“Lovely Couples resort (Day pass)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Air Credit SPECIALS!!
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely Couples resort (Day pass)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Beautiful property with great dining options. If you're looking for a relaxing vacation with upscale accommodations this is the resort for you. The beach is amazing, the bartenders and waiters are always available to serve your every need, whether you want a drink or food service by the pool or beach. I found that to a great perk to coming to Sandals.

Stayed October 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,501)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Of course, the first adult only vacation my husband and I took in 6 years and hurricane Joaquin decided to join along. Although Nassau wasn't directly hit, air travel and ocean conditions were a nightmare. After 6 flights and 4 cancellations in 24 hours and being stranded in ft lauderdale we arrived a day late. Due to all the flight cancellations a lot of people were stranded in Nassau and room reservations were a mess.
TIFFANY B. was the best!!! She really tried hard (and made it happen) to get us into the right room.
Buyer beware though. I've never booked at a Sandals and I felt their advertising is a bit deceptive. I didn't know it's not always 100% all inclusive. Not all rooms come with a mini bar and not all restaurants are included. It depends which "level" you are. I still don't understand how it all works, but if you are just an average booking, you don't get everything included. Once we were moved out of the Windsor tower, into one of the separate suites we were happy. I think when we got there, due to the hurricane, we were just thrown in a room, which had no bar, no balcony and we really felt had not been cleaned, had flooding issues, blood on wall, only 2 towels, etc. After 1 night of that I couldn't stay there any longer. HOWEVER, Tiffany B made it right for us and we really enjoyed the rest of our trip. Even with the island being closed for most of our trip and the surf being so rough it was really difficult to go in the water.
Once Joaquin went on his way, and the island was open, we got to relax in paradise. Everyone is so incredibly nice and will do anything for you. The food and drinks were amazing and even with our trip starting off rough, we had a great time due to the efforts of the staff! We would definitely go back!

Stayed October 2015, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Sandals Royal Bahamian, October 3-10, 2015
From the moment we arrived, I knew that this was going to be a fabulous vacation!
We were greeted at the Club Sandals lounge by Daniel and Latora and given cool towels and champagne. Registration was easy via Ipad and we were escorted to our suites. The luggage was brought up shortly thereafter. We stayed in the Windsor Tower on the fifth floor. The room had beautiful furniture, a soaking tub and the balcony offered a spectacular view of the pool, private island and Caribbean Sea.
The food never failed. The thoroughly enjoyed the many dining options available. I loved being able to try new foods without the pressure of worrying that I would order something that I wouldn’t enjoy. On several occasions, I couldn’t choose between two options and the servers brought me a little bit of each!
Each day we dined at a different restaurant. For breakfast, our favorite was Spices. A buffet was offered daily. We were greeted by the hostess, Gaynell and she was always smiling and happy to see us. The omelets made by Clavon were fantastic. I also enjoyed the fruit and yogurt parfaits and cheese turnovers.
Spices also had a lunch buffet that changed daily and a sit down menu for dinner. The evening that we dined there, my husband couldn’t decide and Tamika brought him both the pork pepper pot and jerk chicken and he loved both. I had the lobster tail. On a different evening, we stopped at Spices for dessert. I had hoped for chocolate cake. When this wasn’t on the menu, Gaynell offered to get me chocolate cake from another restaurant. It only took a few moments and Tamika presented us with two pieces of chocolate cake to go.
At Cassanova, the Italian restaurant, we were blown away by the antipasto bar which was about 16 feet long!
Kimonos was a fun Japanese style steakhouse. We were entertained by Philip as he sang and prepared our food table side. The sushi was fantastic.
Gordon’s on the Pier is the resorts premier restaurant. Colton was our server and brought my husband turf and turf when he didn’t want the surf.
My favorite dining experience was at Baccarat, the French restaurant. We had a tasty puff pastry appetizer. I ordered the duck and my husband the steak. They were both cooked perfectly. Our servers, Kdoy and Dahron were great! When mentioned that we didn’t have enough nights to dine at the Crystal Room, Kdoy brought us the Crystal Room signature dish and drink; Lamb Shank and Rosemary Gin Fizz. I had never had lamb before and it was so tender and flavorful!
On our last night, we had the private candlelight dinner on the beach. Our server Quincy was quite entertaining. The food was again fabulous! Chef Adrian came out to our table to make sure that we were enjoying our meal.
Other dining options for lunch were The Royal Café; awesome nachos and chocolate covered ice cream sandwiches. Stew Fish served lunch on the private island for lunch and dinner. We didn’t have dinner there. The day we had lunch there was a limited menu available. The conch chowder was amazing!
We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and also renewed our wedding vows. Sandals calls this “Re-tie the Knot.” The planning process for the ceremony started months ago and it was fun working with our pre-planner, Tabia “Amy” Josephs. At the resort, we worked with Ashandie and Shauna Lee. It was so fun having a wedding cake tasting; the yellow cake with pina colada filling was divine! All the details were planned the day before. The day of the ceremony, we had spa services at the Red Lane Spa. The ceremony was performed by Reverend “Hutch” and we loved it! The photographer, Jermaine, was great too and took beautiful photos of our day.
I can’t forget to mention the awesome bartender, Kent, from the Windsor pool swim up bar. He always made me the perfect fruity drink!
Finally, on our last night, Omar and Daniel at the Club Sandals desk helped prepare our remaining wedding cake to take home by putting it in the freezer.
It was so sad leaving this gorgeous place! I would change nothing about our stay, except maybe next time, I want a butler. We didn’t encounter a “no” during our stay except when it was followed by “no problem.” I have already started planning our next Sandals vacation!

Room Tip: higher floors, windsor tower, pool and ocean view. beautiful views of sunset
South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We visited out home away from home The first week in August as an early celebration for my husband's birthday as his birthday was going to fall just as the kids started school. We have been to this resort 11 times 9 within the last two years we consider this out home away from home. And every single employee a friend or family member . We always stay butler class because it is just so worth the extra money. Always get the same butler team Yorlet ( who is simply the best butler they have) , Gemayal, and Mark ( he was on vacation this time though). We have a favorite room 1601 Windsor building simply the best room on the resort not only is it HUGE with a dining area , a wet bar , sink, refrigerator fully stocked, then a den like seriously as big as my first apartment's den was with a couch , two nice chairs, and a coffee table, and end tables with lamps, and an additional dresser with a big flat screen TV, a full size bedroom with king bed, wonderful linens and a dresser , two night stands , lamps and another big flat screen TV, access to the large balcony from the den or the bedroom, a HUGE bathroom double closets, double sinks with plenty of counter space for tons of toiletries which I bring a lot of , separate entrance into the toilet room with huge tub. I swear the room is bigger than my first apartment and this is coming from someone who lives in a 10 thousand square foot house, but to top it off the VIEW is simply stunning! Not only do you get the view of the ocean but downtown Nassua from the other way. You can watch the cruise ships coming in in the wee hours of the morning and watch them leave again in the evening and a special treat if they leave at night all lite up.We always request that room and book in that category but that room isn't always available but all the rooms in that category are the same size . We were lucky enough ( thank you x100 to Diana the butler mgr) to get our favorite room this time , I swear if I could buy it as a vacation condo I would! Ok enough about the room all the rooms are nice seriously I have seen them and they all are very nice . First you may ask why why do we come to this Sandals so often ? Well we have been traveling to different Sandals and beaches resorts for over ten years we found this little gem and now we can't stop coming ( I think we need a 12 step program for our addiction to this resort) but honestly it is the STAFF!!!!! They are simply the best! Just in 2015 we have been in Jan, April, May, and August hopefully we will get at least one more in this year. Last year we came 6 times. I know we must really like it, WE DO!!!!! Let me hit in all the key points of the resort and all the employees that stand out.

Arrival - when you land you make your way through customs very quickly get your bags and proceed through immigration totally the easiest island ever and I have been through a lot of them but I think even my teenagers could figure this system out they have it down perfect and smoothly then you proceed to the Sandals lobby which is very nice and in all our trips we have never waited more than a few minutes for our transfer to the resort. Now if you book butler level then you get a private car ( Mercedes, or rolls Royce we even got a limo once surprised us) , if not than you get a nice air conditioned van. It is only a 15 min ride from the airport to the resort which is great. You are greeted like kings and queens ( or family) with nice refreshing towels and taken to the check in area . With butler service this only takes maybe 20 mins because most of your check in is done in your room. That is where we get the warm welcome of the smiling Diana!!! Oh if you arrive early check in time I believe is 3 pm we always take the 11 am flight make sure you pack a bag like a backpack where you can put your bathing suit in and a change of clothes in case your room is not yet ready. We have never waited more than an hour or so for our room to be ready but we always pack the bag and change in the restroom so we can get straight to vacationing.

Beach- because I know we all come for the crystal clear blue waters . Honestly the beach is not huge on the main resort but it is plenty big enough for the size of this resort as this Sandals is one of the smaller ones but do go to the private island the boat starts running at 10 am runs every hour until I believe 4. The brach there is AMAZING. Go to the backside of the island it is HUGE. I will write more about that later.

Pools- there are two main pools that are very large. The quiet one near the Balmour tower and the party one near the Windsor tower, there is at least one other one back in the villas somewhere but I have never used it . Both have swim up bars . I can't say much about the bartenders at the quiet pool because that's not where I hang out. But the bartenders at the party pool are fun and engaging. I have read a lot of negative reviews about the bartenders there but what I have learned is just take the time to get to know them , talk to them be polite and remember they have hundreds of people yelling drink orders at them all the time. And your on island time . Make friends with them and you won't wait for a drink. Shout out to my favorite Gervin!!!! They even have waitresses going around picking up cups and asking if you need anything not all the time but a lot of the time and you won't find that at other Sandals. Also they carry the good stuff when it comes to liquor compared to the resorts in Jamaica. The playmakers keep the music going and the games going all day and then they entertain you at night. They work hard but I will talk about them separately. But when they are doing request for songs and dancing ask for the big bamboo song Kendall , Bullet and Peter are hilarious for that one you may have to ask a few times but when they do it it is hilarious, also dirty dancing I've had the time of my life acted out OMG I almost peed in the pool laughing so hard.

Food- lets just say if you go home hungry or unhappy about the food here you must be a chef or have your own. The food is GREAT! Our favorites are Bacarats, Crystal room , Casanovas, pizza place ( like seriously everyday Greek pizza in the afternoon) , the Royal grill but I prefer to have our butler bring us that because it is honestly sloooooow, and san day cay on the island , the chef there always makes me the burger with just meat Swiss cheese and avacodo and she seasons it perfectly. I have 8 food allergies one of them being shellfish and another hard one onion it is in everything but they always send the chef out to let me know what I can have and work around a rather large amount of allergies which all can send me into anaphylactic shock and they do it with a smile on their face!!! Seriously though not sure who the chef over at sandals cay ( the private island ) is but her burgers are so good and I don't normally like burgers. This time I surprised my husband with a candlelight sunset beach dinner and it was great the service was awesome even though they scared the poor intern I can't remember his name by telling the poor guy about my allergies and not to mrs up because we frequent the resort so much but props to him he did a fabulous job and I am not dead so job well done! They lady that was training him was delightful and at the end of the dinner she sang us a gorgeous song which just happens to be my husbands favorite love song right now.

Private Island- as I said earlier GO !!! Try to go everyday if you can it is the most romantic place . It is just a 2 minute boat ride from the resort you can see it from the main resort. It is so romantic and has all kinds of hidden little spots to hang with the one you love . There is always plenty of cabanas or huts and beach loungers. Go to the backside and I would suggest bring your own snorkeling gear because just off the rocks on the backside of the island is some great snorkeling where you will see lots of turtles , Rays, and plenty of fish. There is a pool, jacuzzi, swim up bar, restaurant ( sandals cay) and even a spa where you can get a massage right there in the beach.

Spa- definitely if you have spa credit use it it is amazing. If you don't the prices are reasonable. And I have never had a bad massage there. The sugar scrub is so awesome my skin was baby soft for weeks. Also if you get a sunburn they have a sunburn treatment that totally works and will take the heat and sting right out I got burned on a previous trip and did it and by the next day it was a tan and I was able to get a hit rock massage. I swear by that sunburn treatment and they sell the product in the spa and it isn't even expensive. All the ladies there are very nice the spa is gorgeous, there are three different locations the main spa on resort, the island spa, and another smaller one just outside the gate just a quick walk it is in the parking lot and it is actually very nice and upgraded.

Nightlife- my FAVORITE spot on the entire resort is the piano bar!!!!! First there is a huge bar in there with the best two bartenders in resort Shervin (fluffy) and Dion ( cupcake) they will have you laughing all night and have a new drink in front of you before you finish your first. Ask for a double trouble shot ( my shot) . Then there is the piano sing along get there early so you can get a spot at the piano and prepare to sing along even if you can't sing. And prepare to laugh harder than you ever have because the main player Leo is very entertaining and knows how to work the crowd. Not only is he an amazing singer but he can play anything on the piano and I mean anything. He is so TALENTED Sandals is very lucky to have him. I happen to have become good friends with him over the years so we are a hoot together ! He plays every night except Sunday and Tuesday they have other players those nights but I only like Leo because I am spoiled to his show. He plays from 9 till 11. We always go from there to the pub for late night dancing. The playmakers are usually in there and boy can they dance and entertain. They really get the guest engaged and having a good time . They can seriously dance like you have never seen. I look forward every night to dance offs with Bullet , Peter, and Kendall because I love to dance and they have fun with that. But I will talk about them in their own section.

Playmakers- OMG they are the best!!!!! I have been to a lot of sandals and many other resorts and nobody can even come close to what these playmakers are ! They entertain all day by the pool or beach volleyball and pool volleyball and games and such. Then by night they put in amazing and fun shows and dance the night away at the pub. This group is really something special they work long hours and it never shows. The Bahamian show is really good. All the playmaker have become our friends . Peter, Bullet, Ashwana, Molina, and Kendall! Top notch. They even invited us out off property to celebrate a birthday and we had a blast! Truly they are out friends. Kendall is doing a great job as the entertainment manager. They always make us feel special.

Butlers- they are all good. Not just the ones we use regularly. They go out of their way to make sure you never have to lift a finger . Trust me I have been without a butler before and now that they have butler service I will never book any other way. Sandals truly made brilliant business decision when they started this service. And at Sandals Royal Bahamian they have the best of the best. It is really worth the extra money it isn't just getting your dinner reservations and pool and beach chairs they literally do everything for you there is never a request that gets a no.

Last but not least management- management at Sandals Royal Bahamian is really good they have this resort running like a well oiled machine . Shout out to my favorite managers Kendall manager of entertainment, Diana the Butler manager, Damion the manager of the soon come back desk, Charles the resort manager, and Gary the general manager . Those are stand outs that really keep this place going.
So all in all this is a very special place . I like to call it my happy place ! And we keep coming back for a reason because the staff is simply the best there is!!! Please don't listen to negative reviews take it from someone who can't stop coming back let them WOW you!
Vicki Waggoner

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I are 50+ years old. I start with this info on us to provide an insight to our review. I served for 27 years in the military. Prior to serving my country, I was an Army brat. In other words, I have seen a few beaches and places. Sandals Royal Bahamian was everything it promised to be and more. The staff was superb. My wife and I wish to thank Jasmin, Monique, Daniel, Franchesca and Rhonda. Each of these staff members went out of their way to insure we had anything we wanted or needed. Always providing professional service with a smile. The room was very clean and fully stocked. The restaurants were equally clean and the food awesome. Despite a close call from Hurricane Joaquin, the staff and facility provided us with an incredibly beautiful series of memories. In Navy speak, Bravo Zulu!

Stayed October 2015, traveled as a couple
Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Outstanding service,quiet and spacious room, location close to pool and nearby beach.6 great restaurants on property. Our favorite was Gordon's On The Pier. Wait staff were all exceptionally professional and friendly.Of special note was a butler named Moral. Having been to this resort twice prior he recognized our party and was always willing to assist us with whatever our needs entailed. An exceptional employee and we were made to feel like part of his family.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are away from the pool area in the Windsor Tower or Balmoral Tower
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I picked this location for our honeymoon and booked through our travel agent. We had expectations since it is a pricey choice and those expectations were far exceeded. From the moment we got off the plane, the exceptional service began. The stress free and no worries for us kicked in. As soon as we arrived to the resort, we were greeted with damp towels, which helped with the all day traveling and humidity. We were then escorted to the club sandals concierge and greeted by Dionte. His service right away blew us away. Making sure our check in was smooth, making reservations for our dinners, and maintaining our requests for the type of room we requested. He took us to our room after enjoying our lunch and receiving great service from Monique in the royal cafe. Our room and view floored us. It was beautiful. Our first night was spent lounging and recouping from the over night flight without any sleep. We did request for a couples massage to be booked and Sheree went above and beyond making the reservation for us, on the private island. Our therapists Tamara and Jana hit the spot with making sure our massage was relaxing while listening to the waves from the ocean in our cabana. Out candlelight dinner was a perfect start to our nights of dinner reservations. Our server, Deandra gave us perfect service and made sure we were happy with the food and service. Other servers that stood out to us were Cham in Kimonos, Gary the quiet pool bartender, Marciel in Stewfish, Llewell in the Pub, and Carlton in Gordon's on the Pier. Every meal we had by far exceeded our expectations. Everything was delicious, fresh, and flavorful. We never had a thought in the world that the best fish and chips we ate would be in the Bahamas. Other employees that delivered exceptional service were Janelle our housekeeper, Reginald from concierge and the shopping tour, Ansharday and Shelly in the spa for our second spa appointment. We highly recommend this location to anyone and we will be back. We didn't get every persons name but we should have. Every employee we encountered with delivered service with a smile. All the dining experiences were the best we have had. The locations and cleanliness left and impression on us. I could go on and on about our experience. It made our honeymoon memorable and something we will never forget. The only complaint we would have is the room service selection is slim, but that didn't put a dent in anything since all the positives wipes it away. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2015, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection