“DELICIOUS!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Starke, Florida
“DELICIOUS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I asked multiple locals where the best place to eat is and this is where we were directed. We were not disappointed at all! First, these were the most delicious conch fritters. They are HUGE, fluffy on the outside and buttery on the inside. The conch is such a unique flavor that needs to be experienced without frying the flavor out of it. You will get it here. They know how to enhance the flavor best. We also had the mango fried fish and it was love at first bite. I could have eaten that for a week straight and not tired of it. The sides we tried were macaroni and cheese (amazing), potato salad (delicious) and beans and rice (a little dry). Second, the place is small by cozy and decorated nicely. The bathroom was extremely clean (second floor) and the waitress was nice but not overbearing. We would DEFINITELY come back here again.

Fort Lee, Virginia, United States
“I will be back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The experience was fantastic. This is not a Straw Market. You dine in Da Fish Fry to get a local experience. You dine in Drifters to get good food and friendly service. The owner was so friendly and nice that I will recommend this establishment every time. I read the other reviews and I must say that negotiation goes a long way when you are in a different country. I can't imagine the owner throwing someone out for asking a question. We went on a Sunday-it's like Sunday at the park back in the day. It's a block party and the place to be!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food; Annoying atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Really enjoyed our meals of grouper fingers at Twin Brothers and conch fritters at Goldies. Did NOT like the harassing nature of the regulars at the Fish Fry.....Really does more harm than good in attracting you to a restaurant...! REALLY loved the restaurants, their servers and the food.
Somebody should STOP the practice of shepherding diners to their restaurants as most will be there regardless of the pressure put forward

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“RUDE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have been to Drifters before and found it adequate. The food was decent and the service was slow. Nothing to write home about. However, the experience that my friends just had at Drifters was completely unacceptable! They ordered their food and waited approximately 50 minutes for the waitress to return. She said that my friend's pork chop was still frozen- ew- and that was the reason for the delay. A while later she brought the meals, incomplete and missing food that was specifically ordered. My friend pointed out the mistake and the waitress told her it wasn't ordered and didn't come with the meal. After such a long wait, they asked to see the manager.

Without any explanation, the owner THREW THEM OUT of the restaurant. He said, "If you don't like the service here, you can leave." My friend asked if she could explain the situation and again he said, "Leave." He then went over to the door and held it open for them until they left.

I can't believe that an owner of ANY restaurant would literally kick out his customers before even taking a moment to understand the problem! As a frequent visitor to the Bahamas, this is totally unacceptable to me. There are too many wonderful and friendly places to eat in Nassau without dealing with rude servers and owners! The food is not good enough to excuse this type of unprofessionalism. My advice is SKIP DRIFTERS.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami Gardens, Florida
“Stay far away from this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

After 50 minutes of waiting, the waiter came out and explained that, "they are trying their best to get the food out, but the meat was frozen and it would be a wait". About 10 minutes later, my dish came out, but not as I ordered it. I sent it back and the owner of the restaurant came out and told me that if I do not like the service the restaurant provides, I can leave. He was very abrupt and sarcastic. I attempted to explain that it was sent out not as the waiter described, and he asked me and my family to leave. I was very shocked and upset about the service I received...

• Visited March 2012