“Better than expected.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Junkanoo Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Junkanoo Beach Resort to your Saves list
Junkanoo Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   West Bay & Nassau st, Nassau 8191, New Providence Island (Formerly Quality Inn Junkanoo Beach)   |
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here last weekend after getting stuck on the island due to bad weather and not being able to fly out. There were a couple events on the island that sucked up all the rooms at the better hotels and we were forced to take a room here. We were a little nervous, checking in especially when the front desk guy gave us the remote for our TV. The rooms were very simple, but here's the thing. Walking in the door, you kind of knew that you weren't at the Atlantis. But the next morning, I told the front desk girl, the room was clean, the AC ice cold and it never made a single rattle usually associated with a unit of that age, the tv worked, the toilet, shower and sink all worked. The sheets were clean, the bed a bit firm and the pillows instead of taking on the impression of my head, left their impression on my skull (in other words, they could have been a bit softer), but otherwise, it was everything a low end hotel should have been and more. And...and, breakfast came with the room and was pretty darn good. Fresh Bahamian bread and a toaster and I'm happy as a clam. There were other offerings, including Trix cereal which I didn't realize how much I missed, as well as tuna fish salad? Also both our rooms came with an ocean view and it's walking distance from señor frogs and fish fry row. So to be brutally honest, if you're looking for luxury, pay and stay at the Atlantis. If you're looking for a room for the night and have $79 plus tax and want to be cool and comfortable, pick the Junkanoo.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 6th floor it's a great view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gainesville, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This hotel does the job but it's not great. I thought the breakfast was actually pretty good but I imagine the earlier you go the better (I was there at 7:30 am). There was a lot of noise from the road -- cars, drunken people, etc. -- and it continued right through til dawn. If you're a light sleeper or sensitive to slightly dilapidated buildings don't stay here. If you're more of a bargain traveller that can handle a bit of peeling paint and some noise then go for it. It's a good deal and the internet works great and they also have a security guard at night.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Linkoping, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I would not say this place was a disaster but it was sure unpleasant. Small room, bed was crap, dust all over the place. The breakfast was really continental, WiFi went up and down. At night there were strange noise and people screaming until late. Anyway, as a single traveller I just needed a place to live and sure, it works, but would never go there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at Atlantis for 5 days, then Freeport for 5 days and then Junkanoo Beach Resort for 1 night. Best night of all the places. No, not 5-star, but $79 + tax per night is a great deal. On the main road, right across the street from the beach, within walking distance to Bay Street and to the Fish Fry and everything in between. Room was very large, we were overlooking the ocean/pool and had great air conditioning. TV, phone and plenty of room, 2 chairs, ,coffee table, large closet and bathroom. Bathroom a bit tight, but workable. Nice patio door, but did not open. No balcony but great view. Large beds, in good shape.

Sonia was wonderful at the front desk. Not impressed with breakfast though. Very sparse and was no coffee when we got there. But Dunkin and McD's only a couple of blocks walk. Great value, would recommend. Room was clean and pleasant.

Nice pool, clean well kept. Not very big, but kids enjoyed it. Loud celebration around the pool on Friday night, but music was done by 10:30, so good for those who like to party or those who want to sleep.

Would definitely recommend this hotel, maybe a day pass to Atlantis and have a great vacation. Do not waste your money staying at Atlantis, definitely NOT worth it. Stay here and get the best of all that Nassau has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ok so it is known that this place is not a 4 or 5 star hotel but as I did mention to the GM a little light spruce ups and it could be a 4 star. They are clean, the location is superb (I did not have to cab it anywhere) from downtown in one direction the to fish fry in the other direction. It seems like every room faces the front and has an ocean view (but don't take my word for it). The pool is modest but nice and lots of lounge area around the pool. There is something about this hotel that just captures me, i think its because the beach is like 10 footsteps from the hotel. Oh and not too far from the airport so cab is cheap ($28) but also not so close that you hear the planes. Again some light up keep and this place can boast even more. Also free laundry service (I didn't need it though). Last but not least wifi is better by the pool or early morning before too many people get on it. All in all if you are going to spend every minute in the hotel, GET A RESORT but if this is a place to sleep, dress and light relaxing between sightseeing then this is the place to be.

To save some money eat at the fish fry. It's a strip by the beach with tons of small restaurants with great food at modest prices, rather than burgers at Senor Frogs (it's the Bahamas baby!!!) And if you want more island music Sharkiez but for more American music Bambu.

I do want to thank Sonia, did not meet her but I can guarantee she will fix any problem and if it can't be fixed she definitely knows how to soothe her guest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor.

As General Manager I cannot hear enough about our guest reaction to the hotel and the location.
Our location is second to none.

We strive to listen and act as we hear from our guests.

Allow me to thank you on behalf of myself and my staff for your comments.

Come back and visit us again in the future.

South Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

In route to what I thought would be a fun Bahamian vacation I received an email that my hotel reservation for that night would not be honored despite the fact that the hotel confirmed it and that it was secured by a credit card. The hotel placed me in what turned out to be a seedy alternative hotel in a dangerous area of Nassau at a higher room rate. A skeptic might wonder if my room was sold to the highest bidder as it was Spring Break and rooms near the beach were completely booked. The order by which the hotel decided not to honor confirmed and secured reservations might also be of interest as I and at least 1 other dishonored reservation were booked at the cheapest available rate. Unless you are willing to entertain camping out with the sand fleas on the beach don't book here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

First, I want to apologies for any inconvenience that was cause by walking you to another hotel.
Moving you to another hotel was the hardest thing we had to do. Unfortunately, it was beyond our control.

We had a problem with our computer system that cause us to overbooked at that time. The problem has being already corrected and now running smoothly.

I apologies again.

Hope we have another opportunity to serve you.

Email:gm@junkanoobeachresort.com.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ok..so here goes. I decided on Bahamas, for the first time, to enjoy my birthday. After searching every website known for flights, hotels and vacation I decided on Junkanoo Beach Resort. I should note, I have not been back 24 hours yet and I'm terribly jet'lagged but I had to write my review. I initially decided on Junkanoo Beach Resort because management responded to every review posted on Trip Advisor....good or bad...that was a sign.
I booked my room and emailed management to ensure I had a room with a view. What a view it was!!!!! Posting pics soon. I arrived 3/7/2014. Spent 6 days. I had an awesome view of Junkanoo Beach and the limitless sky hovering over it. Let me say the Hilton is down the block with a view of McDonald's definitely not a plus. Anyway....the complimentary breakfast, served 7am to 10am, was great EVERY morning. The maintence staff, front desk staff and restaurant staff were all amazing. Oh, before I forget, you can request airport pickup...The hotel has wi-fi...kicks in and out...if you're on the upper floors, it works perfectly by the balcony. The pool is extremely clean. The grounds, well-manicured. The restaurant, a Caribbean feel. The hotel is not what most would consider "5-star" but guess what....a vacation is not the hotel; it's the fun you have decided to have...outside the hotel. The Fish Fry is a very short walk. The Straw Market, Senior Frog, and other shopping and hang out spots are all a 5-10 minute walk. Junkanoo Beach is a stone's throw away...spent 9 fabulous hours there then strolled back to my room. The hotel has a hut on the beach with free towels and chairs for your beach experience. I cannot say enough about this place....If you have the money for Atlantis, go there. If you are planning to have fun and remain in a reasonable budget stay at Junkanoo....you wont regret it!!!! Again, pics to come. Feel free to email me: nicolemarie310@yahoo.com

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying at the Junkanoo Beach Resort.

Allow me to thank you on behalf of myself and my staff for your comments. We strive to make our guests feel welcome and appreciate your complimentary review.

Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to your next visit with us.

P.S. very nice pictures.

Been to Junkanoo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!