I have been staying at the Sandyport resort for more than ten years. The improvements on the property are vast and really makes your stay enjoyable. The staff bent over backwards for friendliness, always with a smile. The rooms were clean with towel service each day if needed. The one improvement that I really enjoyed was the three new resturants on the premises.
The food was delicious and the atmostphere on the water was fitting. My favorite was "Twisted Lime". The pool was clean and ready for use, even though it was a little breezy after Sandy, the kids enjoyed the pool and slide. I also noticed that Sandyport now has pool and lounge chairs, which were very comfortable with thick padding.
If you don't like the large hotels, Sandyport is like home. It is close to the airport, local resturants, beach and easy transportation into town. Also, there is transportation each hour to the casino. I can't wait to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beaches Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and isolation of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Olde Towne at Sandyport on the Resort’s doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandyport Beaches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort Bahamas/Nassau