“Wonderful family resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandyport Beaches Resort

Save Saved
You added Sandyport Beaches Resort to your Saves list
Sandyport Beaches Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay St, Sandyport | P.O. Box SP 63162, Nassau none, New Providence Island   |
Affiliate website
Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Springfield, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful family resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here while attending a destination wedding of a niece. We had two 3 bedroom suites for our family of 15. Everyone enjoyed the resort, even 3 month old baby. The staff was very warm, inviting, helpful and was available when we needed them. Located on the #10 bus line, Twisted Lime resturant (walking distance), grocery store etc. A gated resort with access to wonderful pools and ocean beach. Very clean and nice decor. Truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beaches Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Ann L,

We are so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The three bedroom suites are wonderful for sharing a vacation together while having the space and amenities of home. I hope that your niece had a wonderful wedding and wish them all the best for the future.

We hope that you have sand in your shoes and that we can welcome you back to Sandyport soon.

Sandyport Beaches Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I take immense pride and pleasure in writing a review for this beautiful and tranquil resort to boast about one of the most pleasurable, relaxing and awe inspiring vacations I have ever experienced.

I had the very fortunate opportunity of staying in room 511 at your resort from November 21-26. From the moment I entered your reception, I was greeted by Mrs. Bethel who was so warm and welcoming to the point I felt as if I was the ONLY guest at the hotel.

Despite their being a power outage experienced by the local power company, Mrs. Bethel gave me all assurances that things will be corrected expeditiously by the power company and just by her pleasing and very attentive nature, I was instantly put at ease.

If I thought that was the end all, I was very mistaken because when I entered room 511 once the power was restored I literally dropped my suitcase with an open mouth at the very classy appointment of the interior..............and it didn’t end there!

Opening the bedroom door to see the Jacuzzi beside the room I felt as if I was James Bond for the moment…(smile)

From the gardening staff to my AWESOME and so cherry room attendant (her name escapes me), I am won over and now consider Sandyport Beach Resort as MY place to stay when in Nassau (I am there at least six times a year) for rest, relaxation and meetings.

I just had to contact the reservations Manager Mrs Rowena Jones to express how pleased I was during my stay and she responded so quickly (once again it shows the level of dedication and attention levelled at guest satisfaction and detail to service) to beam with pride for the recognition of her staff members.

In closing, Mrs. Jones you have an excellent facility, under the expert guidance of Mr Vernon Moss and I have already been singing the praises to the Bermudians here at home

Kudos to Sandyport Beach Resort Owners, Management and Staff!!!!

Kindest regards
Alan

Room Tip: I give high ratings in all of the areas that affected my stay (I never did get to visit the fitness...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Bond, Alan Bond,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you once again for your high praise of our team and your stay. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time. I am very fortunate to work with a wonderful team that genuinely wants to make our guests happy. We are very aware that vacation time is precious and that our guests deserve the best experience we can give. We would love to welcome you back to Sandyport soon.

Did you know that many “Bond” scenes have been filmed in the Bahamas both in our waters and on land. Sean Connery has a house in the Bahamas. On one night at what is now “Twisted Lime” I arrived to my table with Sean Connery sitting at the adjacent table. He finished his meal and about 15 minutes later Pierce Brosnan (he was filming on the island at the time) came in for dinner at another table.

Wishing you many more “Bond” moments and hope that we can welcome you back “to your place” soon.

Scarborough, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Arrived at this hotel at 11pm at night having travelled half way around the world from Perth, Australia. We had a confirmed and fully paid for reservation and a confirmation from the hotel that we would be arriving late at night - 11pm or so. They had overbooked and there was no room for us and only a porter on duty. In the end they found a small room with a put-u-up bed instead of the 2 queens we had ordered and were told to argue with the manager the next day. We only have one day in Bahamas before our cruise boat leaves and we will have to spend it facing off with the inefficient management and possibly moving rooms. The room we have been given does not have a key so we are totally stuffed about going out in the morning.
Shame on you Sandyport Beaches Resort and this is a warning to others about your inefficient booking system and your lack of helpfullness when things go wrong. The porter wasn't going to look for another hotel for us. They would have left us tired and jetlagged with no where to sleep!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear AuntieFlotravels,

I am so sorry for the difficulties that you encountered when arriving at our resort. Cameron immediately alerted Vernon Moss, General Manager, to our error. I understand that while we cannot take back the inconvenience that you experienced that first night that we did make up for it in the morning. I very much hope that you will post another review now that your vacation is complete to let everyone know how you feel we handled our error and that you left the resort feeling a lot better about our team and service.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to live up to and exceed yours and our expectations.

Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The accommodations are wonderful. The staff is incredible, special shout out to Chef Cleveland. The rooms were airy, clean, and had a great view. The staff exemplified the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Bahamas. I have already recommended this property to friends, family, and colleagues. A+.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, right near the "Beach"...outstanding, especially since we lucked up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Garrick410,

We are thrilled that you had an A+ vacation. Thank you for your recommendation and your praise of our greatest asset our team. Judging by your photos I think you stayed in 426, which is one of our Deluxe One Bedroom Suites right on the main canal, definitely a “great view”. Let’s make sure that your next vacation is just as good if not better. Please come back and visit us soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at the Sandyport resort for more than ten years. The improvements on the property are vast and really makes your stay enjoyable. The staff bent over backwards for friendliness, always with a smile. The rooms were clean with towel service each day if needed. The one improvement that I really enjoyed was the three new resturants on the premises.
The food was delicious and the atmostphere on the water was fitting. My favorite was "Twisted Lime". The pool was clean and ready for use, even though it was a little breezy after Sandy, the kids enjoyed the pool and slide. I also noticed that Sandyport now has pool and lounge chairs, which were very comfortable with thick padding.

If you don't like the large hotels, Sandyport is like home. It is close to the airport, local resturants, beach and easy transportation into town. Also, there is transportation each hour to the casino. I can't wait to return next year.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear B M,

Thank you so much for your insider’s review of the resort. I am assuming that you are one of our members and we are so pleased that Sandyport feels like “home”. We do feel like a family here and really look forward to welcoming our guests and members back time after time. I have personally enjoyed seeing our member’s families grow over the years with weddings, birthdays, celebrations and expanding families.

Our team is our greatest asset and they do truly enjoy the relationships that we have with our members. I am so pleased that you found that too and thank you for mentioning all of the improvements. We have been busy and I am so pleased you have experienced the difference and that they made your stay “enjoyable”.

We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon. We have more improvements coming this year too.

Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice place, good rooms (there is a kitchen and other equipments), private bay, but there aren't shops and any entertainments near... Also it's so far to downtown... You have to take a car or bus, if you need to go downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Alexey D,

It was wonderful to have you stay with us all the way from Moscow. Thank you so much for your 5 out of 5 review. We love making our guests happy and are pleased the rooms were “good” and that we were a “nice place”. Judging by your photo and description I believe you stayed in a Studio.

We are removed from the hustle and bustle of town and the high rise hotels. Our guests enjoy our tranquil, island setting and we are known for our peace and relaxation. I see from your photos you enjoyed the hammocks lazing by the pool and main canal. We prefer to let the “spring break” crowd go down the road. That said every activity on the island is at our doorstep and our concierge team is happy to assist in making the most out of your stay. Cable beach is minutes away on the #10 bus or casino shuttle.

We do hope that you will visit our sunny island again soon and stay at Sandyport. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Sandyport is a good value for the budget-conscious traveler. In addition, the rooms at Sandyport are equipped with a mini-kitchenette and refrigerator which makes buying groceries and saving money on dining out a nice option. Sandyport is further away from the main attractions of Cable Beach and Paradise Island; however, with the money saved staying here, a rental car is affordable and opens up more of the island for exploring.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Jessied1,

We are so pleased that you found Sandyport Beaches Resort Good Value. That is a great tip on choosing the studio, which has the mini kitchen. Those wishing more space and amenities will like the One Bedroom Deluxe suite which has a full kitchen dining/ living room and Jacuzzi tub. Great news that the money saved made the rental car affordable. The options of the casino shuttle at night and the number 10 bus in the day are available, which make getting around both convenient and even more affordable. The majority of activities also pick up from the resort included in the price.

We hope that you have sand in your shoes and will be back soon to visit us again.

Sandyport Beaches Resort

Been to Sandyport Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!