“OK For a Last Minute Trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandyport Beaches Resort

You added Sandyport Beaches Resort to your Saves list
Sandyport Beaches Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay St, Sandyport | P.O. Box SP 63162, Nassau none, New Providence Island   |
Affiliate website
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Venice, Florida
“OK For a Last Minute Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our view of New Providence and Nassau is that both are fairly run-down and need repair. The one positive thing about them is the friendliness and cheerfulness of their population. The government makes its money off imports and as a result local agriculture and manufacturing are discouraged, and both food and other goods are expensive.

Our unit Sandy Beaches Resort had a kitchen/living room and a large bedroom with a Jacuzzi. The room was clean and bug-free. The kitchen stove had two burners that would light using the pilot light and two that we had to use matches to light. We didn't use the dishwasher because the rusty, wheel-missing bottom rack couldn't be moved out to load with dishes. The kitchen had a coffeemaker, refrigerator and microwave that all worked well, along with dishes and cooking pots and pans. The tap water isn't potable, but you can buy a gallon of water from the office for $2 ($1.49 at a nearby grocery store). The staff was very friendly and helpful and provided useful information about nearby shopping and using the jitney buses. Unfortunately the weather was not great and the surf was very heavy so we did not use the beaches.

My wife and I had a good time--as we always do--watching people, shopping and having lunch at the Fish Fry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beaches Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear hmmathis,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I know exactly when you stayed as we had usually high surf and I am so sorry that the weather negatively impacted your stay. Our islands sunshine, beaches and beautiful waters are along with our people our greatest assets; to not get to enjoy them is a real shame. I am pleased to hear though that you did have “a good time”, that you found our team “very friendly and helpful” and your suite well-appointed and clean. We are in the process of replacing some of our major appliances and I apologize that yours were not to our normal standard.

I do hope that you will visit us again soon when we have excellent beach weather so that we can give you our true island experience.

Sandyport Beaches Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a week for our vacation. I would never consider looking at other places to stay when I do come back. Staff was very welcoming and super helpful throughout our time there, especially Lady Sarah who booked stuff for us and recommended awesome places that fit our interests. Rooms were amazing, clean, and very spacious. Awesome views, close to ocean, nearby restaurants, and the bus stops right in front of resort. It is some ways from downtown (but a short bus ride away), which we very much appreciated as it was very peaceful and relaxing. I highly suggest doing the activities they offer as well. All around great experience and I can't wait to come back!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear K Masley13,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the peace and relaxation and “would never consider looking at other places to stay”. We very much aim to provide a tranquil island experience while being near to all of the activity Nassau has to offer. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and I am so happy to hear that you found our team “welcoming” and “super helpful”. Thank you so much as well for posting your pictures. Your hammock is calling me!

We can’t wait to have you back too. See you soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at Sandyport on a stopover between London and Eleuthera. The treatment I received was first class, nothing too much trouble. I had a WONDERFUL room - actually a suite of rooms which I shared with my travelling companion. It was clean, well equipped, overlooking water on both sides. What more could I want! Oh yes, the Poop Deck restaurant is well worth a visit. I had a Cobb's salad - just the job on a hot day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Angela K,

Thank you so much for writing your wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a “wonderful room” and the “treatment was first class”. I do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at Sandyport overnight. Originally, we had a booking elsewhere. We did not like the place and decided to move to Sandyport, having stayed there several times before, always to our great satisfaction. We would have booked in advance, but nothing showed available on the net. We, therefore, in fact came in "cold". M. Vernon Moss, the manager could not have been more helpful and pleasant. He set us up in a wonderful appartment overlooking the water. Everything was in pristine order and our luggage was even brought to the room for us. Being a winter resident on Eleuthera, I had food I wanted kept in the freezer. The mamager very kindly stored it for me until I was ready to go to the airport. This is definitely the best place to stay in Nassau!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chantal039,

“Definitely the best place to stay in Nassau!” Wow, thank you that is high praise indeed. I am so pleased that Vernon was able to squeeze you in but sorry that you could not initially find availability on-line. We love when our guests become friends and will always try to accommodate where we can. Please do always feel you can contact us directly.

I hope that you are having a wonderful time in Eleuthera and perhaps next time you can stay with us a little longer.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great view right on the canal. There were a couple of issues with our room (adjourning room door lock broken, bathtub faucet leaky); but the staff addressed these issues immediately and were some of the most friendly folks we've ever met. The adjacent restaurant is a bit expensive, so I'd advise you to take Chef Cleveland up on his offer to prepare a personal breakfast and/or dinner for you. The man can cook! If you're looking for more adventure, ask Chef Cleveland about Beverly's Kitchen. It's more of a small local restaurant where many of the locals go for great food at a great value! Our suite was spacious and the resort was in a great location. We're looking forward to our next trip!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shawn B,

We are so pleased that you “loved” your first trip to Nassau. I am sorry that you had a few initial issues but am pleased to hear these were rectified immediately. We pride ourselves on our excellent staff who genuinely enjoy taking care of our guests and giving a friendly local experience. We too are looking forward to your next trip. I am sure Chef Cleveland will be ready with some more great food.

Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I enjoyed the comfort of the resort and saw the improvements to the property!! The amentities and furnitures have been upgraded. I loved the quietness of feeling like a vacation home and enjoyed the ability of the amentites that allowed you to cook food rather than getting alot of fast foods which saved a lot of money!! I normally stay @ Sheraton but I enjoyed the "right in the backyard" beach access from the suite!!I had a great time there & will be back most definitely!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Divatech,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased that you chose Sandyport for your stay this time and enjoyed the feeling of a “vacation home”. We look forward to having you “back most definitely”. Glad you like the upgrades!

chica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited this property every year. I seem the improvements on the property.Grounds well kept, ground crew keeping the plants and flower together. Housekeeping always there to assist. Cleveland the chef cooking great food to order. The new pool a plus. The rooms frest looking ,new furniture and updates appliances.The front end staff and management team is professional, friendly and helpful. Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madelyn s,

Welcome back to Sandyport. We are so pleased that you have seen the improvements that we have made and that you had a “great time”. We are working very hard at the resort to continue to improve our guest experience. Next year I am sure that you will see even more to delight you.

See you soon.

Sandyport Beaches Resort

Been to Sandyport Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!