all inclusive, which I totally recommend since the food is ridiculously over priced. We were very pleased with the quality and variety of food at the buffet and at Aqua but our bill ran around $200 for every meal for four of us! The only complaint we had during our stay was the service at the pool bar. I get that you're on island time on vacation and we were all pretty easy going people but it was ridiculous how slow the service was. I don't mind if you move slow as long as you are moving. There were at least 6 bartenders back there but none of them were doing anything. Not to mention they had no personality at all. At times they were borderline rude. They also seriously need to update the pool bar and surrounding area. Most of the hotel needs some updating but the pool bar was by far the worst. Just a thorough paint job and new fans would help a lot! None of that really affected our stay in the long run. Like I said, overall it was an amazing experience and I would totally stay here again! As long as you are aware of need for some updates and are ok with it you won't be disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach. I am glad you enjoyed your stay I will share your concerns with our management team for discussion and improvement however I am glad these issues did not affect your ability to enjoy your stay. I hope you visit us again should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

Andrew Tilley,

Been to Melia Nassau Beach Resort? Share your experiences!