Sandyport is an interesting hotel. There are no in house dining facilities, but within the 'resort' there is a restaurant, sports bar, pub and cafe. The setting is attractive with canals running throughout the resort, and the beach is fantastic and not at all busy.
The rooms are adequate, but quite basic and not especially large. However, this resort is excellent value for Nassau. The location is a 15-20 minute bus ride to downtown Nassau. The buses are very cheap and frequent, but do finish at about 7pm which can make getting home a challenge.
Staff at Sandyport were fantastic. Always very friendly and accommodating. There is no free wifi - there is a paid service but connectivity was very difficult. He restaurant, bar and cafe all have free wifi.
The restaurant and sports bar are highly recommended. The pub was quite dingy, and the cafe was very limited. As this was the only place open for breakfast, that is a big downside.
Would recommend This for someone seeking cheap but clean accommodation in Nassau.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort Bahamas/Nassau
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beaches Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and isolation of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Olde Towne at Sandyport on the Resort’s doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandyport Beaches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.