Just returned from 4 nights at The Royal Bahamian. We originally had reservations at Baha Mar and when they did not open we were moved to The Melia. After one night at The Melia without any air conditioning in our room and rude service we packed up and left and moved to The Royal Bahamian where we had stayed three previous times.
We arrived at the resort within an hour of the reservation being booked and our room was ready. We were worried since this was basically the last room but it worked out great. Everyone was polite and so apologetic about the horrible start of our vacation at The Melia. They quickly made restaurant reservations for us for the rest of the week and went above and beyond to make sure the rest of our vacation was exceptional.
I highly recommend the butler service especially Butler Moral and Reginald with Club Sandals. If you cannot do the butler service at least get a club level room and you will have friendly people to help make your vacation special. We booked a private boat charter prior to arriving and Sandals convinced the charter boat to come to Sandals to pick us up instead of going into town to the community pier. This was their idea as well. It is the little things like this that sets this resort apart from others.
The resort was clean especially the rooms and we had plenty of air conditioning which is a problem further down the island near Baha Mar. We stayed in The Windsor building and it appeared to be a recent remodel. Bathrooms were new, updated tile and nice illuminated mirrors.
The resort was booked completely online but we never felt like it was crowded or we could not get dinner reservations. Food was good and only complaint is a limited beer selection since my husband and I like craft beer however this is any resort in Nassau. Many nights we went into a restaurant and just asked for dessert to go and they happily made us plates to take back to our room. All inclusive is nice and we were never charged for extras like our night at The Melia. The Melia was promoted as all inclusive but when you received the menu many items were an up charge. We visited Atlantis one night for dinner and after leaving with a $260 bill and $40.00 spent at the bar on two drinks we wondered why did we even leave Sandals for dinner.
Unfortunately it rained most of our trip but we did go to the private island one day. This is something we look forward to each time we go. Leave on the first boat of the day to get a nice cabana and take your snorkeling gear too. The island is a treat and makes for a nice relaxing afternoon. Even the beach not on the island at the resort was relaxing and not crowded. It was nice to be away from the party atmosphere we left behind at The Melia.
Transportation to and from the airport is top notch especially with the higher level rooms. Drivers are nice and their cars clean. It is never fun to leave a vacation but leaving in a Rolls Royce or Mercedes helps.
Security on the resort is impressive. I never realized how important this was until we stayed at The Melia for one night. Sandals is gated and you do not get by security unless you belong there. They keep track of when you leave and come back. The Melia security was horrible and anyone would just walk on the resort including construction building Baha Mar and crowds from cruise ships in port. Sandals is locked down tight.
In summary Sandals Royal Bahamian is not cheap but we learned the hard way it is the only option we will consider in Nassau. It is worth every penny and a great value once you realize all that is included. Great service and polite people is priceless. We will definately return to The Royal Bahamian again but next time stay longer. We are very grateful for everyone at the resort giving us a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau