My boyfriend and I stayed four days, three nights over Christmas and Junkanoo (Boxing Day in the Bahamas). Overall, we had a pleasant stay but have both good and bad to share about the Sheraton.
By far, the highlight of our stay were the beach and pool areas. The views were great! There were plenty of beach lounge-chairs available, and the beach was clean and private. There were lots of families in addition to couples like us. There is a swim-up bar and it was a thrill to use. One pool was out of service during our stay, but looked to be filled in on our last day, so perhaps it was a temporary repair. Bar prices were reasonable (rum cocktails were very tasty).
Another highlight was the friendly staff. "Island Time" notwithstanding, everyone we encountered was friendly and accommodated our needs.
Now, the not so good. Food at the hotel was predictably overpriced. The Dolphingrill restaurant was slightly overpriced and its service was very slow, but its food was at least tasty. You'll basically have this one option if you intend to stay by the beach the whole day. We had one meal at Amici's, which I will review separately (preview: two stars), and had good pastries, dessert and coffee at the cafe below the lobby.
As for the rooms, they were well-appointed but noticeably worn. In particular, I noticed nicks in the bathroom tile and wear-and-tear to the bedframe. The bedding was nice and the room had plenty of space, including a great patio overlooking the pool area. We found (at least during December) that the room could be kind of cold during the evening. We adjusted the thermostat but aren't sure it actually worked.
The Crystal Palace Casino is open 24 hours, but the table games are only available on weekends. If you're looking for table games during the week, or anything other than slots and video poker/blackjack, you'll need to go elsewhere.
Finally, Cable Beach, where the Sheraton is located, is a 15-minute drive to Downtown Nassau ($15-20 depending on what your driver charges you). If you decided to go over Christmas and Junkanoo, be prepared for an absolutely dead downtown after the big celebration. We barely found a place to eat in the downtown area (which was disappointing). You'll need to walk about 15 minutes west to find other restaurant options near the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Radisson Cable Beach
- Sheraton Cable Beach
- Sheraton Nassau
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Cable Beach
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Cable beach, the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino offers guests the perfect Bahamas hotel set on 7 acres of stunning waterscape where you can unwind and relax in the tropical weather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.