Our view of New Providence and Nassau is that both are fairly run-down and need repair. The one positive thing about them is the friendliness and cheerfulness of their population. The government makes its money off imports and as a result local agriculture and manufacturing are discouraged, and both food and other goods are expensive.
Our unit Sandy Beaches Resort had a kitchen/living room and a large bedroom with a Jacuzzi. The room was clean and bug-free. The kitchen stove had two burners that would light using the pilot light and two that we had to use matches to light. We didn't use the dishwasher because the rusty, wheel-missing bottom rack couldn't be moved out to load with dishes. The kitchen had a coffeemaker, refrigerator and microwave that all worked well, along with dishes and cooking pots and pans. The tap water isn't potable, but you can buy a gallon of water from the office for $2 ($1.49 at a nearby grocery store). The staff was very friendly and helpful and provided useful information about nearby shopping and using the jitney buses. Unfortunately the weather was not great and the surf was very heavy so we did not use the beaches.
My wife and I had a good time--as we always do--watching people, shopping and having lunch at the Fish Fry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beaches Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and isolation of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Olde Towne at Sandyport on the Resort’s doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandyport Beaches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort Bahamas/Nassau