Stayed a rainy week and that did not help my attitude, but really this facility has lacked proper maintenance for several years. Stay here for the modest rates but be prepared to lower your standards. Peeling paint on the bridges. Toilet seats with only one hinge. Cracked wash basins. Leaky faucets and rusty parts. And the coup de gras, two days without hot water.
The staff is friendly but move at their own pace. The room was clean when we arrived, smelling of chlorine. ( from a disinfectant?) We had to get room keys remade three times.
The pool was never very clean but became unusable by the heavy rain. Tennis or basketball anyone? The court surface sags in the middle so after every rain shower there is an inch or two of water to play through. The ocean beach was easy to get to but no one ever used it since they never clean the trash and sea weed off the sand.
Good things are the easy access to the rest of the island using the number 10 or 12 buses for just $1.25 apiece. The Tuesday night BBQ was okay, but none of the steaks, ribs, chicken, or burgers had ever seen a grill. Restaurants and stores within walking distance are good but pricey for anyone staying at a budget-wise resort.
This was an award winning resort years ago but I give it one and a half stars today.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beaches Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and isolation of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Olde Towne at Sandyport on the Resort’s doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandyport Beaches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort Bahamas/Nassau