My husband and I are big fans of Melia properties, and hopefully, someday this one will live up to their reputation. First, the things we loved; our room (Romance Suite) was very spacious, clean, great balcony with a wonderful view, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The grounds were nicely kept, loved the pools and waterfalls, and of course the beach. The staff was very friendly, and really couldn't have been nicer.
Some of the things that need to happen here, and probably should have before they put their name on this hotel....more choices for food, the buffet is pretty good actually, the one upscale restaurant-Aqua, was really good one night and really, really disappointing the next. The bars-they need more, there are only two and one closes at 6:00 P.M. You can only imagine how crowded the lobby bar is in the evening, and how difficult it is to be waited on. The entertainment was limited to the crowded bar and was difficult for many to enjoy. There is a lot of space that is not being used here, and they could easily take care of both of these shortcomings.
One other thing that I would mention is the long check-in lines, a real need to speed up this process. Being a Melia rewards member, other hotels have had a private lounge for check-in, making dinner reservations, printing boarding passes etc. Another easy upgrade. Also, we were told that we would be able to use our points at the hotel for upgrades etc., but they said they weren't equipped to do that.
I also have to mention, the signing of receipts for everything at the bars/restaurants. They said it was temporary, and I certainly hope that is the case. There is no way you should have to wait (sometimes, a very long wait) to sign for drinks, food, even a bottle of water, and an all inclusive resort-very frustrating!
I guess we took a chance going to a resort that had so recently been purchased, and, for the money, it still was a decent deal. One good thing was that it made for some interesting conversations as to what we would do and how we would improve the resort.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Radisson Cable Beach
- Sheraton Cable Beach
- Sheraton Nassau
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Cable Beach
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.