“Surprisingly Good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Danville, Virginia
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We took a chance on this restaurant in the "Fish Fry" area in Nassau and were glad we did. My husband ordered the grilled grouper and enjoyed it. My entree was the grilled snapper which turned out to be a foil pouch filled with wonderful accompaniments to the whole snapper: green peppers, onions and plantains -all baked/grilled in a slightly sweet, lemon butter sauce. Included were equally nice Bahamian sides of slaw, rice, and Mac and cheese.
Our server, Leroy, was quite the gentleman and took perfect care of us.
Prices were reasonable, especially for Nassau. Our bill was $59 for two drinks, our dinner, and tip.

Visited September 2012

“Fun watering Hole”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

A nice open air restaurant and bar with authentic Bahamian food and a great selection of local seafood. Relaxed island setting, no bells and whistles. Jeans and T's with a big appetite is all that's required. Be prepared interaction with the locals as the tables are close together and the locals are friendly.

Visited October 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Frankie Gone Bananas...and I went BALLISTIC!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I were spending our second of three nights in Nassau and we found this place while driving around...it was also in the “tourist” brochures...

We were seated on the upper level by a wonderful host named Phillip...a very gracious man with manners and couth...a real gentleman! He said he’d be back to check on us and to see how our meal and service was...

Our young male server came over and took our order. Sue ordered a glass of wine and I had a local beer. We ordered the Jerk Chicken Snack to start. It was very good. We then ordered our mains, Sue had the Grilled Chicken and I had the Cracked Conch...both were quite good.

Throughout the evening, Phillip did indeed check with us. We didn’t mention that our waiter had taken Sue’s wine glass away prior to her finishing it...

As it was a busy Friday night, I motioned to our waiter for the bill. He gave it to us and with the gratuity already included, we left cash, took our bill and left. As we left, we thanked the local band who were playing outside...they were great!

We were approximately 100 yards down the street when our male waiter came up to us by surprise and tapped me on the shoulder and said “you shorted me!” I quickly responded with “no, I didn’t.” He once again accused me of shorting him on the bill. He even had the exact amount of cash we left at the table in his hands, US$57.00 dollars as the bill was US$55.65 dollars. I said quite emphatically “I don’t short people!” He was making a real issue over it and then stated he presented us the wrong bill and I said...”you have the audacity to follow us down the street, accuse me of shorting you and then say you gave us the wrong bill...” I promptly turned on my heels and walked quite quickly back to the restaurant and saw Phillip at the bottom of the stairs and proceeded to tell him what just occurred.

He was most apologetic...and could not believe what happened...all the while our young male server was inside telling the female manager what had occurred, she then came outside and said to me that I wanted to see her. I told her what had happened and it seems that our server tried to change the order of the events, but Sue (my better half) provided an independent third party recollection of what transpired. I said “sometimes in business mistakes occur and sometimes you have to eat those mistakes, but no one accuses me of shorting them.”

We then left the restaurant totally disgusted with what took place.

The food and service for the most part were good...but make sure you get the right bill or some will hunt you down and then you’ll have to “Go Bananas” too!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nassau, New Providence Island
“The best food, service and view in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I enjoy the best conch fritters in town every Friday evening. It is the best place to go and relax after a hard days work. The service is just wonderful and the best view in town.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lk Stevens Wa
“Good fish fry stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Good food, good service, reasonable price... All at the same place are not common at the fry.
Live music also was good. For the four times we ate at the fry...this was the best.

• Visited June 2012