My wife and I stayed for 7 days in a club level room in the Windsor building. This was our first time at Sandals and overall we enjoyed the experience but there were a few features we were not so happy about. The check in process was very slow (after a 10 hour fight this was the last thing we needed). The next day, I asked the concierge to make some restaurant reservations as soon as the desk opened at 9am. He got back to me later and told me that only one of the bookable restaurants (Kimonos) was available any night in the week and that not until 9pm! He said we were on a wait list for the others but no one ever called us.
Restaurant capacity seems to be a general problem, especially when the island is closed due to bad weather, as it was most of the time we were there. On several evenings we had to wait for an hour or so for a table and in some of the restaurants there is nowhere to wait. It was generally too cold to sit outside and wait. On one occasion we had to wait about 15 minutes, just to get our name on the waiting list. Once on the list, we were not sure if we had missed our 'slot' or not. People seemed to arrive after us and go in before us.
The best of the restaurants was the Crystal Room and we ate there several times, when we could get in. Many thanks to head waiter Jakeel who made our last night at the resort really special.
We played tennis several days, but did not find out about the coaching and group sessions available until near the end of our stay. More information about activities like this would be good.
The pools were very cold and we did not use them at all, but they look nice. The hot tubs were warm, but every day the main ones near the pool were full of large groups who stayed there all day, getting very noisy by sunset! It was slightly intimidating and annoying, so a couple of times we moved to try to find a quieter place to sit.
On the plus side, our room was large, well equipped and very clean. All the staff we encountered were very polite and welcoming. The grounds are very well maintained and the beach is clean, if small. We enjoyed the island on the one day we could get over there and we liked going into town on the cheap and frequent bus from the main gate. It's good to escape sometimes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau