“Excellent vacation 8/17-27/2012(yes we experienced Issac)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Junkanoo Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Junkanoo Beach Resort to your Saves list
Junkanoo Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   West Bay & Nassau st, Nassau 8191, New Providence Island (Formerly Quality Inn Junkanoo Beach)   |
Ranked #14 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Fruitport, Michigan
“Excellent vacation 8/17-27/2012(yes we experienced Issac)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family had such a good time. The manager(I forgot her name, sorry)of this hotel, went out of her way to make our stay very nice. Can't say enough good things about the, very friendly, hard working(to make our stay, a pleasant one)hotel staff, maintenance people, restaurant staff etc...
The hotel is under remodeling, but even so, was a great place to stay(we stayed 10 days)very clean rooms, with excellent maid service every day, including mopping the tile floors every day, wow!! The maintenance, when needed, was also excellent. This hotel across from, a very nice, Junkanoo Beach, making an ocean swim just steps away, was one of may delights of our stay. Also because there were no obstructions of view(and this is exclusive to this hotel, from looking at the other hotels on this stretch of beach)from our balcony window, we watched the huge and beautiful, cruise ships sail into ports/docks, within our view, from our room. This was a, nice surprise, attraction, to our vacation, making this hotel all the more, 'the right choice". We did not stay in our room much, because there was so much to do(see map)in close proximity to the hotel. By bus $1.25 per person got you to most of the desired destinations. And the local people on the island were a treat to mingle with. From boat tour captains, taxi drivers, airport staff, blue lagoon staff, restaurant staff(senior frog, and many fish fry eateries etc...)and don't be afraid to bargain, for items of interest, when you shop at the straw market.
Yes, the news of Hurricane Issac, was disturbing, and we almost cut our vacation stay short, because of it. But ya know what, the Manager, hotel staff, maintenance staff, took the time to, comfort us, and reassure us, it would be ok. and every precaution, for our safety would be taken, in the wake of the storm. Bottom line, the locals, with years of living there, were not at all worried, about Issac, and we stayed, experiencing only(on the last day of our stay)one day of 40*MPH winds and maybe 2inches of rain, the locals were right!! Best of all this hotel's room rate, was so reasonable, it allowed our family to experience much more of the Bahamas, than we would have otherwise been able to. After all, isn't experiencing as much as possible(not a hotel room)on an exotic, possibly, once-in-a lifetime, vacation, what it is all bout? So when going, do your pocketbook and yourself a favor, stay here, and enjoy, doing lots of OTHER ENJOYABLE THINGS, on the island(because of the money you'll save in room expenses)

Room Tip: Just ask, for a better one, if not pleased, they will go out of their way to make it right for you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SONIA B, Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thanks for your amazing review on Trip Advisor.

I'm happy to hear that my team and myself made your experience with us a memorable one.
Our staff is one of a kind and strives to make every guest feel comfortable at Junkanoo Beach Resort.

We can't wait to see you in the near future.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Destin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Vomit on walls, cracked forniture and cealing, stained sheets, rust on toilet paper holder and bathtub, semen (or whatever else) stains on walls, dirty closet with just one hanger...and fortunaletly for you I can not send you a picture of the smell...
Service was horrible. I requested to be move to a different room and my request was not honored. I requested hangers...and still waiting...
I understand it was an economic hotel...but it was almost 100$ a night...I was not expecting luxury accomodation...but a decent and clean room...I was forced to get a bottle of bleach (which was not easy to get in the Bahamas) to clean the bathroom myself every day!!!
A horrible experience that totaly ruined my vacation

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor.

We are under new management and have spent a significant amount of money upgrading the property. I am very disappointed to read the problem you encounter while at the hotel.

I assure you that the bleach on the wall has been rectified.
As part of our routine maintenance on going program all concerns are been addressed. We could not find any evidence of any smell, however housekeeping staff were put on alert to prevent this happening again.

I wish you had given me the opportunity while on property to assist you more.
I apologize to you for not receiving your hangers and the changing of the room.

I would be very grateful if you contact me directly to discuss your feedback further.

Email: gm@nassaujunkanooresort.com
Telephone # (242) 322-1515
Cellphone (242) 422-0266
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Less than 5 min walk to downtown Nassau and the straw market. Very clean! Washroom was spotless & clean towels and linens every day. Complimentary breakfast which has milk and juice as well as toast, bagel, muffins & more. Nice entry way and friendly staff. Short elevator ride up to my room & I had a beautiful view of Junkanoo Beach & the cruise ship port. A short walk from
The fish fry and many other great eateries :) I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2011
SONIA B, General Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
First, of all Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay and was able to make use of our excellent location.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel in the future.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed three nights. First night, asked to see the room before moving in. Room on the second floor was horrible. Ugly interior. holes in the wall, ugly bedding. The room the 5th floor was better.. but blanket in room had large holes. The room was okay, however, the hotel needs to buy new beddings and make rooms more consistent.. especially with rates being $107 per night. room was worth 50-60$ max, not $107 per night. at least put bottled water in the rooms if you're going to charge that much.

enjoyed the free coffee/tea in the lobby. great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SONIA B, Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your reviews we are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received.
I assure you that these issues has been address and we will continue to monitor and improve the quality of our service.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.
Your business is valued, and we hope your future travel plans to the Bahamas will have our hotel in it.

Great Abaco Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and i stayed here a few times and find the rooms to be clean,the beds are ok,its not a 5 star,but its good enough for nights stay.The resort is just 10mins walking distance from the town so everything is within your reach.I would recommend this resort if your on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SONIA B, Manager at Junkanoo Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that you appreciated the cleanliness of our hotel room.
Our hotel is very proud of it's level of service and cleanliness.
We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value but comfortable clean accommodation.

Thank you for sharing your review with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The best thing about this hotel was its location being right across the street from Junkanoo Beach, and within walking distance to downtown Nassau. The lobby area was also quite spacious and welcoming, with a beautifully stained reception desk on one side and a floor to ceiling mirror on the other side. Apart from those characteristics there was little else to like about this property. First, the elevator was out of order during my entire stay. Then the room assigned to me was adorned with cheap, hideous-looking curtains, linen and bed covering. Though I would add that it did have some character with its crown molding. The bathroom was awful with rust and stains visible. The toilet tank lever would not automatically reset after flushing. There was also no remote control for the television, neither was there any telephone in my room. Upon check-in, I was never informed about a safe in the closet which required a lock and key available from the front desk. My biggest issue though, was the amount of shady activity and commotion that occurred there at nights. Surely not the best spot for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you have encountered while staying with us. Many improvements have been made to our rooms and property.
Our maintenance staff is working diligently to keep up with improvements.
The feedback we recieved from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention as we pride ourselves in excellent customer service.
Hope to see you soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel may not look like much on the outside, but the hospitality is warm & inviting on the inside! Don't judge a book by it's cover, until you stay here! This hotel is perfect for someone who doesn't care about all the little pampering & luxuries so much, and wants to just be close to where all the action, shopping, and beaches are. The front desk staff are so friendly, they even washed up all of my laundry for me, even when the washers weren't even for public use at that hour of day! I was completely out of clothes, and they were so nice to accommodate my needs! This hotel is directly across the street from Junkanoo Beach, plenty of bar & grills, and a 5-10 minute walk to downtown Nassau and all of it's attractions. This hotel offers free continental breakfast, although it's nothing special, the pool is mediocre, and the hotel cleanliness could've been a little better overall. This hotel is not your dream getaway in paradise type of hotel, but if you are just in town to wing it with some buddies, or solo like I was, just doing the touristy stuff, this place is for YOU! You won't even need to hale a cab or bus! Save $$$ !!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water has traffic noise as well. It's a mixture of good view, with traffic.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a clean and comfortable accommodations.
We are fortunate to be in such a nice location.
Glad to hear that we were able to help with your laundry.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Hotel Manger

Been to Junkanoo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!