“Nice resort, made better if you have a butler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$235 Spa/Tour Credit!
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston, West Virginia
“Nice resort, made better if you have a butler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We were married at a Sandals in Jamaica 15 years ago, and this resort was our first choice but too pricey for us back then, so we decided to go as a "second honeymoon." In the meantime, we've visited many Caribbean islands, so we decided to give Nassau a try.

Although we initially booked a concierge level room, after reading reviews about problems getting dinner reservations and chairs with umbrellas without a butler, we called and upgraded to a butler suite. It was worth it, in our opinion, since most of the complaints we read seem to be due to things that occur when you don't have a butler. However, I will note, not all butlers are created equal. Although we were given the names of 3 female butlers when we arrived (and I'm sorry I don't recall their names) we only saw 2 of the three. While the 2 we had were "ok," they did not seem to care about going above and beyond. This became especially clear two nights before we left. On that evening, we were told one of our regular butlers was off and "Moral" would be taking her place. Moral sought us out at the restaurant where we were having dinner to introduce himself and check on us. No other butler had done that to that point. He was extremely upbeat and friendly. When we finished eating, Moral suddenly appeared and asked where we wanted to go next, and walked us there. This also had not happened with our butler before that. Most importantly, later that evening, when it became clear that I was having an allergic reaction to something (still not clear what) and needed medical attention, Moral came to our room and told us he would meet us out front and HE would drive me. He got the Mercedes and pulled up and ushered us in and took me by several urgent care places that were closed, and we found one that was open for another 1/2 hour. The lady behind the desk rudely told us they were too backed up already to see me. Moral asked us to take a seat and talked with the lady at the desk, practically begging her to let me see the doctor, unfortunately to no avail. Although it clearly was not his fault, he apologized profusely for the woman's rude behavior as he drove me to the ER. (I was NOT having life-threatening symptoms at that point, just major hives and some numbness in my lips and tongue.) Moral took us to the private hospital and sat with us an hour or more until they called me back. We had to practically FORCE him to leave, as he wanted to wait with me, and we explained they could end up keeping me overnight for observation, and then he left hesitantly. I think it's important to note, up to this point, I've traveled all over the Caribbean, and, being quite healthy and fairly young, I've never given a second thought to what would happen if I needed medical care at my destination. After this, I will always keep it in mind. I found the medical staff and facility in Nassau (though somewhat primitive by American standards) very good. They were able to get my symptoms under control and after a bit of monitoring, release me. They even had someone drive us back to our resort. Had we been in Jamaica or Punta Cana or some other places we've been, I don't know that I would have had that kind of confidence. Although Moral was only our butler that one evening, he went above & beyond. We left him a sizable tip to let him know how much we appreciate him, and if we ever do return, we will definitely request him.

Having led with what I think we could most add to these reviews, for anyone who's interested, I will provide a few other details about our experience. We found Nassau's airport to be one of the most efficient we've been. When we arrived, we quickly went through customs and found the Sandals desk, where we were immediately taken to a Mercedes that took the two of us straight to our hotel. We were not at the airport longer than 15 minutes after arriving. Our driver pointed out all the sights as we passed them. Upon arrival at Sandals, we were taken directly to the Butler room lounge, where we were given champagne and an I-Pad that ALREADY CONTAINED EVERYTHING from the initial reservation. All I had to do was add my husband's cell phone number, and we signed and gave them a credit card for incidentals. The entire process took about 10 minutes. Because we arrived at 1:00 p.m., hours before check-in, our room was not ready, but one of our butlers escorted us to the restaurant of our choice for lunch. We finished lunch by 2:00 p.m. and were again escorted to our room, which had a nice fruit plate waiting, rose petals scattered about and towels made into swans .
We had a VERY nice 2-room suite in the Windsor tower with a living/dining/kitchenette area with fully stocked bar that had a nice balcony overlooking the Windsor pool and faced the private island and separate bedroom with 4-poster bed, large bathroom with double closets and separate shower area. WE LOVED our room, as we were able to cozy up on loungers on our balcony and watch the evening music entertainment down below at the firepits and pool area. The only negative about the room from my perspective is that I enjoy a room where I can lie in bed and see the blue water, which was not possible.

At our room, our butler gave us a schedule with the dinner reservations that had been made for our stay without consulting us. Had I known, I would have indicated my preferences in the "comments" section of the "butler preference" form. Our butler said we should have told the travel agent who booked our trip, but I clarified I booked with Sandals directly and was not asked. They did work with us to get the schedule we wanted.

We were there for 4 dinners and thought the food was amazing. Our favorites were a tie between the "land and sea" of filet mignon & lobster tail at Gordon's and the beef at Baccarat. I had a delicious grilled salmon at The Crystal Room as well. We took advantage of having most breakfasts on our balcony overlooking the blue water, which was wonderful.

We visited the private island one day, and were a bit disappointed to learn that the shade that had been reserved for us was a lounge with cover at the pool, from where you could not see the ocean. (There were PLENTY of these available for anyone who did NOT have a butler, btw.) Our butler had not asked if wanted pool or beach on the island, so again, I guess it was our fault for assuming. Later that afternoon, we wandered around and found a beautiful covered cabana on the back side of the island. If you don't want to pay for a butler and want a covered spot on the island, a tip is to wait until the afternoon to go over, as some of the people whose butlers reserved all the good spots will have returned for the day, leaving their spot open for someone else to grab. Also, we spent all other days on the beach. Although our butler brought us drinks when we specifically requested them, for the most part, we just ordered from the attendant who was CONSTANTLY walking by and taking orders.

One last thing about the location. We were there March 31st through April 4th, and I was afraid the water would be too cold to swim. Unfortunately, it was, so we didn't get to go snorkeling. We also found the pools too cold to stay in very long. In fact, although it was sunny everyday, it was hot not under the umbrella but chilly under the umbrella. If we were to return, we would wait until July or August.

Finally, one of the things I love about Sandals is that they have photographers everywhere, which I especially loved because my camera battery died and I did not bring my charger. We had our picture taken before dinner a couple nights, and ended up having a beautiful photo shoot of priceless photos in the garden. We purchased many photos, and found the price EXTREMELY REASONABLE.
All in all, we loved the resort and Nassau in general would return there.

Room Tip: Butler rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,280)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Spectacular time at this all-inclusive resort in the beautiful Bahamas! We were transported in a Rolls to and from the airport. Had butler service that was incredible with Morale and Alexander!!! They went above and beyond and I highly recommend requesting these two if you choose butler service. They were so proactive rather than reactive and provided service that makes you want to return just for their pampering! The resort is top-shelf from top to bottom and if that's not enough, there is the gorgeous beach and wonderful food. If I had to sight a shortcoming of the experience, it would be that on occasion some of the employees seem a bit disinterested and

Stayed April 2015
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is our third trip to the Royal Bahamian Spa and Resort and it gets better every time. We spent 7 wonderful days here in the sun and the fun. We had the butler service that was wonderful. The three butlers we had were always available for us. I only wish we could have stayed a few days longer. The restaurants served wonderful food and of course we had the wonderful drinks that all of the friendly bartenders made for my wife and I to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. What a blast. We went to the private island twice during our stay and had a chance to snorkle in the crystal clear waters by the island. The first time that I ever got to see sea turtles in the wild.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Windsor are fantastic on the upper floors. We were on the fourth floor overlooking...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Rayne M, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Ralph,
It was our pleasure to welcome you back for your 3rd trip to Sandals Royal Bahamian and we're so glad that you had a wonderful anniversary with us. We pride ourselves on offering unique vacation experiences to our guests so we're very grateful to see that we continue to achieve that for you. Thank you so much for your awesome review and your kind compliments to our staff! We cannot wait to welcome you back for another relaxing trip in the near future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We recently stayed at this resort..overall it was a great experience, unlimited food and drinks.. One of the workers named A.C. Made our trip amazing, he always had a huge smile on his face and always asked if we needed anything. He is definitely an asset to this company. I wish I could take him home with me! There isn't really much night life, no clubs or bars with good music...they had a piano bar... But it didn't have top forty or any songs we knew.. Our favorite restaurant was Casanova,I kept wanting to go there every night. The waiters were all very nice.
Now my complaints...
The pool was quite dirty.. At night you could see a layer of dirt floating in the water on the edges .. Around the bar area in the pool it was filthy, flowers from a bridal party two days ago was still floating in the water.. I didn't see anyone cleaning the pools the days that I did stay there.. Maybe they did but they need to do a better job at it because it was absolutely filthy.. I stayed on the beach most of the time..

Next, we left our charger in the room and it seems as though house keeping stole it. It was gone after she had cleaned the room and we were upset because it was a forty dollar charger.. Anddddd now we had nothing to charge our phones with. We called front desk multiple times but no one was able to find it.. Now I know a phone charger doesn't have legs and gets up and walks away.. Someone must have took it.

Overall it was a nice experience, with a few upsetting events.. My suggestion is defffff go to the private island it's amazing.. And bring scuba gear if you can! Never leave anything important when house keeping goes to your room, especially your charger!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I had an amazing honeymoon at this resort. It is absolutely beautiful and the staff are amazing. We were able to totally relax and spend time together as husband and wife. The beaches are pristine and the other island is perfect for a day of peace and quiet and amazing snorkeling. Overall we had an amazing time without any complaints.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Rayne M, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Tia,
We're delighted to hear that you and your husband had such a fantastic honeymoon at Sandals Royal Bahamian! From the gorgeous Bahamian beaches to the friendly staff and everything in between, it seems like you enjoyed every moment of your stay and that's exactly the kind of feedback we love to receive. Thank you so much for your amazing review! We hope to welcome you back for another incredible vacation in the near future!
Catawba, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was all good. Need bloody mary's in the morning, not everyone drinks mamosas. The food was better at the Italian restaurant. We didn't pay to eat at the pier restaurant. The island was nice but none of the bars opened before 10:00 or 11:00.

Room Tip: They are all good, no need to get the expensive ones.
Hi there Brenda,
Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Royal Bahamian! It's wonderful to see that you had such an amazing time staying with us. We always strive to offer fantastic vacation experiences to all of our guests and we are thrilled to see that we achieved that for you. We appreciate all of your feedback and your helpful suggestions. Please feel most welcome to visit us again anytime - we would love to welcome you back!
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I just got back from an 8 night stay at this resort, and we were not disappointed! This was our first experience with an all-inclusive, and our first stay at a Sandals. We went with another couple, and had a fantastic time. The resort itself is beautiful and well-maintained, the beach is pristine, and the private island was a fun change of scenery.

We went on two snorkeling trips through Sandals (included in your room rate) and also snorkeled off of the private island (tons of sea turtles!! Some little jellyfish...). The snorkel trips took us to two different locations just 5 minutes from the resort, and we saw a lot of beautiful coral and sea-life. The lagoons in the back of the private island have a lot of sea life, and barely anyone was there snorkeling. The regular beach at the resort is sandy and good for swimming.

The pools are great, and it was not too difficult finding 4 lounge chairs together. One pool is quieter with colder water, and the other is lively with entertainment and warmer water. There are also lounge chairs on the beach. Waiters would constantly come by and take our drink orders while we laid out, and they were always clearing away glasses and making sure things stayed organized and pristine.

As far as other entertainment, we especially enjoyed the piano bar (sing-alongs are hilarious and so fun!), the Cricketer's Pub for dancing, and the live bands out by the fire pits. We also played ping-pong, beach volleyball, went paddle boarding, and just generally enjoyed ourselves.

We were very impressed by the food at the resort, especially Baccarat, the Crystal Room, Stew Fish, and Gordon's (we paid an extra $140 per couple for all you can eat at Gordon's, get the Crustacean Platter!). The pizzeria by the pools is really good as well for lunch. We were also pleasantly surprised by the numerous healthy options offered.

The resort actually messed up our room reservation, and had the wrong date of arrival, so our rooms were not ready when we arrived. To make up for it, they booked us into upgraded club level rooms, and gave us a free private candlelight dinner on the beach. The rooms were nice, with a minibar, large bathroom, two closets, and an extra sink outside of the bathroom. I would not recommend a ground-floor room though, as the staff moved tables in the lobby early in the morning and we could hear people talking in the hallway in the middle of the night. There were also a few other minor quirks with the rooms, such as really short shower curtains, but nothing that affected our enjoyment of the vacation. You have to be ready to suspend your expectations of fast service, as everything in the Bahamas is done at a much slower pace. We didn't mind, as we had nowhere to be. The staff were also very friendly.

I was able to access Wifi on the beach and on the private island, so I could check e-mail and upload some pictures.

Overall, we had good weather. There was one day of thunderstorms. The weather got progressively more humid as the week went on, and we started to notice some bug bites at the end of the trip.

Bottom line, great vacation! I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Choose the Balmoral, and get a balcony room that isn't on the first floor.