“Excellent experience for the 4th time. We will return.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$235 Spa/Tour Credit!
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent experience for the 4th time. We will return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from 4 nights at The Royal Bahamian. We originally had reservations at Baha Mar and when they did not open we were moved to The Melia. After one night at The Melia without any air conditioning in our room and rude service we packed up and left and moved to The Royal Bahamian where we had stayed three previous times.

We arrived at the resort within an hour of the reservation being booked and our room was ready. We were worried since this was basically the last room but it worked out great. Everyone was polite and so apologetic about the horrible start of our vacation at The Melia. They quickly made restaurant reservations for us for the rest of the week and went above and beyond to make sure the rest of our vacation was exceptional.

I highly recommend the butler service especially Butler Moral and Reginald with Club Sandals. If you cannot do the butler service at least get a club level room and you will have friendly people to help make your vacation special. We booked a private boat charter prior to arriving and Sandals convinced the charter boat to come to Sandals to pick us up instead of going into town to the community pier. This was their idea as well. It is the little things like this that sets this resort apart from others.

The resort was clean especially the rooms and we had plenty of air conditioning which is a problem further down the island near Baha Mar. We stayed in The Windsor building and it appeared to be a recent remodel. Bathrooms were new, updated tile and nice illuminated mirrors.

The resort was booked completely online but we never felt like it was crowded or we could not get dinner reservations. Food was good and only complaint is a limited beer selection since my husband and I like craft beer however this is any resort in Nassau. Many nights we went into a restaurant and just asked for dessert to go and they happily made us plates to take back to our room. All inclusive is nice and we were never charged for extras like our night at The Melia. The Melia was promoted as all inclusive but when you received the menu many items were an up charge. We visited Atlantis one night for dinner and after leaving with a $260 bill and $40.00 spent at the bar on two drinks we wondered why did we even leave Sandals for dinner.

Unfortunately it rained most of our trip but we did go to the private island one day. This is something we look forward to each time we go. Leave on the first boat of the day to get a nice cabana and take your snorkeling gear too. The island is a treat and makes for a nice relaxing afternoon. Even the beach not on the island at the resort was relaxing and not crowded. It was nice to be away from the party atmosphere we left behind at The Melia.

Transportation to and from the airport is top notch especially with the higher level rooms. Drivers are nice and their cars clean. It is never fun to leave a vacation but leaving in a Rolls Royce or Mercedes helps.

Security on the resort is impressive. I never realized how important this was until we stayed at The Melia for one night. Sandals is gated and you do not get by security unless you belong there. They keep track of when you leave and come back. The Melia security was horrible and anyone would just walk on the resort including construction building Baha Mar and crowds from cruise ships in port. Sandals is locked down tight.

In summary Sandals Royal Bahamian is not cheap but we learned the hard way it is the only option we will consider in Nassau. It is worth every penny and a great value once you realize all that is included. Great service and polite people is priceless. We will definately return to The Royal Bahamian again but next time stay longer. We are very grateful for everyone at the resort giving us a great vacation.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book Butler level rooms
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,289)
  • Polish first
San Diego California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I just returned from this beautiful property after being there for 10 glorious days celebrating our 9th Anniversary/ My Birthday we stayed in the Windsor Honeymoon Hideaway Swim up Crystal Lagoon Zen Butler Suite. We arrived to the Airport and were picked up in a top of the line Rolls Royce by Miguel the driver. He was soo funny and so informative he gave us the ins and outs of fun things to do in town. The drive was about 15 min from the Airport and once we arrived we were greeted by the nice staff and taken into the check in office while out Butler came and picked us up. Meleka and Dianna were our Butlers and they were over the top amazing....they made sure to check on us very frequently and make sure that everything we ran out of was replenished. They made sure that the Bar and fridge was always fully stocked. The girls made sure we had chairs at the pool everyday even if it meant they were at work at 6am. Not having to worry about making dinner reservations was really great the girls knew which restaurants were my favorite and they made sure we dinned there more than once. Listening to other couples that didn't have Butler service and couldn't get in to the Restaurant they wanted was a bummer and hearing them whine about not being able to get a chair by the pool confirmed to us why we would never do this without the Butler service. We observed a guest that had Butler service for him and his wife and was traveling with three other couples that didn't and the level of arrogance and disrespect that he had for his Butler was horrible...he expected his Butler to cater and reserve for the other couples that did not have this service!!! We observed his poor Butler trying to please him as he barked orders this was ridiculous because it probably impacted the Butler's other guests that had "paid" for this service. So please if you travel with Butler service and your friends don't....please don't try to offer it to your friends and make your Butler's work day horrible they work very hard and have to endure a lot of different personalities. Restaurants were amazing and there were a few Staff members that stood out ......My Favorite being "Nate" the Great....you can find him at Gordons on the Pier he is simply the best his treatment of people is quite frankly the BEST.....I heard that he was training for Butler and I know that Nate will go far and he will be one of the best Butlers Royal Bahamian could have. My other fave was "Marvin" at the Bacarat French Restaurant food is delicious but once again the experience that Marvin gives you makes the evening amazing and sets the mood!! He is a Character, he makes recommendations on food, drink, and dessert and makes you feel like he had this prepared for just "you" and no one else. Crystal Room is also on the top of my favorites the food has a Mediterranean flair and it was also delicious. This is the first Sandals we have been that actually has a Night life all others everybody was asleep by 9pm and there wasn't anything other than a corny Piano Bar. Here at the Royal Bahamian they have Jazz artists performing on the courtyard and they have dance music inside the Cricketters Pub so we really loved this property this was our fifth Sandals trip and we received our Silver Sandals and were very excited as we weren't even expecting that. We met several couples that were also returning guests and everyone had nothing but wonderful things to say about this property and the staff so when I read the reviews and people complain that the service stank or that their stuff was stolen I just don't understand. We totally recommend this place and before we checked out we booked our next year trip to Ochi Grande in Jamaica for our next Sandals experience.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Windsor Honeymoon Hideaway Swim up Crystal Lagoon Zen Butler Suite......the only wa...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

You do NOT get what you pay for. The concept/idea is nice that you won't have to worry about money when you are there, but for the amount of money you pay ($1200 - $1500/night) to have it be "all inclusive" you're better off staying at a nice hotel, paying have that for your room and spending the additional money.

Food was AWFUL! You can not have food anytime you want, only during 'select' hours, which ends at 10pm for the most part. Their chicken, when available (which wasn't often)had an extremely odd texture to it, not like chicken in the US. They did have random cats wondering the property, we joked that that was the chicken served. Their turkey was 200% processed. You could pick it up and wiggle it like it was jello... absolutely disgusting. Again, food is only available during certain time blocks so the only food that is always available is pizza that tastes like cardboard and chips, salsa & guacamole.

Alcohol is NOT Premium as advertised. Majority of brands are "island" brands. Vodka was Absolute and did not taste like it. Think that may have been watered down as my friend had multiple drinks and no buzz. I stuck with Tanqueray, which this and Crown Royal were the only two 'top brands' that they had. Wine selections include a red or white 'Sandals' brand & the Champagne was an unfamiliar cheap brand but surprisingly did not leave you with a hangover.

When I travel, I enjoy having a cocktail variety selections and upscale dining. ESPECIALLY when paying $3,000 for 3 nights! You will NOT get that here!!! We did travel over to The Atlantis one day, which I was ever so grateful to have actual name brand liquors and normal food which was amazing!

Room Tip: Room with balcony was nice. Friends had once w/o and very much smaller. But again, I do not recomm...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First, don't let this review discourage you from visiting the Bahamas. It's a wonderful island full of wonderful people.

Sadly we chose to stay here on our honeymoon. Within one day I wish we would have not chosen Sandals for our special vacation. The highlights of our trip to the Bahamas all happened outside of the resort. Outside of the Sandals resort we met lots of amazing people that live on this Island. This is the second time I've tried Sandals and I'm done. We do however want to come back to the Bahamas.

Reasons you would like Sandals:
-If you are the type of person who wants to drink all day and not have a bar tab.
-You don't really care about what you are eating.
-You want to stay somewhere and not really have to leave the resort.

Reasons not to stay here:
- Horribly overpriced for the experience
- Food is horrible. We found a bunch of hair in our food one day. The only fine dining part is that the hostess puts your napkin on your lap. The best meals we had all week were in downtown.
- Do not come here if you have a serious food allergy. I have a mild chocolate allergy and was served chocolate at least four times. This was after they asked about allergies and had it written down when we checked in.
- Security. A perfume bottle was stolen out of my room one night when we were out for a scheduled dinner. DO NOT bring anything of value to this resort. They go through your rooms when you are at dinners that have been scheduled by the staff.
- Butler service was ok. Not worth the extra dollars though. We felt as if we were on the bottom of their list. If we really enjoyed the dining opportunities at the resort, I would say the plus to a Butler is they book your dinner times.
- The "nicer" restaurants were booked up. We wanted to change one reservation and couldn't. Our butler seriously tried to talk us out of Nobu versus the crappy restaurant we would have dined at on the resort.
- The private car transfer was about the only thing on the package worth the value. Excellence service here.

Room Tip: Ocean views are really limited between both towers.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed for seven nights April 2015 in a junior suite in the Windsor building. Clean comfortable room with a view of pool and sea and a fully stocked mini bar, restocked daily. All the staff we met were helpful and friendly but Sherman (aka Fluffy), the barman in the piano bar, deserves a special mention - very funny guy and a great barman. Good food in all the restaraunts but particularly liked the breakfast buffet in Spices. All the drinks were top shelf brands and all the bar staff were generous with their measures. My wife and I had a great time just lazing by the pool but lots of entertainment going on in and around the pool if you want it. We would recommend this resort without hesitation. If I had any criticism it would be that the beach is quite small so if like us you like long walks on the beach you wont get that. The brochure pictures make the beach appear much longer and nicer than it is.

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool and sea and was in the Windsor building. Initially we were put in a room at...
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My frustration started during check in. We arrived a little after 2pm and the check in process was a ridiculous 2 hours. There was a few other couples checking in as well and all of them took at least 2 hours. One couple who the wife was pregnant had to wait until 6:30 before their room was ready. So get their early and be prepared.
We booked the ocean view honeymoon suite but the room they took us to was right over the pool. Not at all what we paid for. Eugene, the manager, said we can go eat or go to the pool while he straightens it out. 2 hours later we go back to check only to be escorted back to the same room. He said the ocean view room wouldn't be ready until tomorrow morning. The next day came and we were told by another front desk staff member that they would have the room by 3pm. So we went to the beach and the pool and tried to relax until they got us to the right room. The new room was beautiful!! Thanks, Eugene!
If you think you will have top shelf liquor in your wet bar in your room, you won't.. The pool bars did have Absolute vodka most days, but not much else top shelf. Most of the bartenders were nice, but a few seemed frustrated to be waiting on guests. I also didn't like how they cleaned the glasses. The just used dish soap and then rinsed.. No sanitizer step.
My other frustration was our credit from our gift registry that we used at sandals. I got an email before we left confirming the funds we had were at the resort and all set for us to use. When I asked The manager about it he saw no funds. I showed him the email and he said don't worry he will straighten it out. Next day still funds missing. He led me to another office to speak with someone else. She was very nice and said will get it fixed. I told her to call me and send email confirmation once done. I never heard back from her, but finally they found our funds 3 days into our 5 day trip. The spa was booked up the next day so friday, our last day there we finally got our spa treatments. That was an issue too. 1st the anger said we ant use all the funds for the spa and had to use what they were purchased for. I told him on the gift certificates he sent up to our to our rooms that the funds canne used for anything at the resort. He confirmed I was correct. It really shouldn't be this difficult. We had over $300 excursion credit that we didn't even take advantage of because we were dealing with all this other stuff.

Here is what we loved about the resort. The ocean was beautiful and water was warm. The jet skiing
was affordable and very fun, but you need to haggle down the price. The pools were wonderful and warm as well. The floats you need to get early because they go fast. The food at the Italian restaurant was very good. The hibachi restaurant wasn't great. I'd skip it all together if I ever went back.
If I had to do it all over I would have went to Atlantis or Justs bed and breakfast spot. Sandals was not worth what we spent and all the frustration made this not the way we wanted to celebrate our honeymoon

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just had an amazing 4-day weekend at Sandals Royal Bahamian. This is a great smaller sized resort with tons of dining and activity choices. This gives the best of both worlds - everything is easily walkable, but there is so much to do it's difficult to get bored.

The private island is very nice. I recommend dining at Stew Fish for lunch - the cracked conch is great. Snorkeling just off shore you'll see plenty of turtles.

Club Sandals offers fun daily activities. There's a shopping trip. We did a martini tasting last night and met a bunch of fun people.

Dining was decent. Best meal by far was Baccarat. Wait a few minutes extra and get a table by the window for a great dining experience.

What pushed this stay to a 5-star review was the attentive and super fun staff. We had an absolute ball with all of our Sandals friends:
Club Sandals: Karen Singh, Bryan, Rashad and Reginald were so helpful. They were also hilarious and fun to be with. Bryan had us in stitches and we ran into Karen everyday - she always recognized us and checked to make sure we were happy.
Crystal room: Darlene works the check in and is the sweetest in the whole world. Shekira is a fantastic server inside the restaurant and will get you anything you need.
Spices: Rochelle is hilarious and wonderful. We even heard that she followed some dissatisfied guests out of the restaurant so she could try to make things right. That's great service.

Our room:
We had room 1415, a Windsor Honeymoon Oceanview Club Level Suite. Very nicely sized suite. Updated bathroom and a decent view. Pictures attached.

We also went into the port area to haggle at the straw market. Fish fry for cracked conch and don't forget the Sky Juice!!!!!

Room Tip: Club level rooms offer great benefits!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple