Just returned from a 3 night stay at SRB. Can not say anything bad about this resort.
Arrived at the airport on FridayJune 10th, went up to the Sandals desk, checked in for our tranfers, they were running 5 minutes late which wasn't a big deal because you have to fill out a sheet of paper. After 5 minutes our ride was there, with surprise it was a nice white stretch limo. It was about a 15 minute ride to the hotel. As soon as we got there the bell boys took our bags and we went ahead and checked in. They gave us champagne and a nice cool face cloth. Our rooms weren't ready so they escorted us to lunch. They told us to return at 2pm to get our room key. After eating lunch we explored the resort a little bit. Our room was in the Manor building, so we hung out there we vistited the spa and also the gym. The gym has great views that you definetly have to see.
We go back at 2 our room is ready we were number 323 on the 3 floor view of a tree, but if they cut it down it would of been oceanview. The room was nothing exciting just a normal hotel room with a 4 post bed a normal size bathroom, no bar, no balcony. Only a step out balcony nothing huge. Our bags were up in the room when we got there.
We then went down to the beach, and because Tropical Storm Arlene was around it was an overcast day and very windy but still in the high 80's. The beach is small but very nice, and there is a huge pool on the manor side along with the windsor side. There are jacuzzi everywhere you go from hot to cold water. Your pick. The swim up bar is also nice with a nice selection of drinks.
Because we were only there for a couple of nights we decided not to make any reservations for the restaurants we did eat at Spices, which is the international buffet restaurant which is a good dinner, and also the Italian restaurant also very good. Alot of people also said they enjoyed the Crystal Room.
On Saturday we took a ride into town, very safe and convenient. Take bus #10 for $1 very easy it takes you right into town you can do shoppig at the Straw Market and there are a lot of stores that we have in the states but just remember you odn't pay any taxes there so either way it's a good deal. The have a lot of our stores like Tommy, Polo, Tiffany's, a lot of suvneior stores, a candy store, ice cream, little markets. Everything you look for is there. While we were in town we had lunch at the Hard Rock cafe it was very good there. And while you are shopping at the straw market if you don't want somethng just say no thank you and they leave you a lone, always try to get the price down as they are just looking to make a buck either way.
Sunday was v ery hot as the storm had passed us, we went to the off shore island. So relaxing over there, you must go, the boat leaves every hour. We went at 10 am which is the first boat ride over and for the first hour there was maybe 6 people on the island. The island is very nice we a jacuzzi, pool, restaurant, swimup bar and a huge beach. People will ride there jet skis by and ask you if you want to ride again they are just looking to make a buck so if they say $30 for 1/2 hr you can get them down to $20 VERY EASY.
All in all, it was a very nice restaurant, I would defiently recommend it to anyone, if anyone is looking to do a destinaiton wedding that would be a great place so many weddings going on at all times, and beautiful locations. The food is great, the drinks are great, staff is so friendly.
Feel free to e-mail if you have any questions, Jillanson@excite.com
If you need pics or any informations just e-mail me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau