I have been to the Caribbean a few times including Mexico a couple times, Jamaica and St. Maarten. This was my first trip to a Sandals and I was down there to attend a wedding so I didn't pick the place. I would have probably chosen it given the amenities they offer and the reviews I saw. I would never go back to this resort though and don't know if I will attempt to stay at any other Sandals.
The rooms were fairly nice, spacious with nice beds. We were in a mid level priced room so we had a stocked bar which had juices and water as well as alcohol. The alcohol was low shelf, rail quality. The tub was big but for some reason it was quite high. I am tall and it took some effort to step into it. My girlfriend is not tall and had trouble including falling once very bad on her elbow. The nurse was nice though.
The decor in the hotel is OK. Some of the pictures were torn down, scratched up or written on. We had a special concierge attendant but she was the attendant for an entire complex so no special attention whatsoever.
The pools were very nice. The time of year we went made for chilly water but that's not the resorts fault. We still managed to get in and swim up to the bar. The bar is nicely stocked and the bartenders seemed knowledgeable. They also have a list of tropical drinks that were quite good. Great place to meet people too.
The activities were quite good and fun. The activity directors have lots of energy and like to get people involved. You have to take part in activities to get your sandals. Don't be thinking the sandals you earn are anything great. Just some little leather sandals on a beaded leather necklace. The drinking games were a good time. Play Captain Puff Puff if you go.
Now the food. When I consider how much we paid to go to the best rated Sandals resort, I believe I should have walked away from every meal thinking, "That was very tasty." This is not the case at all. One meal we had was pretty good. The rest ranged from OK too BLAGH! If you decide to eat on the private island, be prepared to be eaten yourself. Lots of bugs. The island is also shared so only a small part of it belongs to Sandals. There are lots of options to choose from as far as eating but none of them are great. We ended up eating off resort the last two nights because we were sick of it. Go to the fish fry!
There isn't much nightlife at the pub or the disco. Some nights draw a bit of a crowd but for the most part, it's dead. We had the most fun hanging out in the hot tub and chatting with other guests.
It's tough looking back saying DON'T go to this resort until I look at the price tag. In NO WAY is it worth that much money. You should have no worries about anything besides weather and the airlines for that much money. I think about what I could have spent that on and I want to cry. For half the price, it would have been worth the trip. Ye be warned!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Amex, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.