“The Ultimate in Vacations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Watertown, New York
“The Ultimate in Vacations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just returned from a most wonderful vacation at Sandals Royal Bahamian. Every single detail about the trip was wonderful. We were warmly welcomed when we arrived by Dawn who obviously wanted to ensure that every part of our experience was wonderful and it most certainly was. Dawn continued to greet us each day and continually checked with us throughout the trip to ensure that we had everything we needed and that our vacation was special. The property was beautiful and well maintained. It offered so many opportunities for a delightful vacation. Everyone we met was extremely professional, friendly and attentive. Not one detail was missed. The pools, beaches and offshore Island are superb. The evening entertainment was always very enjoyable and the food was outstanding. Everyone from concierge services, room service, beverage services, housekeeping and event planners was terrific. We enjoyed a very warm visit with Karen, Operations Manager and James, Beverage Manager before our departure who wanted to ensure that our entire stay at Sandals had been to our liking. We will definitely return to Sandals and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,228)
  • Polish first
Huntington Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I just completed a weeks stay. Our only regret is we didn't book for longer days. I'm convinced, most negative reviewers come in here looking for something negative to find, because this resort is perfect.

We booked a room in the village as we knew it to be a little quiet from other reviews on here. The room was a little older, but it was well maintained. By a little older, it was still fresh, not like some folks here paint it out to be. There was a large television, minibar that was stocked, and most important it was quiet. There is a maintenance crew almost always out and about, whether its landscaping, painting, fixing a loose board on the dock. The fact of it is, it is a resort that is open 365 days a year, ongoing maintenance has to happen and I was please to see that it was.

We spent the majority of our time on Sandals Cay. It was purley magical out there. Yes, the Island is shared, however, once you are there, you would never know. On average, the water taxi can hold 50 people and only runs hourly so with the exception of the first boat, its generally empty. We were even lucky enough to have the same beach chairs twice in a row. The bar tenders out the Island are great, as is the food. There is a bar-be-que if conditions are favorable as well.

Food is great. The trick is to have the front desk make your reservations upon check-in. We live in the NY suburbs so did not bother trying the Italian as we have access to the best already, and we did not try the sushi. We did try Spices for dinner, (very good), Baccarat one night, (very good) and Stewfish (lunch and dinner). Its funny that we heard a few people complaining about stewfish. They must not have realized it was a Jamaican restaurant, and Jamaican food is spicy. I thought it was authentic and very good. We stopped at crickets one night for a drink and had a great time, Demario the bartender was skilled at his craft. We went back the next night for dinnner. It was ok, but not the best burger I've ever had. Still good experience.

The Piano bar was sort of tacky and goofy. It is next to impossible to get a quick drink in there due to the crowd well outnumbering the two bartenders. I also don't have to go to the carribean to hear a bunch of drunken sorority sisters sink the chorus to sweet home alabama.

As a heads up, there is a pool/hot tub at the back side of the property, beyond the garden village. If you are walking there after 10:00 p.m., proceed with caution. There must be something in the water that causes middle age folks to get it on in a cold pool late at night.

Otherwise, we had a blast and can't wait for our next Sandals experience.

Room Tip: Specify where you want your room. Make sure its not near the loud pool if you want silence, likewis...
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We loved staying at this Sandals location. The proximity to the airport is perfect. Staff was friendly and fun. As you can expect with a resort that gets consistent sun, the outside suffers the effects...doesn't affect my rating. The offshore island was our favorite location. We went across on the first boat in the morning and spent the day on the back side of the island. Talk about peaceful!!

Guest rooms were very clean and updated.

We decided one day to head in to Nassau and couldn't wait to get back to the resort. If you're looking for clean and relaxing then stay away from downtown. It's nothing but a cruise port with the same things in every shop. Eh...

We did have a bottle of cologne that came up missing but Sandals did a thorough investigation and offered to make it right. Someone probably needed it more than us! We always felt safe.Sandals is amazing! We'll be back!

Room Tip: The Royal Village rooms are a longer distance from the main pool, beach and restaurants. I'm gl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our stay was between March 22nd and March 29th, 2015. Upon our arrival we were greeted in the usual Sandals fashion (cool facecloth and champagne). Since we were Club Sandals Level, our registration was handled personally by a Club Sandals Representative. In our case this was Brian. He was amazing! Not only did he expedite our registration but he ensured we were booked immediately with the specialty restaurants we requested. This has never happened before at the other Sandals we have stayed. Bravo, Brian! We were not demanding guests, but Brian would check in with us during our stay to see if we had any concerns or requests. What an exceptional individual and a real asset to the Sandals Royal Bahamian Team!

Our room (1522) was the Windsor Oceanview Grand Luxe Club Level (GH). The room and the view were not disappointing. During our stay, housekeeping kept the room immaculate and ensured that everything was available and stocked - many thanks to Sonia and the other members of the housekeeping team.

The property at Royal Bahamian is first-rate and well-maintained. As we walked around, we were constantly greeted warmly and sincerely by various members of the staff. The temperatures at both large pools were comfortable. The beach and turquoise ocean water were inviting. Getting a beach or pool lounge chair was never an issue at this resort because attendants constantly removed towels from lounges that were vacant for a while. The only irregularity was on the island where we observed covered lounges reserved by butlers for their clients earlier in the day. These remained empty throughout the day and were never utilized. This seemed unfair to guests already on the island looking for lounges.

All of the restaurants did not fail to deliver - with one small exception. We were disappointed with breakfast at the Baccarat. The service was very slow. It took between 30 to 45 minutes for our order to arrive (Petit Déjeuner Anglais). Not only was it slow but they got most of it wrong. The Petit Déjeuner Anglais was supposed to have two eggs any style (we each got 4); my spouse got sausages instead of bacon as requested; and we got white instead of brown bread for toast. The breakfast was lukewarm at best - hence, the 0.1% missing in the title.

In fairness to the Baccarat, they did redeem themselves later in the week for our dinner. Our server, Deron, was personable, attentive, and efficient. The meals were delicious.

Some of the servers that stood out at the other restaurants were Phadalean and Oswald (Crystal Room), Terrance (Casanova), Marcian, Alexis and Melissa (Stew Fish) and Krysta, Yvonne and Courtney (Spices). All went the extra mile and we were very appreciative of their efforts.

We enjoyed our dinner at Kimonos, but did find it a bit noisy and could not hear what our server or the chef was saying most of the time. It was not the best Kimonos experience we have had. That still goes to Kimonos at Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Royal Bahamian and it was the best stay so far of all the Sandals we have visited. We would not hesitate to recommend this resort and will Soon Come Back!

Room Tip: Our room (1522) had an amazing ocean view. If available go for rooms on the 5th or 6th floors at the...
Great Exuma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at this resort for the 4th time and It always seems to get better! Me and my husband took this vacation just to relax and unwind. The check in process was a bit tedious as it seemed as if no one was expecting us. We were upgraded to club level which was a very nice gesture. Kevin in Club Sandals reception was really nice he checked us in as quick as possible and took us to our room. We did have to wait almost an hour for our bags to get to our room, resulting in us having to call 3 times and ending in my husband having to walk back down to the lounge to find out what was happening.

We dined at Stew Fish on the island our first evening. Our server (Misty- I think) was very nice and very accommodating. The food was OK. Being our first time dining there I don' t think I would go back. The bartender (Kenleshia *spelling) was rude! Made us not want to order drinks so we left the bar.
Baccarat has always been our favorite! Kevin our server was AMAZING!!!!!! Very fun and good at what he does! The food was not the same you can tell that the chefs have changed since we were there last June. Both of our steaks were under cooked and lobster was rubbery.
Casanova was a last minute decision but very worth it. Basil was our server and he was really good as well. Our pasta was cold but steak was cooked to perfection!

It seemed as if none of the pool bars had mint leaves or the bar tenders didn't want to be bothered to find any. Jordina at the bar in the Royal Theater was amazing very friendly and the only person who made my Mojito's just how i liked them :)

The overall experience was really good. The staff were all good some alot better than others but we will be returning next year :)

Room Tip: take your own bags to the room!
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A group of four of us went on this trip...all inclusive to Sandals. We thought we had read enough reviews and honestly, I think re reading some of these reviews WHAT DID I MISS? Are these truly the same people experiencing what the four of us did? I hate to read a long reviews on how much someone disliked it (even though I have a lot to say) But instead I will get right to the point. I will NEVER go back. The POOLS are not heated. They need to be. The staff DID not wait on us. Under the table tips will get you drinks but isn't the point of all inclusive? My drink - the mojito - was served to me ONCE before there was No more "mint" from ALL of their bars at 11am in the morning. The bartenders did not hide the fact that they hated making those drinks. The staff on the beach was inattentive on more than one occasion. The FOOD was horrible. The breakfast buffet was uninteresting, repetitive, and horrible. The fruit was not fresh. The beach is a joke (its tiny) and the "private" beach is separated by a cement wall. Also not pretty. I felt like they had my money so WHO cared at this point? BOTTOM LINE - if my review is even allowed to stay on the site - DON"T GO. I wish I had spent my money on another vacation - anything! IT was the most disappointing resort I've ever been at. PERIOD.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Richland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian for the first week in March. We had booked the most basic room in the Royal Village, as we were just going for fun - nothing too fancy needed. When we arrived we were greeted with smiles. We started check-in and low and behold we had received a free upgrade. We ended up in one of the more expensive rooms in the Royal Village with a balcony and bar in our room. Even though we were in the room farthest from the front of the resort, the beach was still only a short walk away.
We then called to book for Kimono's and the Baccarat. Like people have mentioned before, it was difficult to get a space at the Baccarat. The evening that we arrived had an open space in 2 hours, but we had been awake for well over 16 hours at this point and were exhausted. Another spot did not open up, so we never did get to go for dinner.
We tried to eat at all of the restaurants at least once and were very pleased overall. I have several nut based allergies and Sandals handled them wonderfully. Spices, the buffet, was great for both breakfast and lunch. It had a large variety to chose from, and the lunch theme changes daily. Casanova's has a wonderful chicken dish that I enjoyed, but the service on our second dine there was much worse. Breakfast at the Baccarat was wonderful. They did not have the drink my boyfriend wanted, so they sent someone to get him a glass - talk about service. At the Crystal Room, our server went out of his way to tell us about Downtown Nassau and the food was by far the best we had on the resort. Kimonos has an excellent sushi bar, and we were very entertained by our chef. The Cricketers's Pub was excellent for late night snacks. Make sure to try the apple crumble there! Lastly, we were most disappointed with The Royal Grill and Stewfish (on the island). Service at both was poor, and Stewfish especially was disheartening. Our waitress forgot about us. We sent another server to get her and she nor our waitress returned. We had to get our own drinks because she never brought us refills. This was probably our worse food based experience, however.
We made use of the water sports and private island often. We spent most of our time during the day over on Sandals Cay. We ended up purchasing our own snorkeling gear in the resort shop and it was worth it. We saw sea turtles, squids, many different fish and even a few small rays and an eel just offshore on the back half of the island. Since we enjoyed going on our own, we signed up for the trip that Sandals runs that goes to the reef. We saw very little that was different, and far fewer fish. The trip only gave us 20 minutes in the water and felt almost like a waste. I recommend bringing your own gear and sticking to the offshore island.
Lastly, we did go to Downtown Nassau. The bus was cheap and gave us a few nice views of the ocean as well as buildings. I found the Straw Market a little crazy, but my boyfriend loved every second of it. He found a local artist hidden among the rows and purchased some of her paintings to bring home. We visited a few landmarks that were within walking distance and called it a day. Overall, the people downtown were friendly.
We had a spa credit to use. I had a mani-pedi and a facial. Both were very relaxing, but I don't think I would have gone to the spa without the credit. It just wasn't something I could have seen myself doing otherwise.
Overall, our vacation was a wonderful getaway. I'm sure he and I will return to a Sandals in the future, as they gave us an experience we will never forget.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Royal Village are very quiet and feel less like a hotel and more like a small home