We booked on-line with Melia International, which indicated we had no choice but to book all inclusive, as they were turning over to that just before our check-in (1/4/14). We agreed to that, but when checking in (there were 2 couples of us), the registration staff had no record of our being all-inclusive. When showing them our confirmation emails from Melia, they agreed to it. Then came the bracelets that were put on by them. They easily became frayed and fell apart with normal wear, and when my husband went to get a replacement one, he was treated like a bad school boy and the woman threw a tape dispenser at him to repair it. A nice delivery guy saw this happen, and aided my husband in the stupid repair of such a poorly made cord bracelet.
The rest of the hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. However, the hotel rooms were overdo for a makeover, and the stairs, which we used sometimes instead of an elevator, were beyond unsafe (with broken stair treads) and filthy.
The pool area was not only in need of repairs, but would not pass inspection in the US, as there were large broken areas in the concrete which one could easily trip on, if not watching every step you took. Also, the lounge chairs were filthy and in very bad repair.
Another big complaint I have for this hotel is the constant playing of loud music, both inside the large lobby and open areas, and outside all around the pools. It makes it difficult or for me, impossible to concentrate on a book. One day the weather was so bad that the lobby area was filled with many people looking for a place to hang. My husband and I just wanted to sit on one of the couches and read, but the music was so loud, we couldn't. I asked someone if they could just turn off the speaker above our heads, and they actually turned off the music altogether! I was very impressed. That lasted about an hour or so, (probably the next shift person turned it back on).
The hotel needs more activities for people to do inside on poor weather days. Some of the unused conference rooms could be made into game rooms or organized activities, for instance.
The food was good to very good most days. We were very glad that we had booked as an all inclusive, based on the prices! We were told that we were the first people to be all inclusive, and in fact, we never saw any one else wearing a turquoise cord bracelet.
We found out during our stay that the hotel had recently been a Sheraton, and that it was even going to be joined with another hotel in the near future. Whatever the case, it needs huge improvements in order to bring it up to even a 3 star, let alone a 4 star hotel.
The fact that you could not get internet in your room, unless you had a cable with you to attach to the phone, was annoying.
There was no refrigerator or bar in the room, but there was a small safe.
We won't be going back, but I thought I should let others know of our experience.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Radisson Cable Beach
- Sheraton Cable Beach
- Sheraton Nassau
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Cable Beach
- Melia Nassau Beach Resort Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Nassau Beach is situated on a 1,000-foot stretch of white sand long the Atlantic Ocean on Nassau’s spectacular Cable Beach. Enjoy stunning views, comfortable accommodations, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. Meliá Nassau Beach is a perfect playground for kids of all ages offering an array of activities, on and off land, including golf, sailing and snorkeling in the calm, turquoise waters of the island. *Operating as an inclusive resort until December 2014. All inclusive after December 2014LOCATIONMeliá Nassau Beach is conveniently located just minutes from Nassau Paradise Island International Airport and a short walk from Cable Beach Golf Club. In addition, the resort is situated near many of Nassau’s major attractions, local restaurants, cafes and shops. ACCOMMODATIONSMeliá Nassau Beach features 694 guestrooms, including 32 suites: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, Romance Suite, Royal Suite, Grand Suite and the Presidential Suite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.