“Good Value, Nice Accomodations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandyport Beaches Resort

Save Saved
You added Sandyport Beaches Resort to your Saves list
Sandyport Beaches Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay St, Sandyport | P.O. Box SP 63162, Nassau none, New Providence Island   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #4 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Austin
“Good Value, Nice Accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Sandyport is a good value for the budget-conscious traveler. In addition, the rooms at Sandyport are equipped with a mini-kitchenette and refrigerator which makes buying groceries and saving money on dining out a nice option. Sandyport is further away from the main attractions of Cable Beach and Paradise Island; however, with the money saved staying here, a rental car is affordable and opens up more of the island for exploring.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beaches Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Jessied1,

We are so pleased that you found Sandyport Beaches Resort Good Value. That is a great tip on choosing the studio, which has the mini kitchen. Those wishing more space and amenities will like the One Bedroom Deluxe suite which has a full kitchen dining/ living room and Jacuzzi tub. Great news that the money saved made the rental car affordable. The options of the casino shuttle at night and the number 10 bus in the day are available, which make getting around both convenient and even more affordable. The majority of activities also pick up from the resort included in the price.

We hope that you have sand in your shoes and will be back soon to visit us again.

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pacific Northwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

10 mins by car from the airport. Location was relatively easy to find (make sure you look for the white security guard house in the roundabout). Naomi was a pleasure to deal with entire trip. Free Internet (limited to 15 mins) is available by the front desk which has a printer attached. Wireless Internet is available for a fee from a 3rd party provider ($5.95/hr or $12.95/day).

Island orientation available every Sunday morning (includes complimentary continental breakfast). Third party outfit name Runaway Safari organizes reef snorkeling available Mondays and Thursdays, Land "Safari" on Tuesdays. BBQ dinner every Tuesday night ($25 for combo meal, $20 for steak, $15 for chicken, $10 for burgers). The chef running the shack by the pool serves breakfast/lunch/dinner (free Daiquris with dinner otherwise $6 for a 150ml serving); only catch is that you have to prepay for dinner so that he can go to market to procure the necessary ingredients. Beach is a 3 min walk under the overpass where is seems to be another restaurant with a wick patio (didn't get a chance to dine there). Only downside is that there isn't much of beach. Rooms were clean and adequate. Clientele seems to compose primarily of Latin American as well as older Europeans (ie, not much of a party atmosphere).

Will recommend as a 3 star hotel for the price point.

Room Tip: You can either get pool facing rooms or ones which front the channel (which IMHO are more private).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SandyportBeaches, Manager at Sandyport Beaches Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Mattiasdad,

Thank you very much for your very detailed review. I see that you are a Tripadvisor Top Contributor and have written reviews in more than 31 cities, Wow! Your praise is definitely high praise indeed and we thank you for your recommendation as “a great option if you are on a mid-range budget.”

We do have a tranquil atmosphere and are not a party resort as you point out. We do market ourselves in such a way as to discourage the Spring Break crowd. While we are fortunate to have an ever increasing global clientèle our guests are primarily American and Canadians.

We hope that you will stop back to Nassau on your future travels and that you will once again choose Sandyport.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I needed a place to stay overnight on my last night in the Bahamas before flying out the next day and found a good rate and availability at Sandyport.

I got the basic room with two queen beds. The room was small but we only needed a place to sleep and shower. The beds were pretty firm so if you like that, you're good to go. The resort itself was nice and near their beach. They had some pools and hammocks to relax and were near a couple places to eat.

It's not a fair evaluation for just an overnight stay but as a quick stay, it was fine. Room was clean and surroundings were nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JimTravels2010,

We are so pleased that you liked the resort and hope that the next time that you are in the area we might convince you to stay a little longer. We do have a number of guests that stay with us overnight before flights the next day as we are one of the closest hotels to the airport without being on the flight path.

It sounds as if you stayed in the Hotel Bedroom which is one of our smaller rooms. They do have 32”Flat screen TV’s, 2 Queen Size Beds, Desk, Coffee Maker and a Full Bathroom and if your plan is to laze on the beach, swim in the sea or while away the day in your hammock or just need a place to sleep before your journey onwards they definitely fit the bill. Wanting something a big bigger or with more amenities I would recommend our signature room, the one bedroom deluxe suite.

We hope to welcome you back in the future and to share the full Sandyport experience with you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Resort settings very tranquil and peaceful, cable beach is just across the road and the airport about 10-15 mins away. Rooms were clean and I loved the little kitchenette area. Reasonably priced and adequate for the traveller who does not remain on the hotel complex all day. It would be great if the hotel had it's own wi-fi as the public wifi is quite expensive and not very reliable. There is a computer for use in the foyer at the welcome desk though.
I would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Keizaa78,

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I am guessing from your review that you stayed in our Studio unit which has the kitchenette area. This room is ideal for the business traveler or a couple that want the convenience of a partial kitchen at an affordable price. Guests wanting a larger room with increased amenities may want to upgrade to the One Bedroom Deluxe Suite.

I am sorry that you had some concern over the reliability of the “public” wifi service. While competitively priced for the island we also want to improve upon its reliability. We hope to have good news on this front for 2013. We do as you pointed out offer complimentary internet access on the guest computer in the reception building.

We hope that we will see you in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I just came back from one of the best vacations I have had in a long time. I staid in the 3 bedroom with some friends and the staff were onderfull. It felt like we were the only ones there. anything we needed or wanted was given or found with no hesitation. We are already planing our next trip back in the near future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DawnMccurry,

We are so pleased that you had “one of the best vacations that you have had in a long time” and that you found the staff wonderful. The Three Bedroom Suite is fantastic when travelling with friends. Great to hear that you are planning your return trip already. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm not one to write a review, whether negative or positive; but the Sandyport Beaches and Resort are well deserving of a 5 STAR review. I've stayed at several properties in Nassau, and have found Sandyport to be the best choice all around. The room rates are great, the rooms and amenities in excellent condition. Its a home away from home. Friendly staff. Very quiet and safe surroundings. Conveniently located to all city life activities. I refer all my family and friends, who are also blown away by this property. This is not your everyday hotel. Check them out you wont be dissappointed.

Carlton Rolle

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carlton R,

Thank you so much for you excellent praise and your recommendation to your friends and family. We are working very hard on providing excellent value for money in fact it is part of our management philosophy.

I am not sure that we are deserving of “5 stars” as there are some amenities that a traditional 5 star hotel would offer that we do not, however, thank you so much for this high praise. We certainly aim for 5 star service and are regularly complimented on our hospitality. The majority of our rooms are the One Bedroom Deluxe Suite which offers so much more than a hotel room with a full kitchen and dining area along with a separate Master Bedroom and Jacuzzi tub. We are as you said “not your everyday hotel.”

Thank you so much for calling us “The best choice all around.” We are currently offering some excellent deals before Christmas so please do come and stay again soon as there is no better time for value.

Ottawa Hills, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I normally do not write a review or give feedback, but wanted to off of this visit. I can’t say enough positive things about our trip to Sandyort Resort in Nassau, Bahamas. My husband and I have 3 children and took a vacation alone to Sandyport. We were greeted with open arms by both the front desk and also another gentleman. The gentleman at the door took us to our room, made sure the air was just right and all our fans were on! It was a a great welcome after a long day of traveling. Our 1 bedroom deluxe unit was in great shape and had all the amenities of our home. The beautiful view of the canal was just breathe taking. Our first morning at Sandyport we were looking for the coffee place we had read about, but was not open (name is Nelly’s Café- over in Sandyport in the pink building- Opens at 9 am and they only take cash- went another day- a very cute place coffee and bar place). The security guard at the front was so kind to drive us in her golf cart over to the pool bar to see if we could get coffee there. That is where we had the privilege of meeting the Mr. Chef Cleveland! He was gracious to give us some coffee and helped us order our dinner with him for that evening. It was one of the best dinner we have ever had! Yummy food and great drinks for a fantastic price $25/person. You have to pay in the a.m. so he can go shopping for the food for that evening. He also serves breakfast/lunch if requested- different prices. We attended the overview the resort offers on Sunday that goes over all the things to do on the Island. They offered a great spread of fruit, donuts and coffee along with the presentation. (it is not a timeshare presentation, that is what my husband thought it might be) Highly recommend this! At this time you can sign up for snorkel trips, town tours, sunset cruises, photo sessions, barbeque dinner and so much more. We went with Big Al on his snorkel adventure and the town tour. It was such a great time and the adventure tour was one of the most fun times I have ever experienced. It was true Bahamain living and such an adventure! I had so much fun and it will be an experience that will be for a lifetime! I would recommend going to the market on Sunday with Big Al as he takes the resort guest free of charge to the local market to pick up supplies. Keep in mind it is close to double the cost of US food at the store, so be prepared. Also I did not bring enough cash. Everywhere accepts cash, much more than credit card. The taxi, the bus, the markets, tips etc. We also ate at the Twisted Lime at Sandyport, I thought it was a little pricey for the portions. We also ate at The Pub, we thought it was just a pub, but they offered food as well. It was such great food, off the chart! We had the Jerk chicken and Curry chicken, both phenomenal. Highly recommend. There is a bank on the grounds in case you need more money. We did photos with Candace of my husband and I. We hadn’t had professional photos since we were married. We had so much fun getting pictures on the beach and on the grounds. I loved the pool, it was a great temperature, the chairs are very comfortable and the setting is so relaxing. We walked over to the beach which is very convenient to the resort, up along the canal one evening and laid on the chairs, listening to the waves and had a surprise of fireworks up in the sky from over by paradise island. Such a surreal moment! I can’t say enough about Sandyport and what the Bahamas is and stands for. Getting a goodbye call from Lady Sarah and friendly welcome from Manager Vernon, it really is like a family at Sandyport. I had spent a lot of time reading reviews and books prior to arriving in Nassau and had some idea of what I wanted to do. Once I got to Sandyport and was able to hear all the opportunities right there on the resort it made my life that much easier. We also spent dinner down at Fish Fry, it was a great experience. The Jitney 10 bus is very convenient and takes you up and down the main drag way very easily. Only downside is it stops at 7 pm, so we had to leave dinner quickly not to miss. Cost is $1.25 each way. We also spent some time at The Daquiri Shack, yummy, yummy, yummy. It is right across the street from the Sheraton. I hope if you are going to Nassau, Bahamas and staying at Sandyport you have as great of an experience as my husband and I did. I felt like I have a different outlook on life after spending time in the Bahamas! Life changing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dream94,

We are so pleased that you “can’t say enough positive things” about us and that you had a “life changing” stay. Thank you for taking the time to write your very helpful review especially when you do not ordinarily write. You should write reviews though because you have included so many insider tips. Thank you so much for sharing.

We have a wonderful team at the resort and I am so pleased that you felt “it really is like family at Sandyport. We will continue to strive to give all of our guests “as great of an experience as (you) and your husband did.” We really hope to welcome you back to Sandyport in the future and perhaps meeting your three children.

Sandyport Beaches Resort

Been to Sandyport Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!