“Clean, comfortable, quiet.inexpensive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Junkanoo Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Junkanoo Beach Resort to your Saves list
Junkanoo Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   West Bay & Nassau st, Nassau 8191, New Providence Island (Formerly Quality Inn Junkanoo Beach)   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Clean, comfortable, quiet.inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed at this hotel twice for two weeks each time. Both times we had a view of the Caribean and all of the arriving and departing cruise ships. Beach is right across the street, bus stops in front of hotel, 5 minute walk to shuttle to Atlantis, 10 minute walk to fish fry.stayed in and had pizza delivered. The name was the Nassau Junkanoo Beach the second time we stayed but same staff, Doug the manager is great and so is Sonya at the front desk. Stay here and walk or take the bus to your destination during the day and taxi at night, Free wi fi and continental breakfast. Did I forget to mention Kimberly, ask her where to shop, she is very pleasant. Thank you all

Room Tip: ask for ocean view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
SONIA B, Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words you posted on Trip Advisor.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us for the second time.
We are looking forward to serving you for the third time in the future.

Thank you again for your review.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My apologies for such a late review! My husband and I stayed at this hotel Mid August 2012. The price was reasonable. The staff was excellent! From the manager to the security! Everyone was very friendly, accomodating. Excellent customer service. I love the location of the hotel, junkanoo beach across the street, Fishfry down the street. I can't wait to return. Thank you to everyone who made our stay memorable. Dawnett from Cali

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for posting such kind words on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time and stay with us.

Hope to see you soon.
We are looking forward to it.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Nassau Junkanoo Resort as the property is now known is about 5 minutes walk from Downtown and right opposite Junkanoo beach which is a quiet little beach with a mixture of locals, guests and cruise ship passengers looking for the closest beach to the downtown port, which it is.

Nice location aside, the hotel has some problems, they have done a soft refurbishment on the property and the lobby and corridors are reasonably maintained, as is the exterior.
The rooms are sparse and decor is a little tired, but colourful, rooms have been painted, in a somewhat slap happy way. The TV blew up when I was there and my last night there was no power to half my room.

On check in you are asked to wear a wrist band that identifies you as a hotel guest, I assume it's part of their security measures?

The hotel is making an effort, however I feel they would be better off re-marketing the place as holiday apartments, which is closer to what the place is.

For those who don't mind roughing it, at $100 a night its good value for the Bahamas, although my advice would be to find the extra $60+ a night and stay near the stunning Cabbage beach on Paradise Is or on the over rated Cable beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Fruitport, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family had such a good time. The manager(I forgot her name, sorry)of this hotel, went out of her way to make our stay very nice. Can't say enough good things about the, very friendly, hard working(to make our stay, a pleasant one)hotel staff, maintenance people, restaurant staff etc...
The hotel is under remodeling, but even so, was a great place to stay(we stayed 10 days)very clean rooms, with excellent maid service every day, including mopping the tile floors every day, wow!! The maintenance, when needed, was also excellent. This hotel across from, a very nice, Junkanoo Beach, making an ocean swim just steps away, was one of may delights of our stay. Also because there were no obstructions of view(and this is exclusive to this hotel, from looking at the other hotels on this stretch of beach)from our balcony window, we watched the huge and beautiful, cruise ships sail into ports/docks, within our view, from our room. This was a, nice surprise, attraction, to our vacation, making this hotel all the more, 'the right choice". We did not stay in our room much, because there was so much to do(see map)in close proximity to the hotel. By bus $1.25 per person got you to most of the desired destinations. And the local people on the island were a treat to mingle with. From boat tour captains, taxi drivers, airport staff, blue lagoon staff, restaurant staff(senior frog, and many fish fry eateries etc...)and don't be afraid to bargain, for items of interest, when you shop at the straw market.
Yes, the news of Hurricane Issac, was disturbing, and we almost cut our vacation stay short, because of it. But ya know what, the Manager, hotel staff, maintenance staff, took the time to, comfort us, and reassure us, it would be ok. and every precaution, for our safety would be taken, in the wake of the storm. Bottom line, the locals, with years of living there, were not at all worried, about Issac, and we stayed, experiencing only(on the last day of our stay)one day of 40*MPH winds and maybe 2inches of rain, the locals were right!! Best of all this hotel's room rate, was so reasonable, it allowed our family to experience much more of the Bahamas, than we would have otherwise been able to. After all, isn't experiencing as much as possible(not a hotel room)on an exotic, possibly, once-in-a lifetime, vacation, what it is all bout? So when going, do your pocketbook and yourself a favor, stay here, and enjoy, doing lots of OTHER ENJOYABLE THINGS, on the island(because of the money you'll save in room expenses)

Room Tip: Just ask, for a better one, if not pleased, they will go out of their way to make it right for you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SONIA B, Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thanks for your amazing review on Trip Advisor.

I'm happy to hear that my team and myself made your experience with us a memorable one.
Our staff is one of a kind and strives to make every guest feel comfortable at Junkanoo Beach Resort.

We can't wait to see you in the near future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Vomit on walls, cracked forniture and cealing, stained sheets, rust on toilet paper holder and bathtub, semen (or whatever else) stains on walls, dirty closet with just one hanger...and fortunaletly for you I can not send you a picture of the smell...
Service was horrible. I requested to be move to a different room and my request was not honored. I requested hangers...and still waiting...
I understand it was an economic hotel...but it was almost 100$ a night...I was not expecting luxury accomodation...but a decent and clean room...I was forced to get a bottle of bleach (which was not easy to get in the Bahamas) to clean the bathroom myself every day!!!
A horrible experience that totaly ruined my vacation

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor.

We are under new management and have spent a significant amount of money upgrading the property. I am very disappointed to read the problem you encounter while at the hotel.

I assure you that the bleach on the wall has been rectified.
As part of our routine maintenance on going program all concerns are been addressed. We could not find any evidence of any smell, however housekeeping staff were put on alert to prevent this happening again.

I wish you had given me the opportunity while on property to assist you more.
I apologize to you for not receiving your hangers and the changing of the room.

I would be very grateful if you contact me directly to discuss your feedback further.

Email: gm@nassaujunkanooresort.com
Telephone # (242) 322-1515
Cellphone (242) 422-0266
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Less than 5 min walk to downtown Nassau and the straw market. Very clean! Washroom was spotless & clean towels and linens every day. Complimentary breakfast which has milk and juice as well as toast, bagel, muffins & more. Nice entry way and friendly staff. Short elevator ride up to my room & I had a beautiful view of Junkanoo Beach & the cruise ship port. A short walk from
The fish fry and many other great eateries :) I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2011
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
First, of all Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay and was able to make use of our excellent location.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel in the future.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed three nights. First night, asked to see the room before moving in. Room on the second floor was horrible. Ugly interior. holes in the wall, ugly bedding. The room the 5th floor was better.. but blanket in room had large holes. The room was okay, however, the hotel needs to buy new beddings and make rooms more consistent.. especially with rates being $107 per night. room was worth 50-60$ max, not $107 per night. at least put bottled water in the rooms if you're going to charge that much.

enjoyed the free coffee/tea in the lobby. great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SONIA B, Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your reviews we are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received.
I assure you that these issues has been address and we will continue to monitor and improve the quality of our service.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.
Your business is valued, and we hope your future travel plans to the Bahamas will have our hotel in it.