“Beautiful, but not the best beach for swimming” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Attraction Details
Odessa, FL
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, but not the best beach for swimming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Probably the most breathtaking view I have ever seen, however the waves were very intense. We are very strong swimmers and we were not comfortable going into the water. The waves also came ashore very fast with very little warning. We were knocked over just in ankle deep water. I still give it a good review b/c I think the best family photo I've ever taken came from here. ***NOT A GOOD BEACH TO GO TO WITH SMALL CHILDREN!!! ***** If you are looking to just relax on the beach and sunbathe, make this your place!!

Visited November 2012

South Pasadena, California
“Excellent except when it isn't”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Here's the deal: if the weather is calm then the waters are crystal clear. If you walk all the way to the east end of the beach, away from the resorts, you can snorkel and find some nice fish. If you don't want to walk the whole way along the beach you can walk along Paradise Drive: there's a public access point to the beach maybe a mile from the resorts. Much less crowded down this way. The snorkeling isn't spectacular but it is nice. We even saw a ray glide by. Near the shore the water is so clear you can see the fish looking down into the water. Some currents, but nothing too bad. But when the wind kicks up then the surf kicks up. We went back a second day and the water was totally different: choppy, not inviting. So it's basically luck of the draw, what you're going to get. If you get a nice day, it's a fun place -- and it's free, can't beat that.

Visited May 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“DANGEROUS, but gorgeous..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went to this beach on the recommendation of a cab driver. Gorgeous beach.. but exercise EXTREME caution. Apparently this beach is sometimes calm and ok for swimming.. but if you see any waves at all.. I wouldn't enter without some serious caution. We set our things down probably 30 feet from the surf. Within seconds a huge wave broke right on top of us and it was all I could do to pull my daughter out of the way. Lost some belongings, but they weren't worth going after. People were being drug out of the water left and right, collapsed on the beach, sick. It was scary. We ended up leaving. There is an intense current/undertow here. Please be VERY careful. Ankle deep water could easily knock you down. I've never seen anything like it. Beautiful beach if you just plan to sunbathe-- but observe for a few minutes before putting your things down. That water comes out of nowhere.

Visited October 2012
Fairfield, California
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Cabbage beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. I live in California and Cabbage beach does not compare to any of the rocky beaches of Northern California. The beach is crowded at the public entrance but it wanes once we go down the coastline. The sand is white and the water is crystal blue and so warm! There were water sports at the beach like jet skiing, parasailing and other fun activities. I saw people renting chairs from vendors at the entrance and drinks were available for purchase. I spent a hour at the beach and I wish I could've spent more time. I was on a cruise and only had a couple hours on the island. This beach was not a long drive from the cruise terminal. This is a definite must see if you ever go to Nassau!

Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida
“Fun Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great time on Cabbage beach! The locals trying to get you to do the banana boat rides and the jet skis are a little pushy but if you are stern they will leave you alone. We had coconut drinks on the beach for $20 with unlimited refills. We also rode the banana boat which was very fun!

Visited May 2013